Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55
  1. #21
    Hero nibel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    3,778

    Default

    Back when the otto box was first released, I buyed one for the pet (sue me), and used the stone to get myself an instant cannith challenge runner. Later that week people told me that I could use the XP bonus to skip more levels. My thought at that moment was not "Bummer, I could have saved time in a TR life", but "This is a weird bug".

    I still think the XP stacking is a bug. So, I expected that sooner or later that would stop working, and the stones would really put people at level 16 as intended.

    So, yeah. Cry me a river.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma


    I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

  2. #22
    Community Member pHo3nix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Isn't it time to stop crying about the free TRs they were giving away? You can still get a PL without too much effort with 50% xp pots if you really want to buy that PL so much.

    Or you can do what many people did before uber xp pots, xp tomes, Bravery bonus and stones: gain your PL playing the game instead of paying to get one.
    Cannith: Hazrael--Nyal--Thalax

  3. #23
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    408

    Default

    When the stones first came out it could have been declared a bug.
    When the stones reappeared the second time it could have stated a bug du to still beeing unaware o the issue
    But releasing them 3 or 4 times KNOWING this is working and NOT saying it is a bug pretty much turns it into a feature instead of a bug.

    So it is save to assume turbine knew, and let us use it, noone forced em to re release em.
    Thelanis: Errtu-1, Cherubael, Nararian, Seyria, Yarrrkk, Apothecarius, Tarcus-1, Kheradruakh, Evesor, Experimentum

  4. #24
    Community Member Jeromio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Rusty Nail
    Posts
    795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    Seems like you guys are trying to shoot yourselves in the foot! I really don't understand what goes through Turbine decision making sometimes, and I'm not going to try to. So I won't post a lengthy argument trying to persuade anyone one way or the other. I'll just say this:

    Undo the nerf and I'll buy 10 of them; keep it nerfed and I'll buy zero.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with this new box except the price. $40 for skipping a few easy and fun levels is a bad idea, it should probably have been half the price for me to even think about buying this stone.
    I also think they should release a stone for lvl 15-20. I'd happily pay at least $30 for that.
    Last edited by Jeromio; 07-05-2013 at 04:24 AM.
    Proud officer of Spellbinders: http://spellbinders.shivtr.com/
    Lyrandar(EU)->Devourer(EU)->Cannith

  5. #25
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Deadlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from
    Posts
    4,126

    Default

    /not signed

    Your new p2w easy button isn't bugged like your old one and you whine about it? It does exactly what it says it will do. The old ones didn't do exactly what they said they would do because whoever implemented them didn't consider other affects that boost granted XP. Gimme a break.

    If it's not working the way you would like it then maybe, oh, I dunno, just play the game and get the levels that way instead of skipping them?

  6. #26
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Personally I would not sign such a petition, as it would not achieve anything.

    I believe they did not make a mistake with the Otto nor the Bigby stone.

    My reasoning:

    1. As proven they had the ability to change the Otto stone to have no xp bonus applied to it, as shown in the Bigby stone. This isn't to say they won't change to Otto stone to have no xp bonus status.

    2. The reasoning behind the Bigby 7 - 15 level zone (IMHO) is that it will allow veteran II characters to be created and leveled to 15 straight away. Thus allowing them to run with a newly created ICONIC class character. Hence the reason the xp bonus was disabled on these stones.

    3. Otto's stone was reported to have the xp bonus "issue" in the free stone version of MOTU expansion. The same stone was released at least 2 more times with no change to it. This would suggest it was working the way they intended, like the Destiny Shears.

    If the above statements are incorrect , would that mean that anyone who has used the otto's stone to level, and utilized any xp bonus in conjunction with the stone (whether intentional or not), is exploiting a bug and deserves be banned or shot.

  7. #27
    Community Member totalmir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    246

    Default

    /Not signed.

    Learn how to play.Taking you to 15 is fair enough,taking you to 18 with buffs is ridiculous and rewards sloppy gameplay which will later on reflect on your overall skill endgame.
    Besides,we all know you're lying when you say you'll buy zero of them.You getting aggravated over it clearly shows that you are a less competent player who praises the lord on the opportunity that you can skip most of the content,and not being constantly kicked out of the groups for your lack of skill.
    So yes,you will buy 10 of them one way or the other.In a world where the weak perish,you chose to buy your strenght.

