Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

I agree, the LFM is basically useless now. Sitting with an LFM up and getting no joiners for long periods of time is very disheartening. They might as well just make the game officially a single player game.

Quote Originally Posted by Seere View Post
    It's better because it gives you a beautiful sparkly trail to follow your entire career, so you do not get lost.

Also, you have only a few, non crucial choices to make about your toon, so all that frustrating rebuilding stuff doesn't happen later in life.

Great reply
    Happy now, you crush kobold dreams?

Stranger than Fiction on Argonnessen
    Tangere - Diroctive - Kendrio - Leucocyte - Merkadist - Perpetuate - Razorbot

Quote Originally Posted by DakDeFrosted View Post
    I agree, the LFM is basically useless now. Sitting with an LFM up and getting no joiners for long periods of time is very disheartening. They might as well just make the game officially a single player game.
    It's summer... get out there like the rest of us.
    There is a reason why there is no guild decay during the summer.

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

Community Member

Default What's wrong with the game?

1. Devs seem focused on immediately fixing bugs that inadvertently help customers and/or making proactive changes to "balance" the game (nerfing customers toons), all while ignoring 98.5% of the bugs that irritate the player base. Customers prefer bugs that effect them in a negative way are fixed first, then the irritating bugs next, after that the other bugs.

2. Devs make new content in the lvl 1-20 range (the new lvl 15 expansion). Customers want new lvl 25+ content. It is difficult to stay excited or even interested in a game that releases lvl 15 content as its "new expansion" and its level cap is 25. I have purchased the pack and have not even run the quests. Why wants to run lvl 15 quests? Nobody unless they are TR'ing and zerging.

3. Upcoming enhancement pass. Many longstanding customers have seen what is coming and are not excited. The promise of new PrE's that were missing from some classes turned into a nerf-fest. That does not excite the customer base.

4. Mention of ED XP potentially being lose upon TR in the future. This was a huge mistake releasing this statement. The only reason DDO customers spent days and weeks capping ED is because it was stated as "permanent", i.e.: something you would never lose. That hint that it may get taken away has crushed all my incentive to make/level/get ED XP on a new toon. Even my toons that are not fully ED capped now I'm reluctant to put any effort into capping ED beyond a few twist points to get raid essential twists. Why would you treat your customers this way is beyond me.

5. Turbine did a great job of recycling old content several times. 1st making old content epic. 2nd making TR possible. 3rd the slow release of new classes and races (making everyone run the old content yet again). Now they are thinking another shot with Epic TR, but that's not so exciting to the customer base. For vets its like....wow...the same content yet again over and over. For new players it means the grind needed to become "uber" is yet that much further away. The recycling should be put on the back burner and the main focus be on new content and maybe new classes/races. Content, classes, races...that's what most customers want, as opposed to a promise to have run the same content yet again 100's of times!

6. Devs have made a consistent shift and way too obvious concerted effort to inconvenience the customer in order to extract more dollars out of those long loyal paying customers. Customers just want content, they don't want to be nagged. Here's a brief list of just a few examples:

a. Introducing augments that take up inventory space yet fit in no existing bag. Releasing a bag for those augments in DDO store only. Why not just let the customer use old ingredient bags? Why must it be a customer nag factor money grab instead of actually providing value in the form of new content (which said customers would gladly pay for)? Customers don't want yet another bag (and nag), they want content.

b. Otto's box and Bigby's box. Instead of addressing the YEARS of complaints about a legend life XP curve with a change in mechanics, a paid for solution is introduced. I purchased a lot of boxes, and it was very convenient. I would of been a much happier customer if all that money I spent went toward new content and the XP curve for legend build was tweaked to be more TR friendly.

c. VIP 10% XP bonus. After many VIP's went premium, and bought most or all of the adventure packs, an XP imbalance such as this is introduced to nag people to move back to VIP. What a horrible customer experience after spending dollars on every single pack in the game! Horrible customer experience!

d. Premium or FTP not able to open hard or elite on a 1st lifer. Does this motivate customers to move to VIP? I doubt it. Does this irritate non VIP players? Yes, every single one. Does this encourage non VIP players to make new characters and hence spend more money on augments, bank space, bags, etc.? Nope, in fact it is the total opposite, it makes non VIP focus on one or two toons and constantly TR instead of making many toons. It is a very idiotic nag mechanic that has no purpose whatsoever except to nag the customer to upgrade to VIP. Customers don't like to be nagged.

