Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3

    Angry Bring Back Otto's!

    The Bigby's won't be on my shopping list anytime soon...there is a big difference in the substituted level 16 for level 7 experience - they are simply not worth the TP...

  2. #2
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,023

    Default

    hilarious. people wont buy Bigbys because they cant gain an additional level or 2 with xp boosts. as if skipping 8 levels already wasn't good enough. funny how people were buying Ottos before they found out about xp boosts stacking. suddenly the price was fine after complaints about the price. I guess people are really saying the price is fine as a 10 level skipping stone.

  3. #3
    Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Braegan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Xoriat
    Posts
    3,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    hilarious. people wont buy Bigbys because they cant gain an additional level or 2 with xp boosts. as if skipping 8 levels already wasn't good enough. funny how people were buying Ottos before they found out about xp boosts stacking. suddenly the price was fine after complaints about the price. I guess people are really saying the price is fine as a 10 level skipping stone.
    I would be ok with Bigby Box if I knew ahead of time that xp bonuses wouldn't apply. Feels, cheesey and a bit shady to hock an item with same name and have it function differently. Aside from that, it's not that bad of a deal. It has less fluff then Ottos box had that I didn't want anyways.
    Git off mah lawn!

    If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

  4. #4
    Community Member bergeau09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Quebec, Canada. (Playing on Khyber)
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    hilarious. people wont buy Bigbys because they cant gain an additional level or 2 with xp boosts. as if skipping 8 levels already wasn't good enough. funny how people were buying Ottos before they found out about xp boosts stacking. suddenly the price was fine after complaints about the price. I guess people are really saying the price is fine as a 10 level skipping stone.
    Can't agree more. 7 to 15 is a huge jump. And people complaining about the price seem to forgot that the box also include 3 Sov I exp pots + a choice of nice goodies. You're far from being ripped off, if you think so because (as you said) you cannot get 1-2 levels off exp bonus; I mean c'mon people, 8 free levels is alredy nice, why complain ?
    Just my opinion,

    Hoss~

    /Popcorn maybe?
    Hossa / Darree ~Khyber~ Doom Legion (Level 75)
    Proud Host of the DDO Hunger Games Along with Fawngate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

  5. #5
    Founder & Hero Vordax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    hilarious. people wont buy Bigbys because they cant gain an additional level or 2 with xp boosts. as if skipping 8 levels already wasn't good enough. funny how people were buying Ottos before they found out about xp boosts stacking. suddenly the price was fine after complaints about the price. I guess people are really saying the price is fine as a 10 level skipping stone.
    You make it sound like no big deal when you say its just a couple levels, its the XP difference. Base (legend lives) 7-15 vs 8-16 is about 260k difference in XP. If you count the XP difference with pots it is almost 1.5 million XP difference. That is a big difference in XP.

    Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bergeau09 View Post
    Can't agree more. 7 to 15 is a huge jump. And people complaining about the price seem to forgot that the box also include 3 Sov I exp pots + a choice of nice goodies. You're far from being ripped off, if you think so because (as you said) you cannot get 1-2 levels off exp bonus; I mean c'mon people, 8 free levels is alredy nice, why complain ?
    Just my opinion,

    Hoss~

    /Popcorn maybe?
    Ehy the box is unatractive to me? easy. In order to have a smooth and steady TR i play each q 2 lvl above its lvl on elite. From lvl 11 on i prospone a whole lvl, so i can do the lvl 15q and jump up to 18. 18 is the important step, as it is the "equilibrium" for the capping process. You dont take lvl 19, u take lvl 18 and stay 18 till cap.
    The ottos stones werent that great without the bonus xp applied. But with bonus xp you were able to crash the lvl 18 "threshhold" and join the capping parties. In order to maintain my current system of TR i will have to take the stone and run lvl12q with a sov pot, or go into lvl 16q without beeing lvl 18. Both is doable, but not satisfying for me. Instead of saving me 4 or 5 days the new box is saving me now 1 or 2.
    Thelanis: Errtu-1, Cherubael, Nararian, Seyria, Yarrrkk, Apothecarius, Tarcus-1, Kheradruakh, Evesor, Experimentum

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    28

    Default

    it was nice of you to explain to them brizza but if they can't tell the difference between the stone's then just forget it.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,643

    Default

    What?!? They nerfed the easy button. *sigh*

    *gets ready for work

    j/k
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

    Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,524

    Default

    While your at it, also allow TR characters to start at level 7 veteran status, and sell level 7-16 stones individually for 1000 turbine points.

    Gogo pay to completionist.

    This post is sarcasm, I still refuse to use XP potions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload