Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What will you do with your Sorc...

...once they nerf shiradi?

same thing with all arcanes, mothball them till the balance of power shifts again. If shiradi is nerfed there will be no build where an arcane can contribute in an ee with the jacked up saves they have in the new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Thame View Post
    I see two basic options:

1: Try to build something that is at least feasible and fun, even if it's not as powerful.

B) Whine and complain and then ragequit like a 9 year old before even trying anything.

I'm thinking number 1 at least initially.

same thing that I am doing now. Play her. Seriously to think you have to be slinging that purple **** or your useless is a fallacy. Never converted mine to Shiradi and so am happy I won't have to swing it back.

Sure I don't always lead kill count in EE (some times I do but not all the time) like I do in Hard or Norm, but tossing my green death to hell and back I am maintaining VERY respectable and noticeable DPS. AmdI ROFLstomping the quests, nope but I am having fun and being VERY useful. I also carry Hage, GH, Blurr (all the standards) on tap and generally 2 to 3 CC options so even if evasion pops up it's damned annoying head I can help the party overcome the foe.

Now that said I am far more concerned with the drop in spell power / crit chance because that is going to make a HUGE difference potentially. With the way things are now you can generally expect to be doing about 60% damage on EE (less if evasion is in the mix for sure). If that drops substantially then honestly my Sorc is probably either going to have to be a buff-bot or TR into a Bard. Either case is a fate far worse that death so, yeah if I can't Lesser Res to fix it I'd mothball her.

I for one (and I mostly play arcanes) am happy to see Shiradi get the nerf bat. What I hope happens is once that settles out they will see that the "problem" they are trying to address was pretty specific to that build and not to the class as a whole and we will get some of these other nerfs mitigated.

Hell if they just gave you 2 or even 3 SP per sill point instead of 1 that might go a fair ways to fixing it.

Alternately they need to do though it cut down on the number of mobs that have evasion I swear that is seems just about everything that isn't undead or over 10 feet tall has evasion these days. I don't mind as much when my DPS is all or half because even half is pretty respectable but when it's all or nothing AND they have the crazy high saves making it more often nothing than not it seriously ruins a sorcs day. I don't mind the high reflex saves, but tossing them in with evasion every time you turn around isn't good quest design, it's lazy.

Same thing I do with mine now, play a real caster

I only used Shiradi as a stepping stone to FP accumulation. I tried it, and found it to be like farming HoRB for destiny xp, as boring as it was effective and I abandoned it quickly for something fun to play.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    same thing that I am doing now. Play her. Seriously to think you have to be slinging that purple **** or your useless is a fallacy. Never converted mine to Shiradi and so am happy I won't have to swing it back.

Sure I don't always lead kill count in EE (some times I do but not all the time) like I do in Hard or Norm, but tossing my green death to hell and back I am maintaining VERY respectable and noticeable DPS. AmdI ROFLstomping the quests, nope but I am having fun and being VERY useful. I also carry Hage, GH, Blurr (all the standards) on tap and generally 2 to 3 CC options so even if evasion pops up it's damned annoying head I can help the party overcome the foe.

Now that said I am far more concerned with the drop in spell power / crit chance because that is going to make a HUGE difference potentially. With the way things are now you can generally expect to be doing about 60% damage on EE (less if evasion is in the mix for sure). If that drops substantially then honestly my Sorc is probably either going to have to be a buff-bot or TR into a Bard. Either case is a fate far worse that death so, yeah if I can't Lesser Res to fix it I'd mothball her.

I for one (and I mostly play arcanes) am happy to see Shiradi get the nerf bat. What I hope happens is once that settles out they will see that the "problem" they are trying to address was pretty specific to that build and not to the class as a whole and we will get some of these other nerfs mitigated.

Hell if they just gave you 2 or even 3 SP per sill point instead of 1 that might go a fair ways to fixing it.

Alternately they need to do though it cut down on the number of mobs that have evasion I swear that is seems just about everything that isn't undead or over 10 feet tall has evasion these days. I don't mind as much when my DPS is all or half because even half is pretty respectable but when it's all or nothing AND they have the crazy high saves making it more often nothing than not it seriously ruins a sorcs day. I don't mind the high reflex saves, but tossing them in with evasion every time you turn around isn't good quest design, it's lazy.
    The thing with this is that on lam currently, and I say that because if the dev's have plans the earliest we know of them is lam at least as anything other than a rumor. Shiradi isn't nerfed but your standard sorc is because of spwr / crit nerfs sorcs are being hit with. This means the playstyle of a standard di / whatever you want to call it sorc is going to be hit hard, while shiradi sorcs that don't really rely on crits and only a little bit on spwr are coming out far far ahead in the enhancement pass.

i dont have a sorc, but as a wizard, ill do an only-wizzy party at marketplace, that we will give friendly advices to newcommers TRd wizzies (ex sorcs)
    Proud officer of The Balance, in Khyber
    Robopew / Kormah / Sokin / Dhona / Thendrik / Tightpants / Altab / Screamforme / Oohshift / Evermissing
    My trade list: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-My-Trade-List