In short, that's my two cents on where the game is today.
    RTFM on Khyber, Toy Soldiers.

Toy Soldiers PD Roll Builds Guild on Wayfinder.

Community Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    It's summer... get out there like the rest of us.
    There is a reason why there is no guild decay during the summer.
    It's also a globe of more than one season. Get out your grade school geography textbooks.
    There is a reason why they taught you these things.

Community Member

Lightbulb

What's wrong with the game?
    * epic gear is so concentrated because of neglecting to provide upgrades to existing epic items.
    * neglecting old raids and allowing them to just rot.
    * 18 months of really unimaginitive quests.
    * proposing to wipe all epic destiny xp for heroic tr'ing to force people to play their lame epic quests.
    * lately seem to have no idea how to create balanced classes or destinies.
    * iconics - really??
    * too much time spent on vanity/cosmetics
    * ladder bug still hasnt been looked at
    * in game bug reporting tool that is bugged forcing people to use the lame web version
    * gm's who can't escalate tickets into tech support on your behalf (it should be just as easy as a canned close)
    * hires that use cure light wounds, cure moderate wounds, then finally cast heal
    * uncertainty in direction of a mature game
    * half finished systems
    * a game design team who seemingly look at focus group surveys and look at which section of the player base will make them the most money, then try to come up with something cool that will fit. Rather than make the game awesome without all the numerous illogical bugs, knowing the customers will come because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by moo_cow View Post
    It is still faster to farm the same quests multiple times. If you hate tr's as much as I do, you want to spend as little time as possible on them :P.
    You've got it backwards. You don't run the same quests multiple times because you hate TRing...

You hate TRing because you run the same quests multiple times.

TRing for me is still very fun... But I run nearly every quest on elite. At this point, I'm down to 4 main characters... fighter/ranger/monk TWF, wizard, monk archer, and a FvS. I alternate TRing them (instead of TRing the same one over and over).

I'm been playing this game for 7 years, and TRing still doesn't get old, because each character plays so differently, and I hit every quest... There are some semi-new ones in the 13-20 range that I'm still not an expert on.

Now, I'm not saying I'm doing it right and you're doing it wrong...

But if you hate TRing, I'd say your method isn't working for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by moo_cow View Post
    There is a group of people who run quests once and move on but the group of people who farm the hell out of quests and tr every week is pretty large.
    Well, you can have fun for 4 weeks and TR hitting every quest, or you can be bored out of your skull for only 1 week, and then bored out of your skull for another week, and then bored out of your skull for yet another week, and then bored out of your skull for another week.

I know which one I'd pick.

Maybe it's too late for you, and it's impossible for you to have fun with a 4-week TR hitting all the quests...
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Thelanis by the way seems plenty busy... Ton of LFMs, and whenever I post one, it fills quickly (not always a full 6 players, but 3-4 people always join within 1-2 minutes and we're off)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Well, you can have fun for 4 weeks and TR hitting every quest, or you can be bored out of your skull for only 1 week, and then bored out of your skull for another week, and then bored out of your skull for yet another week, and then bored out of your skull for another week.
    It takes me about 2 weeks doing a TR that streaks almost everything and repeats almost nothing.

You don't have repeat much anymore at all even on a 36 point life.

You've got it backwards. You don't run the same quests multiple times because you hate TRing...

You hate TRing because you run the same quests multiple times.

TRing for me is still very fun... But I run nearly every quest on elite. At this point, I'm down to 4 main characters... fighter/ranger/monk TWF, wizard, monk archer, and a FvS. I alternate TRing them (instead of TRing the same one over and over).

I'm been playing this game for 7 years, and TRing still doesn't get old, because each character plays so differently, and I hit every quest... There are some semi-new ones in the 13-20 range that I'm still not an expert on.

Now, I'm not saying I'm doing it right and you're doing it wrong...

But if you hate TRing, I'd say your method isn't working for you.
    Wait wait....

It wasnt that long ago you were trying to call shenanigans on my posting that I was able to run double TRs elite once and done and get enough Xp to level to 20.

Im glad people are catching on to this.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

The Hatchery

Just came back from playing Neverwinter Online for half an hour.

Goddamn it sucked, compared to DDO.

Almost no ability to customize your character outside of cosmetic stuff. All abilities are autogrants.

A whopping five classes: Cleric, Mage, Rogue, Melee DPS, Tank.

No hotbars: just abilities that are automatically bound to LMB, RMB, 1 and 2, Q and E. You can put items on 3 thru 5.

A sparkly trail of dust that leads you to your objective. Also the tooltips in the tutorial where narrated, on the off-chance you were illiterate or something. Furthermore, you don't have to face your target to attack them: just click and your character will automatically face them.

All in all: generic MMO that insulted my intelligence. Uninstalled. If you enjoy then that's good for you [moron].

As for DDO: as far as MMOs go, it's above average and far higher quality than all the companies trying to make the next WoW. Turbine doesn't seem to be any more incompetent than any other MMO company.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Thelanis by the way seems plenty busy... Ton of LFMs, and whenever I post one, it fills quickly (not always a full 6 players, but 3-4 people always join within 1-2 minutes and we're off)
    I wish my 5 or 6 hour block of free time coincided with prime time too. Alas the other night at the not really all that late hour of 11PM EST there where 16 LFM's on Thelanis when I was on, 7 of these where 1 man LFM's 2 of them were bugged empty. Managed to spend most of my available time actually playing last night, despite that, piked a Litany of the Dead (everyone was piking it was a XP farm talk to dragon, F/O no flagging, not my favorite thing to do but this was on my Monk which I just want to get to 20 for a TR, as my Monk is one of the few Characters I have that actually REALLY needs the extra 4 build points (to qualify for stances). Still it's very hit or miss. Some nights I fall into a group and run until the wee hours some nights I watch a movie and check the LFM's occasionally, go "meh" and go back to the movie.

Default Nice Try

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    I've noticed a distinct increase in activity on Argo in the past 2 weeks or so. Full LFM's for all level ranges. Most of which had 4-6 people in them.
    Every LFM I've posted for anything has filled in 10 minutes or less, this includes unguilded and unfriended brand new alts I've told no one about, my TR that's at level 16, and my all of my capped toons (2 at 25, 1 at 21).

I've also seen in the past few weeks

At least 2 Shroud a day
    At least 3-5 FOT a day
    At least 3-5 CITW a day
    At least 3 VOD a week
    At least 2 HoX a week
    1-2 TODs a week
    SO MANY TITAN RUNS! (Seriously, I know of at least 40ish runs in the last 3 weeks alone.)
    At least 2 EADQ
    At least 5-10 VON a week

And these are just the raids I've seen while I'm online.
    I've also noticed my friends list has an average of 20-30 people online at any given time.
    11-12 people in Guild on at any given time.

So I know Argo is picking back up from it's pretty small drop last month.
    No one is falling for your scheme! Ghallanda, however, has full LFMs, everyone passes raid loot freely, and the last time we had drama was when 2 players argued over who got to give a gentle friendly backrub after letting the other player pike during a FoT raid, which completes in 4 minutes on EE each time... this is completely objective everyone!

Sincerely,

Llewndyn
    Ghallanda Travel Agency
    Ghallanda - LLEWNDYN 27 Necro Wiz (completionist) + other random uncared for players - Blackmoor Defenders
    Thelanis - Llewndyn (FVS), Brickadoom Jenkins (barb/ ftr)
    Quote Originally Posted by jandhaer View Post
    Nerf Happiness

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Llewndyn View Post
    No one is falling for your scheme! Ghallanda, however, has full LFMs, everyone passes raid loot freely, and the last time we had drama was when 2 players argued over who got to give a gentle friendly backrub after letting the other player pike during a FoT raid, which completes in 4 minutes on EE each time... this is completely objective everyone!

Sincerely,

Llewndyn
    Ghallanda Travel Agency
    I was in that raid. I pulled a footspa from the end chest. It's awesome.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    Just came back from playing Neverwinter Online for half an hour.

Goddamn it sucked, compared to DDO.

