Community Member

Default The Titan Awakes

This is only quest I cant seem to get done....had account since 2009.....is there anyone out there that can actually do this quest....bad enough gettin through part 1 but part 2 is almost as annoying. 8 pillars and if you miss 3 times you fail.....so why bother with this quest.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mishraif View Post
    This is only quest I cant seem to get done....had account since 2009.....is there anyone out there that can actually do this quest....bad enough gettin through part 1 but part 2 is almost as annoying. 8 pillars and if you miss 3 times you fail.....so why bother with this quest.
    I have never run the quest; I have never seen a LFM up for it, nor could I talk guildies into running it.

I am sure you have researched wiki, but if not: here

It looks like it needs a fair bit of organization and rehearsal. As for why bother, some of the loot looks nice. Also, it bugs me just a little to have a quest I haven't completed.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mishraif View Post
    For the actual raid itself, you really only need 3 people with voice and ears (and 1 that knows what they are doing and all with good balance 25 or better), although having 4 helps. Its actually very easy once you know the drill. We usually run and complete almost every time. The most critical role for knowledge is lining up the titan and dropping the pillars. That person usually is best calling all the shots in the raid. Other that the 3 or 4 actively doing tasks in the raid, the rest are just asked to pike on a ladder.

My suggestion is just to find someone that knows how to run it, grab another friend or 2, get a balance item and run it. You may need to bring an arcane for part 1 (palemaster helps because you can run up the halls self healing) and setup the pre-raid for completion if not a full party.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    balance 25 or better
    Actually, the no-fail balance is 40. I used to run this twice a week. I failed balance checks with 38, but have never failed with 40+.

OP, if you're on Thelanis, I'm aiming to do the raid elite once per life on my TR project to grab the favour. There are a couple of other people on Thelanis who also put Titans up once in a while.
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thalone View Post
    Actually, the no-fail balance is 40. I used to run this twice a week. I failed balance checks with 38, but have never failed with 40+.

OP, if you're on Thelanis, I'm aiming to do the raid elite once per life on my TR project to grab the favour. There are a couple of other people on Thelanis who also put Titans up once in a while.
    You don't need no fail balance, just someone who wont get knocked down every single time. 25 is a minimum number. Although best balance should be on the gun, you really want the person on the ground to be the shot caller. I have donethe gun with well under 25 even in balance but its just plain annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalone View Post
    There are a couple of other people on Thelanis who also put Titans up once in a while.
    There was a group on Thelanis who did Titan runs every Wednesday at 8:00 pm central. I don't know for how long they did it but the group leader once told me he was at 30+ completions. As far as I know, they stopped when the two main people hit their 40th completion.

I tried getting a regular(ish) group together for it, and discovered that

1. I'm not good at anything in that raid except running the top crystals, which anyone with high balance can do.

2. I can't seem to successfully convey the concept of "STAY ON THE FREAKING PIKING LADDER, OH MY GOD"

3. I don't have enough friends in-game to run quests on any kind of regular timing.
    There's two people in my guild, myself included. We're level 40.

Community Member

My guild static night has tried this the last 2 weeks. We've had great fun and a proper challenge(even with just us 4 x 25lev characters). 1 st week 3 hours and failed on pillars, 2nd week 2 hours and failed on pillars(but we did actually hit the titan with some this time).
    3rd time lucky 18th july start 9.30pm gmt on thelanis if you want to join us. We use SKYPE

Look for Runikz.
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

I just recently got my alt account a Titan-runner build, designed so that I can always double-box the raid whenever I like. Today was the first day that I had the 1+ hour of uninterrupted gaming time to try it out - while it took a long time (horrible XP/min), it was totally worth it for the fun of running the Titan once again.

And that's really the only reason to run it - because you think it's fun. The biggest deterrent to having fun is that the very design of the raid seems to encourage more than half the group to stand around while someone else has all the fun.
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

Hi all. Not sure what server you're on mish, but I know that on Orien the raid runs on Wednesday night at 8pm and Saturday night a 5pm weekly (although we're currently on hiatus until the bug is fixed). There are also flagging runs hosted at 2pm on Saturdays. You can get a slot in the run by joining the titan channel (no password needed, just join). The raids are new player friendly, and the player who hosts them gives very thorough instructions. I don't think I've personally seen a titan run fail. This run is then followed by four completions of the Abbott raid, for those who are interested in that, and there are also HoX and VoD runs hosted on the channel on Mondays at 8. The titan raid has very good loot for TR purposes, so if you plan on TRing its definitely worth trying your luck. My main is currently loaded with goodies from all four of these raids from doing these runs, and I am excited to have a great gear set for many future TRs. Hope this is of help to someone.