Community Member

Default Level 15 Eveningstar quests

What are Turbine's plans regarding the fact that you have to run level 16 quests in order to get to the new level 15 quests in Eveningstar? This seems like a serious oversight. Are there any plans to fix this?

Community Member

Not bug. Feature

Community Member

Threnal's had this problem for a lot longer and hasn't been fixed, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say it'll be fixed the day after DDO shuts down for good.

Call me crazy, but I don't think this game was designed to be methodically run a level at a time, comparing against the quest list.

You can run them out of order. You can wait until you finish the first chain. You can even *gasp* run the first chain on casual or normal if you have to, if you want to get to those quests.

It's not that big of a deal.

Quomodo cecidisti de cælo, Lucifer, qui mane oriebaris. corruisti in terram, qui vulnerabas gentes.
    Qui dicebas in corde tuo: In cælum conscendam, super astra Dei exaltabo solium meum.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugdonkey View Post
    What are Turbine's plans regarding the fact that you have to run level 16 quests in order to get to the new level 15 quests in Eveningstar? This seems like a serious oversight. Are there any plans to fix this?
    These quests are intended as a starting point for the Iconic classes (lvl 15) that will start out in Eveningstar once the expansion hits.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    These quests are intended as a starting point for the Iconic classes (lvl 15) that will start out in Eveningstar once the expansion hits.
    This, I'm sure. Also, for TRs, you can use your Eveningstar key to port to ES before you can run Lords of Dust.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PLUGintoTHEpowerLINE View Post
    Call me crazy, but I don't think this game was designed to be methodically run a level at a time, comparing against the quest list.

You can run them out of order. You can wait until you finish the first chain. You can even *gasp* run the first chain on casual or normal if you have to, if you want to get to those quests.

It's not that big of a deal.
    Agreed.

Besides, once you earn 125 Purple Dragon Knight favor you receive a key that lets you teleport to Eveningstar. You keep that key when you TR, so on subsequent lives you can run those quests without having to run the level 16 harbor quests first.

And they also felt harder (elite at level at least) than the level 16 chain needed to get to the FR. Sure we blew through it in the group full of over-geared TRs . . . but it did seem like they could be 16s without the world breaking.
    Last edited by Teh_Troll; 07-05-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Lamannia currently shows a half finished "transport to eveningstar" and "transport to Eberron" buttons on character selection.
    Currently only available on Lamannia for Bladeforged.

I don't know what their exact plan is, but it does look like they're working on it.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Community Member

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Fugdonkey View Post
    The real question is why were the quests so awful that hardly anyone I know has bothered to complete 2, let alone all 3 of the quests. 1st one is passable at least.

Quote Originally Posted by kwyjibo_lol View Post
    The real question is why were the quests so awful that hardly anyone I know has bothered to complete 2, let alone all 3 of the quests. 1st one is passable at least.
    I finished all three. None of them are passable, though at least the xp isn't as horrible as the original values. Worth running once at level at least. On a TR who'll have a need for so much xp that even these quests are a break from the slog.

Turbine fired the guys who made their good content obviously. Look at Druid's Deep. Same issues as this one, shallow, uninteresting slogs through linear, uninteresting paths fighting one generic group of mobs after another. Bring back the guys who made Harbringer, or Shavarath, or Gianthold!
    It was the night before Hogswatch....

Optimus Prime/Grimlock 2016 Because in diplomacy, sending in the Dinobots is the only answer.

Quote Originally Posted by kwyjibo_lol View Post
    I really enjoyed the third one, actually. Quick, simple, and great sound and graphic design.

I found the first one far too long, and with too much of the same thing. Also, mephits. For no reason other than to have mephits. I swear, there is a producer somewhere who gets a royalty every time a mephit spawns in game.
    -"Hey, we have this new quest where this shadow cult is..."
    -"Are there mephits?"
    -"No, these are worshippers of the God of Shadow and..."
    -"MEPHITS."
    -"Yes, boss."

The second one was alright, I like the swarms you get right at the beginning, but the "Kill all creatures, then you can break the door" mechanic for the rest of it is overused. Still, nice to see new mob types.