Community Member

Default Getting thrown out of dungeon after 1 minute disconnection

I noticed that if i get disconnected the 2nd time and i come back even within 1 minute or less, i get automatically thrown out of the dungeon.

This constantly happens to me in a number of quests, and in a number of boss fights. Anyone else having problems with this and know if it part of the mechanics of DDO to really do this or is it a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by supott View Post
    I noticed that if i get disconnected the 2nd time and i come back even within 1 minute or less, i get automatically thrown out of the dungeon.

This constantly happens to me in a number of quests, and in a number of boss fights. Anyone else having problems with this and know if it part of the mechanics of DDO to really do this or is it a bug?
    Um are you getting booted from the party?

If its not impatient party leaders then its a bug of some sort, i havent dced twice in the middle of a quest for a while but I remember in the past not getting thrown out of a dungeon when it did happen.

Community Member

thanks for the reply,

nope, not booted.. just soloing.. i usually do devil assault farming and its the 2nd time i get disconnected at the last boss. The first time, latency hit me and then i died. Used a spirit cake only to be disconnected again. When i log in - i'm out of the dungeon.

Devil Assault has a failure condition and I don't think it lists it. You must have a party member (dead or alive) present in the room at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlugger View Post
    Devil Assault has a failure condition and I don't think it lists it. You must have a party member (dead or alive) present in the room at all times.
    oh yeah devil assault can you bypass this problem by having a hire in the party even if that too is dead?

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    oh yeah devil assault can you bypass this problem by having a hire in the party even if that too is dead?
    No, whenever you disconnect your hireling disappears until you return.