Thread: Feats, dice etc

Community Member

Default Feats, dice etc

Hey all,

I am new to the game although I have played DnD before. What I wanted to ask if the character sheet is as customisable as the pen and paper game. Can I select my own feats at level 1, choose spells at character creation, customise ability scores, background etc?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Yes, you can select your own feats at level 1, choose spells at character creation, customise ability scores, alignment, background etc. You should select "customize path" for this.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Community Member

cool, thanks for the reply

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Just be sure to do your homework before trying to come up with your own build. There are a lot of very significant changes Turbine has made to the D&D ruleset over the last 7 years. It's easy to mess up your build if you try to bring over your PnP knowledge directly - or, in my case when I started playing, NWN 1&2 experience.

Also, be forewarned there's a pretty major overhaul to the Enhancement system in the works.

There are actually substantially MORE customization options than in many p&p games due to the enhancement and epic destiny systems, but all the standard 3.5 ones exist including:

Races
    Stats (point buy, you don't roll them)
    Skills (not as many as in P&P, but they're there and they play a substantial role in the game)
    Feats (many of them don't work they way they do in p&p though)
    Spells
    Multi-classing (although you can only have a total of 3 classes)
    I edited a book!

Thelanis player: Arekkeh, Kimberlei (heroic completionist), Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Terpsikhore