Thread: Few more bugs

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Default Few more bugs

Rage is turning off Power Attack. You can turn Power Attack back on while Raged if you use the basic "Power Attack" option, but it won't let you use a "Barbarian Power Attack" option - they both do the exact same thing once you have the improved power attack enhancements, so there's no reason for there to be any difference.

According to the weapon details displayed on the Inventory, Power Attack is reducing your to-hit, but isn't affecting your damage. Whacking kobolds would suggest that it is affecting your damage, so likely a display bug.

Human Action Surge isn't affecting ability scores, or isn't updating the character sheet.

Racial and Class core abilities should be unchained. Racial core abilities should become available based entirely on character level regardless of whether you have the "preceding" core ability. Class core abilities should become available based entirely on whether you have spent enough points in that tree, regardless of any "preceding" core ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Rage is turning off Power Attack. You can turn Power Attack back on while Raged if you use the basic "Power Attack" option, but it won't let you use a "Barbarian Power Attack" option - they both do the exact same thing once you have the improved power attack enhancements, so there's no reason for there to be any difference.
    I don't suppose there's been a bugfix since you posted this, but I was having the same problem this morning. The barbarian PA note is interesting, but fixing it is not worth a second of dev time unless it's related to the rage bug. There's absolutely no reason to ever have anything besides basic PA on any bar.

Min levels on items are changed.

Sharn Syndicate no min level items are now min level 5.
    I had a no-min level single use haste clickie, it is now min level 5 which makes it vendor trash considering I can use haste pots at level 1, and the Chrono Goggles which have +5spot/search, +2 Wis and 3x haste clickies at level 5.

My icy burst Greataxe of pure good min level 2... a random drop from an old +loot bonus day... is now min level 6.

Still comparing other items from live to beta, but looks like some mass retroactive change of loot levels that rework any old non-standard min levels is completely screwing any treasured no-min level and low min level items.

...Why Retroactive changes on old random drop loot?...

...and of course there is no in the dev notes relating to this and still no dev response if this is wai or result of rushed programming.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 07-09-2013 at 07:43 AM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.