  8. #28
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    187

    Default

    /not signed

    Otto stone was bugged, Bigby is WAI.

    And that is all.

  9. #29
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    I see a lot of posts like above, making a completely wrong assumption that I addressed in my first response. Explain to me how asking for a nerf reversal is "whining." I did not make any garish accusations, flames, name calling or demands. In fact, the very act of "petition" is the farthest you can get from whining while still bringing an issue to light.
    Since you asked, here's why I consider this sort of complaint to be whining.

    From the start, these stones were advertised as giving the player 8 levels -- taking them from 8 to 16. Someone discovered that they could actually be used to give 11 levels with a fairly inexpensive potion, which is quite obviously not what Turbine intended, since the entire reason they were first created was to get more people to 16 where the new quests were.

    It would be one thing if these stones advertised to give 8 levels were changed to give 6. But you and others are essentially complaining because you are getting the 8 levels you were supposed to get instead of the 11 levels you got because of Turbine's poor implementation of the original stones. In essence, you were getting a bonus for free and now view it as an entitlement, and yes, that's rather whiney.
    Last edited by Qaliya; 07-05-2013 at 07:30 AM.

  10. #30
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    278

    Default

    i don't have a problem with what they did. It's basically 4000 points for 1,784,000 xp and a few bonsues.

    If you buy a sovereign elixir and average 100k xp hour, the elixir gives you 150,000. The stone is still a much better deal than the elixirs.

    I didn't buy stones at first but then I bought a few ottos boxes last time around because the xp bonuses were so widely reported on the forums for months that I assumed it was WAI the last time they were for sale.

    So I would just like to keep the existing otto boxes working the way they were when I bought it. I don't care about the new boxes and will probably buy a few to keep in the bank.

  11. #31
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    278

    Default

    I don't have a problem with what they did. It's basically 4000 points for 1,784,000 xp and a few bonsues.

    If you buy a sovereign elixir and average 100k xp hour, the elixir gives you 150,000. The stone is still a much better deal than the elixirs.

    I didn't buy stones at first but then I bought a few ottos boxes last time around because the xp bonuses were so widely reported on the forums for months that I assumed it was WAI the last time they were for sale.

    So I would just like to keep the existing otto boxes working the way they were when I bought it. I don't care about the new boxes and will probably buy a few to keep in the bank.

  12. #32
    Community Member gaffneyks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by totalmir View Post
    /Not signed.

    Learn how to play.Taking you to 15 is fair enough,taking you to 18 with buffs is ridiculous and rewards sloppy gameplay which will later on reflect on your overall skill endgame.
    Besides,we all know you're lying when you say you'll buy zero of them.You getting aggravated over it clearly shows that you are a less competent player who praises the lord on the opportunity that you can skip most of the content,and not being constantly kicked out of the groups for your lack of skill.
    So yes,you will buy 10 of them one way or the other.In a world where the weak perish,you chose to buy your strenght.

    What a joke, Skill in gameplay, you are freaking kidding me right?

    So zerging through the same quest over an over again teaches you how to play end game content?

    Tr'ing is just mindless repetition, it teaches you nothing. I have actually trained a Chimpanzee named Bongo to run my toon for me.
    He is currently zerging through the Temple of Vol right now on my FVS, which gives me time to post on these forums.

    Being a TR does not make you a better endgame player, it just does not.

    Some people just wanted to skip the grind and were willing to pay for it, that is all.

  13. #33
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Turbine will end with a new awesome offer

    past lives on the shop for sale..buy it!

    10000 TP for any past life you need...enjoy it
    99999 TP for the rights to acquire the completionist feat, big discount!

    but in the end..who cares? nerds (6+ hours of play/day) and p2winners will always advance faster...moarpowatothem

  14. #34
    Community Member Wizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,421

    Default

    /signed

    This "nerf" will not hurt only their money, but also end game trading. Less things to trade for = less quests done for loot by vets = less everything = less money.


    Also, to the people saying Otto's weren't WAI, if they are right: the Turbine's motto doesn't change then, it will still be "Exploit now and early while they fix it".

    I bet half of these people still abused Otto's XP stacking like nothing else

    And as someone above said: "Release them twice without knowing the bug, shame on you", "Release them 10 times knowing it and making money out of it, more shame on you". There were DOZENS of threads right after the Ottos box came out, stating how people got to 19 with them. No way in hell they didn't know about it. They closed an eye to make money, like they are doing with TP Codes in endgame trades
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

  15. #35
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Bigby's = Pay2Lose

    I don' think these stones should exist period . . . but since they do . . . they should continue to work how they did prior. i mean what's the point of a revenue raiser if nobody buys it because it's a stupid product?

  16. #36
    Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    10,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    Seems like you guys are trying to shoot yourselves in the foot! I really don't understand what goes through Turbine decision making sometimes, and I'm not going to try to. So I won't post a lengthy argument trying to persuade anyone one way or the other. I'll just say this:

    Undo the nerf and I'll buy 10 of them; keep it nerfed and I'll buy zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    Bigby's is not "totally different" compared to otto's boxes. In fact they're both called "Stones of Experience" how is that totally different?

    You're making a lot of wrong assumptions, primarily being the fact that you think I'm raging. I'm simply stating a fact about my intentions to purchase. I don't have to cowtow to even more money grubbing when the original boxes were such a huge cash grab in the first place. It's just find it disrespectful to apply a ~50% XP nerf to the stone when they're already asking for a relatively large amount of cash.

    Secondly, the boxes actually don't save me any time at all as without them I just won't TR. I already have a triple completionist just waiting to for the enhancement pass to be finalized. I was hoping to make my other completionist a triple, but without stones I'll just stick with single completionist. *shrug* It means I'll play less, and my playtime is already reduced to barely an hour a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    While that's great and all if that's their reasoning, they need to price accordingly. A 50% XP reduction for 80% of the price is a slap in the face.
    I feel Atomic Mew has presented a valid point and I hope the Devs consider it for future planning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Bonus sources of XP do not stack with the Stone of Experience provided in the Bigby's Handy Box.
    Thank you Cordovan for a quick response on this question, it prevented a ton of refund requests.

  17. #37
    Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    10,125

    Default

    Sigh, silly double post, well here is more....

    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    As I said, I don't need to justify anything. I'm not asking for your bleeding heart. The only thing that will sway turbine is money, and if purchases aren't as high as otto boxes, they will know why.
    You are not talking to an average player here folks, he was contemplating making a second uber completionist.

    Cloey made one uber completionist and said never again.
    It is a huge amount of lives, you get to completionist, oh wow, then you realize are only a third of the way there.

    He is one of the best EE item farmers on Khyber.


    The Bigby's Boxes are not trading well either.
    I will not buy more and rather wish I have organized a boycott of them.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 07-05-2013 at 08:41 AM.

  18. #38
    Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    10,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Bigby's = Pay2Lose

    I don' think these stones should exist period . . . but since they do . . . they should continue to work how they did prior. i mean what's the point of a revenue raiser if nobody buys it because it's a stupid product?
    Lol, another great post by The Troll, seems I agree with you too much for you to be a Troll,
    go find a bridge to terrorize....

    I do not debate whether the Boxes should exist, they are here,
    and Otto's is clearly superior to Bigby's...

    I personally like the Boxes, but who am I to judge what is right or wrong?
    What is Truth?

  19. #39
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    This "I won't buy these boxes unless you make them do more than they were supposed to again!" business is just another variation on "Turbine, if you don't _____, I'm quitting." In both cases, it's likely not going to happen.

    The people in a big rush to skip big chunks of the game are still going to buy these things, because there's no other way to get what they give you for the price. And even if some people don't in fact buy them, Turbine will make up for that with XP pot sales by the in-a-big-rushers who now have to actually level from 15 to 20.

    And if they really do sell fewer of them, that would be great news all on its own. Am I really supposed to feel sorry for someone who wants to grind 40 lives because they can't buy their way to it?

  20. #40
    The Hatchery Hutoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cannith
    Posts
    560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    i I cant believe "losing" 2 levels is worth a nerd rage.
    yes

    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    While that's great and all if that's their reasoning, they need to price accordingly. A 50% XP reduction for 80% of the price is a slap in the face.
    lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Your new p2w easy button isn't bugged like your old one and you whine about it? It does exactly what it says it will do. The old ones didn't do exactly what they said they would do because whoever implemented them didn't consider other affects that boost granted XP. Gimme a break.
    preach it
    AUREON/ KEEPER 2006-2009 | CANNITH 2010 -
    Anaplian, Csimian, Tengram, Hackworth, Memenah, Helekye, Nabberfleish
    Brotherhood of the Wolf

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload