Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    /signed

This "nerf" will not hurt only their money, but also end game trading. Less things to trade for = less quests done for loot by vets = less everything = less money.

Also, to the people saying Otto's weren't WAI, if they are right: the Turbine's motto doesn't change then, it will still be "Exploit now and early while they fix it".

I bet half of these people still abused Otto's XP stacking like nothing else

And as someone above said: "Release them twice without knowing the bug, shame on you", "Release them 10 times knowing it and making money out of it, more shame on you". There were DOZENS of threads right after the Ottos box came out, stating how people got to 19 with them. No way in hell they didn't know about it. They closed an eye to make money, like they are doing with TP Codes in endgame trades
    I wont doubt that less level skippers will be sold compared to Ottos, but I doubt end game and loot trading will be affected that much. TP code trading is still extremely valuable in game and you can thank Turbine for allowing it since they couldn't monitor it very well. in fact, they even encouraged it. remember the free pet you got for giving away Ottos to friends? theres also BTCoE named loot that can easily be traded by bypassing the P2WAH. the skipping stone will still be desirable to people, just maybe people will use the "nerf" as an excuse to reduce the cost of a trade.

people continue to say its a nerf and they really don't know what the word means. Cordovan even said there was a possibilitly of releasing BOTH kinds of boxes and they are full aware of what Ottos does with xp boosts. there was nothing to exploit with Ottos. they released it more than once. made no official announcement in any form that Ottos wasn't WAI. if Ottos ever does get released again, than we will know the truth about them.

Bigbys actually makes sense to me if I turn off my P2W thinking. stays in line with Vet status II. Iconics at level 15. adjustments to the xp curve with lower levels getting what sounds like an increase in xp required and upper heroic levels getting reduced.

the rage on Bigbys is really quite dumb, but hilarious to me. if the cost of skipping 8 levels is the problem, than fine. petition Turbine to reduce the price. i am curious though why the boxes were released now and not later.

The do less and cost less. Problem? None.

Don't like them... don't buy them. Still the best way to get Turbine's attention.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    It is possible that both could be made available from time to time.
    If Otto's returns occasionally without nerfing it then problem solved.

Shrugs and walks off...looks back and remembers that Atomic is a very strong end game player.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    The do less and cost less. Problem? None.
    Actually, per Turbine's description of the in store XP elixirs, they should apply on the stone. I also think the VIP 10% bonus should apply as well.

The rest of the bonuses are pretty must described as quest/dungeon xp gained, so no issue on those.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    This "I won't buy these boxes unless you make them do more than they were supposed to again!" business is just another variation on "Turbine, if you don't _____, I'm quitting." In both cases, it's likely not going to happen.
    No, that's not it at all. I just don't enjoy significant nerfs to every aspect of the game that I play in recent updates, while they dont have the wisdom to fix things people actaully want to see fixed. Turbine has already done more to cure my DDO addiction than any form of self-therapy could possibly achieve. I suppose that's a good thing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I wont doubt that less level skippers will be sold compared to Ottos, but I doubt end game and loot trading will be affected that much. TP code trading is still extremely valuable in game and you can thank Turbine for allowing it since they couldn't monitor it very well. in fact, they even encouraged it. remember the free pet you got for giving away Ottos to friends? theres also BTCoE named loot that can easily be traded by bypassing the P2WAH. the skipping stone will still be desirable to people, just maybe people will use the "nerf" as an excuse to reduce the cost of a trade.
    TP code trading is fine, but otto box trading is much easier and securer. There's no risk of getting scammed, and generally the value per dollar of an otto box is higher than that of TP codes.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    If Otto's returns occasionally without nerfing it then problem solved.

Shrugs and walks off...looks back and remembers that Atomic is a very strong end game player.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence! Don't make me blush :P

Community Member

I'd like to see where it was written that it was WAI.
    It doesn't work that way. If they had released it once and then stated publicly that the stone was not WAI and that a fix would be on the way, then we wouldn't have a problem here. Not only did they not do that, they released it multiple times. If wasn't WAI they should have stated so...then when the fix/or different stone came, there would be no issue.

Again, to me this has nothing to do with P2W or easy button. It really boils down to this...

1. Turbine releases a product that works a certain way.
    2. Turbine releases that product many times.
    3. Turbine states publicly that the new item will be new and improved.
    4. New item comes out that is drastically inferior to previous product in every way.

Like I said before, I was probably going to buy one....one...and I still may.
    But looking at the 4 things I listed above, I can definitely see why people would be extremely upset over this.