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    The thing with this is that on lam currently, and I say that because if the dev's have plans the earliest we know of them is lam at least as anything other than a rumor. Shiradi isn't nerfed but your standard sorc is because of spwr / crit nerfs sorcs are being hit with. This means the playstyle of a standard di / whatever you want to call it sorc is going to be hit hard, while shiradi sorcs that don't really rely on crits and only a little bit on spwr are coming out far far ahead in the enhancement pass.
    They will nerf Shiradi for spell casters, remember reading it somewhere on the forums. (still looking atm). WHat I don't understand is why people think their sorcs will be useless without Shiradi. Myself and those in my guild have never made a shiradi sorc or wiz. But we run EE content all the time with our casters.
    So what you cant walk through it and FOD or firewall everything to death. It is the team effort and casters do plenty of DPS with the draconic and magister destinies.
    Ive built a 58 int first life wizard who can FOD EE content 75% of the time. Other times a simple cheap enervate and it happens. Can do CC also.
    My sorc is a 18/2 sorc paly using draconic destiny, the evade is a bit annoying and needs tuned down IMO but does fine 75% of the time. The bursts, dragons breath etc does massive damage. So because people will lose and easy button doesn't mean that casters are now gimp.

They will nerf Shiradi for spell casters, remember reading it somewhere on the forums. (still looking atm). WHat I don't understand is why people think their sorcs will be useless without Shiradi. Myself and those in my guild have never made a shiradi sorc or wiz. But we run EE content all the time with our casters.
    So what you cant walk through it and FOD or firewall everything to death. It is the team effort and casters do plenty of DPS with the draconic and magister destinies.
    Ive built a 58 int first life wizard who can FOD EE content 75% of the time. Other times a simple cheap enervate and it happens. Can do CC also.
    My sorc is a 18/2 sorc paly using draconic destiny, the evade is a bit annoying and needs tuned down IMO but does fine 75% of the time. The bursts, dragons breath etc does massive damage. So because people will lose and easy button doesn't mean that casters are now gimp.
    How many lives are on that sorc of yours? I have to ask because it sounds like we have two similarly built sorcs, the difference is first life with 8cha 2 instightful, so 2 short of max, and the evo focus feats I was seeing saves and evades 40-50% of the time. This was with an +2 evo item so yeah not top top gear but the difference shouldn't be that overwhelming and that's a big difference on what the two of us were getting. For the record I consider 50% failure to be a failure not worth the party spot, I wouldn't have wanted me in a party that way.
    Last edited by Charononus; 07-06-2013 at 11:28 PM. Reason: typo

Shiradi was already heavily nerfed in the past few updates. DPS wise, it already pales in comparison to LD or FOTW melee or monkchers. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    SMH

DO they itch that bad?
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

simple, TR to wizard!

the wizard stands to gain a lot from the new update. although the sorcerer is losing 50-90% of its spell power, the wizard is going to gain from spellcraft...

another answer could might be 'ill go back to actually playing an arcane as it should be played, and stop spammin 1 button'
    Proud officer of The Balance, in Khyber
    Robopew / Kormah / Sokin / Dhona / Thendrik / Tightpants / Altab / Screamforme / Oohshift / Evermissing
    My trade list: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-My-Trade-List

Quote Originally Posted by nikos1313 View Post
    another answer could might be 'ill go back to actually playing an arcane as it should be played, and stop spammin 1 button'
    who only spams one button? although tbh i would be very please already if some casters learned to press the haste button, even if they did nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by ishr View Post
    simple, TR to wizard!

the wizard stands to gain a lot from the new update. although the sorcerer is losing 50-90% of its spell power, the wizard is going to gain from spellcraft...
    90%?? sounds like a line of bs to me... you are saying a sorc that hits on a reg basis for 500 will be doing 50. Ill believe that when i see it...
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!

Community Member

who only spams one button? although tbh i would be very please already if some casters learned to press the haste button, even if they did nothing else.
    At one point, that's all most people wanted. And only one caster needed per raid!

Haste and Rage bots - ready to go on command.

It was stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post
    90%?? sounds like a line of bs to me... you are saying a sorc that hits on a reg basis for 500 will be doing 50. Ill believe that when i see it...
    this is assuming the bugs currently in beta make it to live. otherwise it will probably be closer to the order of 50%. numbers have been done at the MAIN SORCERER THREAD IN THE LAMANNIA FORUMS. they have also been field tested with plenty of screenies on lamannia.

why do you think people are so upset over the enhancements update? why do you think the OP made this thread? the sorcerer (intentionally or not) was nerfed so hard in beta that it will be ineffectual on launch unless changes are made. unfortunately the devs already stated that they will not be revisiting the sorcerer, so it looks like these changes are here to stay.

MAIN SORCERER THREAD IN THE LAMANNIA FORUMS
    Yelling about it does not make me believe you more than your last post.
    Outatime Exodus

Quote Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post
    Yelling about it does not make me believe you more than your last post.
    Why would you believe him, whether or not you would feel inclined, when he just told you EXACTLY where to go to check his statement?

See for yourself why I, for example, would feel like I'm being PUNISHED for TRing out of a Shiradi build (I would feel a bit angry about it, but at this point, I feel I'm best off playing something else instead for now, and only follow the forums to keep informed on what's actually happening with the enhancement pass/expansion).
    Last edited by WruntJunior; 07-07-2013 at 11:49 AM.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    Why would you believe him, whether or not you would feel inclined, when he just told you EXACTLY where to go to check his statement?

See for yourself why I, for example, would feel like I'm being PUNISHED for TRing out of a Shiradi build (I would feel a bit angry about it, but at this point, I feel I'm best off playing something else instead for now, and only follow the forums to keep informed on what's actually happening with the enhancement pass/expansion).
    "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink it."

I am sure there are other apt quotes for Adamkatt and others like him/her.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast