Community Member akiraproject24's Avatar

Default Removing spider cult mask graphic?

Havent been on here in a while. I'd like to start with....this new forum setup sucks compared to the old one.

I cant make my headgear look like it normally does (blue helm) even after log out and log in my characters are STUCK with the graphic.
    Is there some way to remove the visible portion of this thing while maintaining the benefits (like it was a few months ago)?
    ThwartedFhalhaenaWrekkinWrexxMaisterThwarteddHematemesisRhayzedOffensiveReduction
    Pimpin toons since 2006

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by akiraproject24 View Post
    Havent been on here in a while. I'd like to start with....this new forum setup sucks compared to the old one.

I cant make my headgear look like it normally does (blue helm) even after log out and log in my characters are STUCK with the graphic.
    Is there some way to remove the visible portion of this thing while maintaining the benefits (like it was a few months ago)?
    Put some other helm on.

Several items changed in function with the release of U18. The spider mask was changed to a single-use clickie; just equip and click it. You may then swap to some other cosmetic head gear (like goggles) or simply leave it on and cycle through the head display options to make it disappear.

If it's stuck in "display on" mode instead of your helmet even after you cycle through the options, temporarily move it to your bank space, log out and back in, retrieve it, equip, click and then cycle through the display options . That will usually fix the problem.

Best of luck.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Community Member akiraproject24's Avatar

Thanks guys... Ill give it a try
    ThwartedFhalhaenaWrekkinWrexxMaisterThwarteddHematemesisRhayzedOffensiveReduction
    Pimpin toons since 2006

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    Several items changed in function with the release of U18. The spider mask was changed to a single-use clickie; just equip and click it. You may then swap to some other cosmetic head gear (like goggles) or simply leave it on and cycle through the head display options to make it disappear.

If it's stuck in "display on" mode instead of your helmet even after you cycle through the options, temporarily move it to your bank space, log out and back in, retrieve it, equip, click and then cycle through the display options . That will usually fix the problem.

Best of luck.
    Yes, isn't it wonderful the lengths you have to go to to simply get the same display that you had before they changed the spider mask?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Yes, isn't it wonderful the lengths you have to go to to simply get the same display that you had before they changed the spider mask?
    before it was a clicky that required you to have /helm on when click in order to get the buff, which automatically made you have it displayed with no way to show your original helm and keep the buff, if your cycled through the /helm options, you lost the buff the clicky gave until you had /helm on and clicked it again.

now its a cosmetic item with a clicky ability, you can equip it, click the ability to get the buff then remove it from the cosmetic item slot. Which makes you display your equipped helm and keep the buff. If you dont want the mask showing just remove it from the cosmetic slot, its not really a 'length' compared to how it was before.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post
    before it was a clicky that required you to have /helm on when click in order to get the buff, which automatically made you have it displayed with no way to show your original helm and keep the buff, if your cycled through the /helm options, you lost the buff the clicky gave until you had /helm on and clicked it again.

now its a cosmetic item with a clicky ability, you can equip it, click the ability to get the buff then remove it from the cosmetic item slot. Which makes you display your equipped helm and keep the buff. If you dont want the mask showing just remove it from the cosmetic slot, its not really a 'length' compared to how it was before.
    Before you could also display no helm/mask at all and still have the buff. I would just be happy if they'd get around to fixing it so it remembered my display choice instead of always defaulting to on when I first log in.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    I would just be happy if they'd get around to fixing it so it remembered my display choice instead of always defaulting to on when I first log in.
    THIS! With INTEREST!

+1