As for DDO: as far as MMOs go, it's above average and far higher quality than all the companies trying to make the next WoW. Turbine doesn't seem to be any more incompetent than any other MMO company.
    I would agree, with over 20 years of "online multiplayer" gaming hobby under my belt. Checking out other games is something a lot of people who hold up the ladder bug as the holy grail of proof that Turbine is incompetent, could stand to do so they gain some perspective.

Community Member

For me its the lack of people so as a result I log on less and less. I put up my own LFMs but when you have to wait ages for even one person to join I just log off and go play another game like Eve where there are always 40K plus people online. I like questing with people so I'm not really interesting in soloing content. If there are no people to quest with, then there is no reason to play.

I will admit I am less inclined to play my TRs right now because why go thru the heavy grind now when they are gonna slash the XP requirements with the enhancement pass? I also find the Bigby's cash grab rather crass, let's milk people for one more wave of cash before we slash the xp requirements. The death of a game is never one thing or even a list of things. It's a collective feeling that players get where they are less and less inclined to log on until they simply stop coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    I would agree, with over 20 years of "online multiplayer" gaming hobby under my belt. Checking out other games is something a lot of people who hold up the ladder bug as the holy grail of proof that Turbine is incompetent, could stand to do so they gain some perspective.
    Being the least incompetent between incompetents doesn't make you competent

I have to agree that other MMOs are quite meh though..Tried NWO for like 1 hour before getting bored: it's so easy and simple that even a brain dead person could play it.

Turbine got the basics for a great game, if they could just fix some bugs, stop "Crucibling" things and stop their p2w trend DDO would be even better
    Cannith: Hazrael--Nyal--Thalax

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Llewndyn View Post

Sincerely,

Llewndyn
    Ghallanda Travel Agency
    Shenanigans!
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    The Devs have already tried a form of what you're asking for...A PAID Form of course:
    The MotU Expansion came with a number of OLDER packs as a Bonus.

Of course - MOST of the People who bought that Expansion {Myself incl.} were either ALREADY VIP AND/OR Had ALREADY Bought Most or all of those Packs!

EVERY TIME this point comes up on these forums {usually in threads about Threnal/3 Barrel Cove and Restless Isles} It gets attacked by people saying that "They've already paid for it so Newbies should too".

I've already Bought {on more than one account} EVERY Low and Mid Lvl + some to Most High Lvl content...
    I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUES With that Low Lvl Content being made Free to Newer Players.

In fact I've suggested on multiple occasions on these forums...That 3 Barrel Cove {a pack I adore!} be merged with Vet 1 Status and made the Default Starter Zone for Vet 1s and TRs.
    I've also asked for TR1s to be allowed to start at Lvl 4 and TR2+ at Lvl 7 {Less TR Only LFMs in the Harbour - Ringleader is the worst low lvl quest for this!}.
    ACTUALLY I've even recently {yesterday} seen TR only LFMs in KORTHOS for crying out loud!

BUT The Devs seem to be going off in a different direction unfortunately...
    GET EVERYONE TO LVL 15 ASAP AND WHO CARES ABOUT Low Level quests eh?

Well Devs...I for one DO CARE!
    I care as well. And I Heartily Endorse This Event Or Product...I mean, I think opening up some P2P content to be free is a great idea.

I'm premium. I've farmed TP and bought TP, and I now own all adventure packs. I already bought the next expansion. And I would not begrudge F2P players getting access to the content I've paid for.

I'd particularly like to see Catacombs and Sharn Syndicate opened up. I love to run these quests at level but it can be tricky to find a group (I don't like solo play). I also adore Sorrowdusk, and I think Restless Isles would be a good mid-level pack to open up (hard to find groups, not much love for it anyway).

Edit: I only stay for my guild. Should my guildies leave, I'm gone. I also play Eve Online. Many of the players are obnoxious, but the character development is even more complex than DDO and the game WORKS. It just works. We recently had an issue where one of the tutorial quests was broken and it was noticed on the Friday of a three day weekend (national holiday in Iceland). Staff announced on the forums they knew of the problem. People who got stuck had it completed for them by in game support over the three day weekend (turnaround time of minutes). When programming staff came back to work it was fixed the same day they returned.
    Last edited by eachna_gislin; 07-12-2013 at 01:04 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast