Community Member

Default Momentum Swing and TWF

Posted somewhere else with no answers.....
    Can't find this anywhere else...
    Does Momentum Swing from Legendary Dreadnought proc off hand attacks when TWF?

Community Member

Yes, even double strike works for both hands with momentum ( and imp sunder too btw ). But cleaves don't get either double strike or off hand procs and are not very "smooth" for twf so resetting momentum might be actually a loss of dps on single target.
    But cleaves are great way to get rid of that delay after activating adrenaline or boost, so it probably makes up for that.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kgoodson3 View Post
    Posted somewhere else with no answers.....
    Can't find this anywhere else...
    Does Momentum Swing from Legendary Dreadnought proc off hand attacks when TWF?
    No.

+5W only applies to one attack using your main hand. Momentum swing is still great to fit into the rotation if you are TWF and using LD. Personally, I think Fury is the better destiny, and momentum swing is not worth twisting in.

J i c h a e l
    -&- D i l l i n j a h

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    Yes, even double strike works for both hands with momentum ( and imp sunder too btw ). But cleaves don't get either double strike or off hand procs and are not very "smooth" for twf so resetting momentum might be actually a loss of dps on single target.
    But cleaves are great way to get rid of that delay after activating adrenaline or boost, so it probably makes up for that.
    Are you sure? Never seen any double digits poping up when using it.

J i c h a e l
    -&- D i l l i n j a h

Community Member

You are correct about 5w only for main hand, I should have answered more clearly.
    About 4 possible hits and rolls for imp sunder / momentum, yes, I am sure
    Can get 4 stack sunder with one attack and 4 rolls/damage numbers with some luck.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LavidDynch View Post
    No.

+5W only applies to one attack using your main hand. Momentum swing is still great to fit into the rotation if you are TWF and using LD. Personally, I think Fury is the better destiny, and momentum swing is not worth twisting in.
    That's exactly what I was wondering. Just capped FotW and was curious if Momentum Swing was worth twisting.

So to understand correctly Momentum can proc 2 swings but the +5W applies only to the main hand....

Community Member

4 swings, and 5w only once

Worth it ? Don't know , but adrenalined momentum is guaranteed 2.5 - 3.5k on helpless with Balizarde/Mornh.

Community Member

4 swings, and 5w only once

Worth it ? Don't know , but adrenalined momentum is guaranteed 2.5 - 3.5k on helpless with Balizarde/Mornh.
    Ye, can confirm that you are right after testing it a bit more. I still don't think it's worth twisting in but it's a boon for sure.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LavidDynch View Post
    Ye, can confirm that you are right after testing it a bit more. I still don't think it's worth twisting in but it's a boon for sure.
    I haven't tested it lately, but when I did I found:

a) it takes for bloody ever to activate, you probably lose 4-6 swings to do one momentum swing
    b) I couldn't get it to work with adrenaline at all (but may have been before I had fury maxed, so I may have just been unlucky getting crits)

Adrenaline also takes forever to activate, but for x20ish damage and knowckdown/helpless it's well worth it.

IMO, lay waste is a much better twist for the crowd control and AoE +5(W) attack, even with the 1 min cooldown. Volcano's edge is also nice since it affects both blades (so 200+ damage guaranteed).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inoukchuk View Post
    IMO, lay waste is a much better twist for the crowd control and AoE +5(W) attack, even with the 1 min cooldown. Volcano's edge is also nice since it affects both blades (so 200+ damage guaranteed).
    Momentum is mostly for shiggles, but definitely better than LW or any t4 special. Again, it's ~ 3k+ guaranteed crit.
    It's not 6 -7 k like good LW with blitzing dual Mornhs but hey, at least it's something to do :P

Community Member

Momentum is mostly for shiggles, but definitely better than LW or any t4 special. Again, it's ~ 3k+ guaranteed crit.
    It's not 6 -7 k like good LW with blitzing dual Mornhs but hey, at least it's something to do :P
    I'm not sure what you mean by "guaranteed", it gives you +3 to crit range which is far from guaranteed. If you mean "guaranteed" when you use adrenaline overload then yes, but so is LW. MS does okay damage, but without adrenaline it's actually less damage than just swinging away since you lose so many attacks doing it. With adrenaline it's no more damage that LW with adrenaline, only LW does an AoE knockdown which is terrific CC for a melee toon. I used MS for awhile and never found it worth the slot. LW I get nice utility from. Depends on the quest though, I take out LW if I'm doing FoT where there really isn't anything I can trip anyway (I dump legendary tactics for same reason, and put in electric shield).

Community Member

Yes, with adrenaline only, it wouldn't be very useful without. Using it similarly to Smite evil clicky, but again, it's more for fun numbers than utility. LW, now I am not sure if either ECM, vertigo or stun would affect the DC, I just never found much use of it, don't want to be surrounded in the first place :P

For raids, grim precision, extra boost, reflex or imp PA.