Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default The Complete List of Buffs in the Enhancement Pass Thread

Someone suggested it, so I figured eh, why not right? There's no point in not getting a complete picture at any rate. If anyone has any to add, I'll be happy to stick them in here.

1) Numerous classes are getting new Prestige lines: Artificer (Arcanotechnician), Barbarian (Occult Slayer, Ravager), Cleric (Divine Disciple, Protector), Favoured Soul (Protector), and Monk (Henshin Mystic). This presents new, never before seen multi-class opportunities, even if old ones need to be tweaked.

2) Many casters that didn't get SLAs before get them now.

3) Some classes had Wand/Scroll Mastery and Wand Heightening folded into a single Enhancement rather than keeping them separate. Others still have them as two different enhancements, which is unfortunate, but it should be petitioned to be changed for consistency.

4) Many enhancement lines (Like Improved Maximize) now cost only 6 points to cap out rather than the original 10, freeing up AP for other choices.

5) Plenty of new enhancements for melee to give them something to do other than auto-attack, and other neat toys for casters to tailor their performance to a given situation.

More positives from other posters:

Quote Originally Posted by 350zguy View Post
    No more feat requirements... You can be an AM/PM at various splits. Easy to get arcane archer now!

Monks get 30% bonus to stun damage in the Ninja line.
    Monks gain poison on hit ninja line.
    Humans can cast Greater Heroism natively.
    PMs gain about 10 neg spell power.
    Auto grant all the grandmaster feats for monk stances.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdinus7 View Post
    As to some buffs, weapon using monks gain large buffs.

Quarterstaff monks, kama monks, and short sword monks get nice bonuses to criticals.

The tempest ranger capstone significantly increases their rate of attack with their off-hand.
    Pure Wizzy:
    86 --> 174+
    220 --> 208-
    148 --> 196+
    208 --> 196-
    126 --> 174+
    86 --> 174+
    198 --> 217+
    86 --> 158+
    86 --> 174+
    126 -->151+
    -----------
    1370 --> 1822
    Live --> Lam

HUGE boost to overall spell power. Same gear.... PM, with SLAs I never had. Yes I lost 12 to cold, and 12 to fire. However I gained 19 to neg, and LOTS across the board. My lightning hits better, my SLA kinetics hit way harder, less total itemization, more damage options.

BTW this is with a 0 spellcraft. So if I were to invest 12 points... I would be ahead by ever more...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hajutze View Post
    ... All that negativism. There is some good stuff. For example:

Shuriken users:
    - ninja spy tree gives a shuriken expertise like effect - so if you have 30 dex you get the 30% chance to throw another shuriken 2 times (so you can throw up to 3 per strike)
    - excellent poison damage (again ninja spy)
    - a lot of extra sneak attack damage (4 dices from ninja spy and 3 more from halfling)
    - ninja spy gives a free crippling strike
    - +1 threat range from halfling

You can sneak 50% faster (with ranger, monk or rogue) so you're sneak speed goes from 50 up to 75%. With the new mechanics I was able to literally walk circles around the monsters from a lv18 quest with no equipment whatsoever and relying only on my hide/walk silently skills (from dex + points + enhancements).

Deepwood sniper has a lv6 ability/clicky attack which after a hit (there are 2 possible choices a melee and a ranged attack) makes the target bluffed for 4s (with a CD 6s) WITHOUT A NEED FOR A BLUFF SKILL AND NO SAVES INVOLVED. You get extra PBS range and max Archer focus stacks (up to 25).

For DEX build lovers - lv3 rogue gives you DEX to DMG/ATK for staves, daggers, kukri and if you have weapon finesse - for every melee weapon which uses your dex for attack modofier. 3 monk gives you DEX to DMG/ATK for slash/pierce weapons you are centered with (shurikens too). Halfling gives DEX to DMG/ATK for shurikens. Deepwood sniper and Tempest have DEX to DMG/ATK as well

=================================
    =================================

And if you want something a bit more broken - Fighters can run around in Great Axe, centered and with full monk stances even with 1 level of monk.

1 monk shintao gives you a defensive stance (for 6 AP) which gives 35 PRR, 5% dodge, 75% TGen and -40% offhand attack chance. 2 more AP and you get an intimidate ability which uses concentration instead. A 2nd level of monk and 3 more AP gives you 15 more PRR
    Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    Shintao Monks (i.e. light monks) get pos. en. spellpower.

PMs get a pet that grows stronger with wizard levels.

Barbarians have a PrE tree that increases their survivability.
    Last edited by Danemoth; 07-06-2013 at 02:55 PM.

8. Less lag with less people playing.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    8. Less lag with less people playing.
    I've been around the block enough times in many different MMOs to think that all this doom and gloom is blown way out of proportion, especially considering the forums are such a minority of the actual game population I can't understand why anyone would take it seriously as a sample size that's representative of the DDO player base as a whole.

i don't understand how getting +5 hp every 5 levels instead of the automatic 20 hp granted at level 1 is a buff and how it replaces Toughness feat. every class still gets the 20 hp from HD, its just spread out instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    i don't understand how getting +5 hp every 5 levels instead of the automatic 20 hp granted at level 1 is a buff
    I think you're misinformed. You're still getting +20 from Heroic Durability last I checked, since my dwarven wizard had more than 9 HP when I first popped onto the veteran airship.

Community Member

No more feat requirements... You can be an AM/PM at various splits. Easy to get arcane archer now!

Monks get 30% bonus to stun damage in the Ninja line.
    Monks gain poison on hit ninja line.
    Humans can cast Greater Heroism natively.
    Auto grant all the grandmaster feats for monk stances.

Just those "BONUSES" make a HUGE difference in + power to my two mains. (A pm, and a dark monk.)

Quote Originally Posted by Danemoth View Post
    Someone suggested it, so I figured eh, why not right? There's no point in not getting a complete picture at any rate. If anyone has any to add, I'll be happy to stick them in here.

1) While many classes are losing Racial and Class Toughness feats, Improved Heroic Durability is granting +5 HP every 5 levels, a net benefit for classes that never got Toughness enhancements, thus freeing up AP across the board and potentially a feat slot for already feat starved characters. A net buff for many classes that didn't have toughness enhancements before or who couldn't afford the Toughness Feat.
    all classes could afford the feat unless they just didn't care and all combo's could get 20hp in toughness enhancments so no not a buff.

3) Numerous classes are getting new Prestige lines: Artificer (Arcanotechnician),
    gimp tree as you won't have the dc's for it to matter
    Cleric (Divine Disciple, Protector), Favoured Soul (Protector),
    protector is garbage that is completely gimped

7) Plenty of new enhancements for melee to give them something to do other than auto-attack, and other neat toys for casters to tailor their performance to a given situation.
    Those 6 sec buffs once you factor in activation time and animations ext have the potential to actually reduce dps. Not all of them but a significant portion of them.

you do realize though that you lost a bunch of crit unless you take the three mental toughness lines, so your overall damage is going to go down unless you take three more feats that most wouldn't take anyways. It's the definition of a nerf.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    i don't understand how getting +5 hp every 5 levels instead of the automatic 20 hp granted at level 1 is a buff and how it replaces Toughness feat. every class still gets the 20 hp from HD, its just spread out instead.
    You get 25 HP at level 1 from Heroic Durability in the new enhancements, not 20 HP.

It's then +5 HP per 5 class levels from Improved Heroic Durability which is stupid, when it should clearly be +5 HP per 5 character levels. So a 20 Wizard gets +20 HP, but a 4 Fighter / 4 Paladin / 12 Ranger gets +10HP ..... just wrong.

Make it +5 HP per 5 character levels and you have a simple improvement, as it is now, it makes no sense.

EDIT: It still doesn't make up for the Toughness nerf though

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    all classes could afford the feat unless they just didn't care and all combo's could get 20hp in toughness enhancments so no not a buff.
    Heroic Durability increased to +25 HP at level 1 and you get a rank of Improved Heroic Durability every 5 levels you take in a single class. Sounds like unless you're heavily multi-classing and missing out on that HP every 5 levels, you're still going to get 20 HP on top of whatever HP enhancements some classes have retained on top of some racial enhancements retaining their HP enhancements.

Does it hurt multi-classing? Yeah, but they get so much more out of multi-classing than what 20 HP would ever do for you.

Heroic Durability increased to +25 HP at level 1 and you get a rank of Improved Heroic Durability every 5 levels you take in a single class. Sounds like unless you're heavily multi-classing and missing out on that HP every 5 levels, you're still going to get 20 HP on top of whatever HP enhancements some classes have retained on top of some racial enhancements retaining their HP enhancements.

Does it hurt multi-classing? Yeah, but they get so much more out of multi-classing than what 20 HP would ever do for you.
    That at best means that it buffs none and hurts some that used to heavily invest in it. Please show me a non gimp build that benefits.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

you get a rank of Improved Heroic Durability every 5 levels you take in a single class. Sounds like unless you're heavily multi-classing and missing out on that HP every 5 levels, you're still going to get 20 HP
    What you mean is that if you only multi-class in multiples of 5 then you will still get 20 HP, anything else and you won't.

you do realize though that you lost a bunch of crit unless you take the three mental toughness lines
    Currently, Palemasters get +3% Negative Energy crit at levels 6, 12, and 18, granting a +9% crit.

The current tree shows that I can get 2% Negative Energy crit 4 times, netting me a total of +8% crit.

And IIRC, Magical Training (+5% crit) and Mental Toughness (+1% crit per feat) were changed to grant crit because of these spell crit changes.

Even if you ignore the changes to those feats, 1% crit is not "a bunch of crit". It's getting really old that people keep saying "you lose this" or "they took out a whole lot of that" but never back it up with any real numbers.

Currently, Palemasters get +3% Negative Energy crit at levels 6, 12, and 18, granting a +9% crit.

The current tree shows that I can get 2% Negative Energy crit 4 times, netting me a total of +8% crit.

And IIRC, Magical Training (+5% crit) and Mental Toughness (+1% crit per feat) were changed to grant crit because of these spell crit changes.

Even if you ignore the changes to those feats, 1% crit is not "a bunch of crit". It's getting really old that people keep saying "you lose this" or "they took out a whole lot of that" but never back it up with any real numbers.
    1>0 so nerf

also that ignores all the other damage spells that are needed. Or do you only use your sla's on bosses instead of Niac's biting cold and Eledar's electric surge?

1>0 so nerf
    1 =/= "a bunch" as you stated. Please stop shifting the goal posts.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

1. It looks better.

And thats it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

1 =/= "a bunch" as you stated. Please stop shifting the goal posts.
    you're right a bunch is >1, so add in the other damage types you lost unless you only cast negative energy spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    You get 25 HP at level 1 from Heroic Durability in the new enhancements, not 20 HP.

It's then +5 HP per class levels from Improved Heroic Durability which is stupid, when it should clearly be +5 HP per character levels. So a 20 Wizard gets +20 HP, but a 4 Fighter / 4 Paladin / 12 Ranger gets +10HP ..... just wrong.

Make it +5 HP per character levels and you have a simple improvement, as it is now, it makes no sense.

ok. thanks. now i understand.

yeah, i don't like that its not +5 per character level either. i don't understand the point behind that.

Community Member anatomyofaghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post

It's then +5 HP per class levels from Improved Heroic Durability which is stupid, when it should clearly be +5 HP per character levels. So a 20 Wizard gets +20 HP, but a 4 Fighter / 4 Paladin / 12 Ranger gets +10HP ..... just wrong.

Make it +5 HP per character levels and you have a simple improvement, as it is now, it makes no sense.

/signed for +5 HP per level.

That's mindbogglingly poor design if it goes live that way. Multi-classing already waters down characters for enhancements, so why punish our builds when it's naturally balanced out already?

1>0 so nerf

also that ignores all the other damage spells that are needed. Or do you only use your sla's on bosses instead of Niac's biting cold and Eledar's electric surge?
    He is understating the crit loss. Currently, you get 9% to most lines from enhancements, and 12% from items. You actually get more from enhancements and feats on via the enhancement pass. 8% enhancements + 5% feat. The loss in chance comes from items. Superior Lore only gives 6% instead of 12%. The net effect is a loss of 2% critical chance. Not that bad.

The real loss, however, is in the multiplier. Enhancements alone let you get to 2.25 now, verses the set 2 in the pass. Plus an additional 0.5 from a superior lore item. This combined with the lower chance results in a total of 19% additional damage from criticals in the enhancement pass verses 36.75% achievable now. Quite a large nerf, actually. However, Vargouille has said they don't intend a nerf, and asked for numbers. Those have been provided, so maybe they look at it.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast