Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    In all honesty, the people saying EEs require full groups and all just don't have good enough characters or "skill" to bang out EEs...however, as EE does scale, I wouldn't want to bring in people who aren't worth the scaling they bring...but I don't like carrying anyone that isn't someone I know, and that's a different subject altogether (grouping to make things easier on something that'd already complete rather than grouping to complete).

And yes, this thread is pointless...I've seen nothing that indicates shiradi will be nerfed in the near future by much (the loss of damage is the biggest thing, and like I said, you can live without it) - it appears they're the ones that are mostly unaffected by changes.
    Nice - well, glad it's not just me noticing that Turbine DIDN'T totally destroy all sorcs and shiradi.

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    Nice - well, glad it's not just me noticing that Turbine DIDN'T totally destroy all sorcs and shiradi.
    They DID, however, make normal sorcs less powerful...which is the complete opposite of what was needed.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Community Member

Now, see, here is where I have to disagree.

You can have two trees now, with MORE sla's.

From my own limited playtesting, I see my sorc as more powerful; and really kinda wish I was playing the new system now. Kinda ruined the current game for me.

THANKS A LOT TURBINE. SO BRING IT ON, ALREADY.

Quote Originally Posted by maddong View Post
    (...)plus a situational theoretical 50 sp if you have already casted 10 spells of the same element and continue to cast at least one spell of the same element every six seconds (miss it once and the stack starts over, right?).
    No.

If you miss it once, the stack drops by 1 and reset the timer. If you build a stack of 10, you have 1 minutes of (diminishing) boosted spell power even if you do nothing during this time.

This only lead me to believe you didn't step on Lamma to test how this enhancement worked, since unlike some other enhancements (Elf's Grace, warchanter stuff), this one tell you how it works on description and is faithful to it.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink it."

I am sure there are other apt quotes for Adamkatt and others like him/her.
    Mongo like candy.
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Since the forums are still screwed up and I cant edit my origional post, what I meant by nerf is that from my understanding, Shiradi will no longer apply to spells in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Thame View Post
    Since the forums are still screwed up and I cant edit my origional post, what I meant by nerf is that from my understanding, Shiradi will no longer apply to spells in general.
    Where are you getting your information from? Considering that shiradi is supposed to be a druid AND ranger destiny, I highly doubt that's accurate.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    Now, see, here is where I have to disagree.

You can have two trees now, with MORE sla's.

From my own limited playtesting, I see my sorc as more powerful; and really kinda wish I was playing the new system now. Kinda ruined the current game for me.

THANKS A LOT TURBINE. SO BRING IT ON, ALREADY.
    So I play a human draconic incarnation sorcerer.

So basically I am the down right opposite of the WF shiradi sorcs running around.

This enhancement pass is taking away wand and scroll mastery from sorcerers. Really turbine? You're limiting the effectiveness of FLESHY sorcerers? That is so stupid, why would you weaken the "flavour" sorc builds.....I cannot count the number of times people have said to me that non-WF sorcs suck and that WF sorcs are so much better......so then for turbine to turn around and limit the effectiveness of FLESHY sorcs....that is one of the stupider things in the enhancement pass (right behind the protector tree).

I can live with lower crits, I admit sorcs were getting kind of out of hand damage wise for a while there.....and I still do great damage so I am happy.....but please please please turbine would you fix crit chance? I am critting a lot less since U18 and I didn't get a chance to test this on lammania.

On the elemental forms: meh. Just meh. These aren't anything special......you need to give them more of a benefit to make them worth it, also take away the penalties to ALL other spell types, just make it a bigger penalty to the opposite element.

That is all for now.
    Ckarlock, Dragonbloodz, Sorinsal. Argo Server, Guild: Bringers of Darkness.

Community Member

...once they nerf shiradi?
    Dance a jig, if they alse nerfed saves in the epic GH area.

They will nerf Shiradi for spell casters, remember reading it somewhere on the forums.
    Don't trust everything you read. You may want to find that source again.

We are not currently planning sweeping changes of any kind to Shiradi Champion.

(Double Rainbow of course continues to evolve.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Don't trust everything you read. You may want to find that source again.

(Double Rainbow of course continues to evolve.)
    THANK YOU!

As for you OP, grats on the massive faceplant. Lesson to all the drama queens running around these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by HotMaarl View Post
    THANK YOU!

As for you OP, grats on the massive faceplant. Lesson to all the drama queens running around these forums.
    Not to steal your thunder, but if they change spellpower and the crits, then yes, they are nerfing Shiradi.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    Not to steal your thunder, but if they change spellpower and the crits, then yes, they are nerfing Shiradi.
    MUCH less than they're nerfing standard sorcs.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

We are not currently planning[..]
    The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
    Gang aft a-gley,
    An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promised joy.

MUCH less than they're nerfing standard sorcs.

Much MORE actually.
    Shiradi sorcs rely a lot more on multiple spell power lines and force crit chance than any other sorc. Sorcs completly loose all that, but retain some spell power and crit chance of their main savant elemental... Which is what non-shiradi sorcs use.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    Much MORE actually.
    Shiradi sorcs rely a lot more on multiple spell power lines and force crit chance than any other sorc. Sorcs completly loose all that, but retain some spell power and crit chance of their main savant elemental... Which is what non-shiradi sorcs use.
    Honestly not seeing this as an issue, as I never went out of my way to max out any lines (or even get multiple lines high) on my sorc. Bumping multiple lines has always been a completely unnecessary investment.

Then again, that's just my perspective from how I played my sorc, and was doing quite awesome with that perspective. In all honesty, things like Spellcraft will mean my spell power in other lines would have been HIGHER.

Force lines not being there will hurt a bit, though...but honestly, I doubt it's all that bad...especially compared to how unhappy I was with my DI sorc on lam (but that was also a double-wammy due to being human).

2014 DDO Players Council

So are you planning sweeping changes of any kind to the various other caster-inspired destinies, to make them more competitive choices versus silly Shiradi spamming style?

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    So are you planning sweeping changes of any kind to the various other caster-inspired destinies, to make them more competitive choices versus silly Shiradi spamming style?
    Would take more along the lines of redesigning EE to make non-Shiradi better...DI is much better currently in EH content, after all.

Then again, I think a lot of EE concepts are pretty ill-conceived, either way (basically, the whole "let's make this hard by throwing on more zeroes!" notion that seems to embody EE design decisions).

Don't trust everything you read.
    Erm! But........ Wouldnt that mean......... Now you have given me a headache!

Would take more along the lines of redesigning EE to make non-Shiradi better...DI is much better currently in EH content, after all.

Then again, I think a lot of EE concepts are pretty ill-conceived, either way (basically, the whole "let's make this hard by throwing on more zeroes!" notion that seems to embody EE design decisions).
    And that's the issue . . . it's not the Shirdadi is OP, it's not, it's just that with the big bucket-of-stupid we've seen in the recent EE quests there aren't more viable caster options.

So Turbine . . . going forward are you going to leave the mob saves so retardedly high?
    Last edited by Teh_Troll; 07-10-2013 at 08:54 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast