Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    This sounds like an interesting tactic. Will the hireling heal me while it's doing that? Cuz frankly, once i've agro'd everything else in the room i'm going to be hurting.
    Well, it might be a problem for a squishy barb.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    This sounds like an interesting tactic. Will the hireling heal me while it's doing that? Cuz frankly, once i've agro'd everything else in the room i'm going to be hurting.
    Yeah, the healing hirelings don't neglect healing (any more than usual) when you tell them to attack something. If you have a keyboard binding for the hireling "Use/Attack" button it goes more smoothly. If you've also bound "Assist Target" then you can even target the Venerated, "assist" them to target whatever they're targeting, and then tell your hireling to attack it too. The big problem whatever you do is making sure you tell the hireling to attack something else other than the Venerated whenever their target dies.

Quote Originally Posted by supott View Post
    the 3 most annoying quests protecting npc's for me:
    Sharn Syndicate quest: Where u rescue ppl in rooms. 2 seconds after opening the door they're dead and u fail. Will never solo again.
    Gladewatch outpost: Even if i have a high diplomacy and tell her to stay put, she doesn't follow and zergs and dies fast.
    Sorrowdusk Isle quest: Will also never solo this again.
    In Gladewatch, talk with her and tell her to follow you, go outside and left up the hill as much as you can, tell her to stay put there and no mobs will attack her.

Community Member

Just wanted to share my dungeon scaling measuring method here:
    Using Twisted Talisman on myself, and seeing how much damage it does to me:
    Scaling %= (damage/26) x 100

In general 3 actual players plus 1 hireling, a common way I wind up running with my guild, is 100% scaling and any extra hirelings or players do not add any more difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonlitSilver View Post
    Last I heard, dungeons should still scale with hirelings, but hirelings count for less than a player and gold seal hirelings count for less than a regular hireling. So, you wouldn't see as many monsters running with a few hirelings than with a few other players. I assume it was set up because the devs are well aware that a hireling doesn't contribute nearly as much as a live human being with non-fail judgement, gear, and build.
    This explains it then.

The 0.5 and 0.25 scale factor makes quite a bit of sense as the mob populations increased, but they went down much faster.

I also switched to my poison sword (BTCoE) as opposed to my paralyzer, which was my mainstay during the solo run. That also seemed to make a big difference too.

Thanks for the insight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12