I would like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt when it comes to their intentions, but it is hard for me to believe that the statement from Turbine about this new box being new and improved was anything other than a really poor joke at the *paying* players expense. That *really* has me SMH in disbelief and is incredibly poor form.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by edgarallanpoe View Post
    It doesn't work that way. If they had released it once and then stated publicly that the stone was not WAI and that a fix would be on the way, then we wouldn't have a problem here. Not only did they not do that, they released it multiple times. If wasn't WAI they should have stated so...then when the fix/or different stone came, there would be no issue.

Again, to me this has nothing to do with P2W or easy button. It really boils down to this...

1. Turbine releases a product that works a certain way.
    2. Turbine releases that product many times.
    3. Turbine states publicly that the new item will be new and improved.
    4. New item comes out that is drastically inferior to previous product in every way.

Like I said before, I was probably going to buy one....one...and I still may.
    But looking at the 4 things I listed above, I can definitely see why people would be extremely upset over this.

I would like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt when it comes to their intentions, but it is hard for me to believe that the statement from Turbine about this new box being new and improved was anything other than a really poor joke at the *paying* players expense. That *really* has me SMH in disbelief and is incredibly poor form.
    The Otto's Boxes were offered as a limited-time offer. There was never any promise that they would be available again. This isn't a nerf, they are simply providing a new product that offers less XP. Cordovan was kind enough to clarify that right away when the question came up.

Part of the problem is that since the boxes were released, 10% VIP XP bonus was added. Then the top xp elixirs went from 30% to 50%. So the boxes have actually become much better since they were released because of the XP stacking and the better XP capability.

i wouldn't hold my breath on a comment from Turbine or devs on Ottos WAI or not. they have been known to have a zipped lip on such things.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unacceptable View Post
    The Otto's Boxes were offered as a limited-time offer. There was never any promise that they would be available again. This isn't a nerf, they are simply providing a new product that offers less XP. Cordovan was kind enough to clarify that right away when the question came up.

Part of the problem is that since the boxes were released, 10% VIP XP bonus was added. Then the top xp elixirs went from 30% to 50%. So the boxes have actually become much better since they were released because of the XP stacking and the better XP capability.
    I never said it was a nerf.

However, *Turbine* said that the new box would be better than the old box....

Explain to me how this is better.

Again, I hope I am wrong, I truly do....but I simply cannot think of another reason for a dev to publicly state that this new box would be better than the old box if it weren't a joke at the paying players expense.

Everyone knew what the allure was for the Ottos box and, in particular, the Stones. To whet those player appetites and then release this is seriously head shaking and incredibly poor business.

Understand that I have no horse in this race. I do not TR regularly, am not looking for a completionist, and wasn't one of the people who were looking to buy multiple stones.

However, *Turbine* said that the new box would be better than the old box....
    Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    Agreed... we will have something even nicer than Otto's Box this time around!
    I'm going with, QuartermasterX did not realize they nerfed the Stone's of Experience coding on the Bigby's Boxes.

You know, I feel sorry for QuartermasterX, he is doing his job, but some of these Devs are really making it tough for him.

Arranges really cool not considered pay to win collectors and legendary collection.
    Alpha enhancements come out, without a definite we will improve Beta significantly statement.
    Forums blow up.
    Glin comes along announces Epic Disadvantage.
    Programmer makes mistakes on the Owlbear.

Arranges really cool new box.
    Programmer comes along and says, "Hey this ain't working right, let me fix it."

I got a really cool email when I bought the Bigby's Boxes.
    I was impressed with the email, and looking at the contents of the box.

And if he did not realize it, then the pricing is based on an assumption that is incorrect.

Therefore in effect it is "nerfed" so to speak?

If that is true, then this statement would be indicative of "nothing is set in stone" type response to Epic Disadvantage"

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    It is possible that both could be made available from time to time.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    I'm going with, QuartermasterX did not realize they nerfed the Stone's of Experience coding on the Bigby's Boxes.

You know, I feel sorry for QuartermasterX, he is doing his job, but some of these Devs are really making it tough for him.
    A definite possibility and one I hope is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Bigbys actually makes sense to me if I turn off my P2W thinking. stays in line with Vet status II. Iconics at level 15. adjustments to the xp curve with lower levels getting what sounds like an increase in xp required and upper heroic levels getting reduced.
    This right here. If they go ahead and flatten out the xp curve for tr's, the value of skipping the mid levels will be relatively greater than it is now. Depending on how flat they make it, the new boxes may actually save you the same amount of actual playing time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123