Thread: ddo / greyhawk

Default ddo / greyhawk

i wonder if this has already been brought up, but is it not odd that the ottos box and the bigby handy box are names from the greyhawk campaign?

same with murlynd's spoon and keoghtom's ointment.

and why do the taverns in eveningstar and wheloon still have eberron spirits/oils? in terms of gameplay, i understand why they sell warforged tonics, but warforged are supposed to be rare in faerun.

Warforged should be more than rare in Faerun, They should be darn-near non-existent. The only WF that should be there, in fact, are the ones from this here DDO game, and the random few that may have found their way there through Spelljamming or Planescaping.

One of the many reasons FR > Eberron. No droids.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

Community Member

Here's one Warforged who wanders round the Kings Forest wishing he'd have been made in the Forgotten Realms out of those strong giant oak trees.
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Community Member

Here's one Warforged who wanders round the Kings Forest wishing he'd have been made in the Forgotten Realms out of those strong giant oak trees.
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Quote Originally Posted by Graskitch View Post
    i wonder if this has already been brought up, but is it not odd that the ottos box and the bigby handy box are names from the greyhawk campaign?

same with murlynd's spoon and keoghtom's ointment.

and why do the taverns in eveningstar and wheloon still have eberron spirits/oils? in terms of gameplay, i understand why they sell warforged tonics, but warforged are supposed to be rare in faerun.

Bigby and other famous mages meet up with like minds and trade spells. Both Bigby and Mordenkainen have had a presence spell-wise in the Forgotten Realms for a while now. As for Warforged based in the Forgotten Realms, perhaps a wizard did it...there have been similar constructs made before. One common notion is that Thayvians create their own Warforged.

Quote Originally Posted by mithiirym View Post
    Bigby and other famous mages meet up with like minds and trade spells. Both Bigby and Mordenkainen have had a presence spell-wise in the Forgotten Realms for a while now. As for Warforged based in the Forgotten Realms, perhaps a wizard did it...there have been similar constructs made before. One common notion is that Thayvians create their own Warforged.
    Thay is a Long way from Cormyr!

Halruaa {the obvious starting point for Warforged in the Realms} is even further off {much further off}!

Dragon magazine has for many years had semi-regular Elminster, Dalamar, Mordenkainen Meet ups written by I believe Ed Greenwood!

Spelljammer and then Planescape's arrivals in the 80s and 90s standardised the rules that Oerth, Toril and Krynn are LINKED!

Athas {Dark Sun} was originally said to have no contact whatsoever with the Planes {Like Eberron it had it's own Other Planes}.
    It did have a way into Ravenloft - Ancient Kalidnay {But The problem was NEVER getting INTO the Demi-Plane of Dread was it?}

I still don't understand WHY Turbine seem reluctant to Bring Spelljammers into DDO!
    Airships as shown in DDO are simply Spelljammers in Disguise after all...
    AND Halruaa would have been a PERFECT Starter Zone for moving into the Realms with it's High Magic and Technology being similar to Eberron {A LONG Way away from the likes of Elminster and Drizz't too} and would have allowed for moving into Dragonlance {If we ignore latter changes to that world} and Greyhawk + many other worlds via Spelljammer!