The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Default Live vs. Lammania: Wakut Mindfilleter Edition

Hey guys finally got around to copying my Wizard12/Fighter6/Rogue2 "Arcane Tank" and here's the comparison.

Lammania

Str 38
    Dex 30
    Con 38
    Int 17
    Wis 9
    Cha 13

HP 758/744
    SP 993
    AC 78
    Fort 41
    Reflex 34
    Will 24
    Fort 209%
    PRR 48

Spellpower: Neg 91, Cold 76

Death Aura 24-26ish
    Double Strike 8%

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Live

Str 38
    Dex 29
    Con 31
    Int 19
    Wis 9
    Cha 13

HP 545/531
    SP 1064
    AC 64
    Fort 32
    Reflex 32
    Will 22
    Fort 200%
    PRR 43

Spell Power: Neg 118, Cold 138

Death Aura 28 - 32

So overall everything seems to have improved higher hp, higher saves, etc. but unfortunately both my cold and neg spellpower tanked and I'm guessing the same has happened to pretty much any spellcasters...sure this is only because I have no points in Spellcraft but why do this...why not increase the amount of Spellpower Trees grant instead of forcing people to have to cram in an extra skill be it Heal, Repair or Spellpower...for example my current skills are Concentration, Intimidate and UMD (with a few points in Balance and OL from rogue levels) I have no room for this.

Either combine Spellcraft with concentration (all spellcasters have this skill) or remove it entirely and increase the spellpower people get from from enhancements. Skillpoints are a VERY limited resource for ALOT of people.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 07-05-2013 at 07:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

The Spellcraft skill is the the worst thing to happen to DDO since the removal of the Sorcerer (reffering to the Enhancement changes) in Update 19.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member

Since I really have no idea how exactly are you fighting, what are you using the 6 fighter or 2 rogue for. I'll assume the rogue is for trap skills or UMD (2nd seems more like it).

If you replace 6 fighter with 6 monk; the shintaos have an enhancement which .. let me quote

Ki Shout: Cost: 15 Ki
    Cooldown: 15 seconds
    Intimidates nearby enemies, encouraging them to attack you. This ability uses your Concentration skill, and shares a cooldown with the Intimidate skill.

This way you can use the spare skill points for .. well spellcraft for example (since you'll already have a nice concentration).

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Well the 12/6/2 is of course based on live it's a Palemaster Tier 2/Stalwart Defender Tier 1/Rogue 2 for OL, UMD and Evasion (OL only because on the 2 rogue levels I had extra points) it uses a D-Axe ans Shield and wear light armor its main stats are Str -> Con -> Dex the other stats are largely irrelevant. On live this makes for a highly survivable front-line defender and fairly potent cold-based spellcaster (no save/spell pen for the win)

That said I know there will be far more optimal ways to make this particular build post Enhancement past the idea was to compare the changes on an existing build with the main point is the server drop in spell power. Not to mention the fact that Neg Energy is boosted by Heal which is a cross class skill for all 3 classes.

Note: Ki Shout is a really nice ability
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 07-06-2013 at 09:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.