Community Member

Default Past Life Stacking?

I've been looking at the Past Life: Student Of Artifice feat because I'm planning on TRing my artificer into a new artificer at some point, to take advantage of the increased stats and to change the race to human (as I tend to enjoy playing them more from an aesthetic point of view).

The big question is, with the retain essence feat gained at level 5, do these values stack? assuming you have a +5 intelligence modifer at level 5, that'd give you a base number of 10% for Retain essence; would this feat make it go up to 25%, or would it still count as just 15%, overlapping rather than stacking?

Quote Originally Posted by Halia View Post
    I've been looking at the Past Life: Student Of Artifice feat because I'm planning on TRing my artificer into a new artificer at some point, to take advantage of the increased stats and to change the race to human (as I tend to enjoy playing them more from an aesthetic point of view).

The big question is, with the retain essence feat gained at level 5, do these values stack? assuming you have a +5 intelligence modifer at level 5, that'd give you a base number of 10% for Retain essence; would this feat make it go up to 25%, or would it still count as just 15%, overlapping rather than stacking?
    Did you ever figure this out? Going to TR into an Arti for the 3rd time. Just wondering if you figured out what you were asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakuda13 View Post
    Did you ever figure this out? Going to TR into an Arti for the 3rd time. Just wondering if you figured out what you were asking.

it should stack but, I haven't tested it never really use anything that could retain an essence

Whenever an Artificer uses a rod, staff, or wand, the character has a chance to not expend a charge. The percentage chance is equal to (Artificer Level)/2 + Int Modifier + Enhancement Modifier + Effect Modifier.

yep don't carry a single rod, staff, or wand
    Last edited by Tanngiostr; 09-06-2013 at 09:47 AM.