Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It will all be lollipops, rainbows, unicorns and peace on earth for all mankind just you all wait and see.............

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    It will all be lollipops, rainbows, unicorns and peace on earth for all mankind just you all wait and see.............
    Agree 100%.

NOTHING is set in stone.

OP, Did you connect to the internet to see the things you're talking about?

Some very clever person recently said

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."

Community Member

Yeah, I think the barbarian version of improved power attack is bugged. The Horc version works just fine, so I don't think they intend to have rage an PA mutually exclusive.

Barbs are looking pretty terrible right now but wait until we see how terrible it is on live before quitting.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    Now that would make sense if it were some super powered ability that was much stronger than any of your normal spells.
    I agree with FEstus, anything with that long a cool down better be amazing... otherwise it is simply points that don't contribute anything the majority of the time you are playing.

Community Member

I've got several builds I can't wait to try, and several guildmates planning out uber combinations in email.

Not everyone hates the new enhancements.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    Druids will be getting their own SLAs. Sunburst and Storm of Vengeance will be among them. THOSE will have 2-minute cooldowns. Not the spells.
    Well there's some good news.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Phew I was getting worried. Thanks for clearing that up.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nayozz View Post
    seriuzly...

it is still in alpha ^^ so do not be too much d00oo00m !

i dled lammania too, cause i was curious...

i found some good, some bad, some meh meh ish or just meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

i gave some suggestions...
    Sarcasm roll might be failed as im on my first cup of coffee but....if its on lam it will go live pretty much as is. If there is a bug that benefits players the servers will be shut down/hotfixed ASAP. If it's just a 'normal bug' then they will get around to fixing it Soontm

Quote Originally Posted by tralfaz81 View Post
    When the enhancement pass rolls out, I'm quitting.
    While I agree that the "pass" appears to be shaping up as a "fail", I think leaving when it comes out is (at the very least) 1 week too soon. I mean, you will have stuck out the alpha phase and seen whatever tweaks they put in place in response to player feedback...

So won't you want to at least try it out on Live, and THEN, IF your fears are confirmed, leave?

Or maybe give it a month, and see what kind of new builds start to appear, and see if there are some cool new combos that might be fun to try?
    And THEN leave, if it looks like it's going to be an uphill struggle versus endless bugs and nerfs...

Or maybe wait a few months and see how it all settles down?
    and THEN leave if DDO really has gone to "teh suck" for you.

And maybe then, once you know for sure you're going, maybe then make a post about why you left, for the people you care about on the forums... or you could just leave without making a post.

Anything else seems hugely premature to me.
    AUREON/ KEEPER 2006-2009 | CANNITH 2010 -
    Anaplian, Csimian, Tengram, Hackworth, Memenah, Helekye, Nabberfleish
    Brotherhood of the Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Hutoth View Post
    While I agree that the "pass" appears to be shaping up as a "fail", I think leaving when it comes out is (at the very least) 1 week too soon. I mean, you will have stuck out the alpha phase and seen whatever tweaks they put in place in response to player feedback...

So won't you want to at least try it out on Live, and THEN, IF your fears are confirmed, leave?

Or maybe give it a month, and see what kind of new builds start to appear, and see if there are some cool new combos that might be fun to try?
    And THEN leave, if it looks like it's going to be an uphill struggle versus endless bugs and nerfs...

Or maybe wait a few months and see how it all settles down?
    and THEN leave if DDO really has gone to "teh suck" for you.

And maybe then, once you know for sure you're going, maybe then make a post about why you left, for the people you care about on the forums... or you could just leave without making a post.

Anything else seems hugely premature to me.
    Pretty much this.

I for one am looking forward to the enhancement pass, not because of all its various nerfs and buffs, but because it will wipe the slate clean on "builds". We will all be back to square one again, looking to try new stuff out, new combinations out which before would have been poo-pooed by people. One of DDO's strengths is that your characters are never quite done, every so often they change, sometimes more significantly than others, but change is always right around the corner. And the balance of power swings from class to class, build to build, year to year. Adjust, adapt and move on.

But more content please Turbine...!
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    I've got several builds I can't wait to try, and several guildmates planning out uber combinations in email.

Not everyone hates the new enhancements.
    And you will be amazed at what is possible. I'm one of those that doesn't hate the new enhancements. I love them. The power comes to light when you drop everything you knew previously and start working with the system given instead of trying to fight it.

I understand why people don't like it. They don't like new things, and they don't want to put the time in to find new builds. While I understand it, it's something I can never agree with because it directly conflicts with the design choices I want for this game. I like building new toons. I like finding new things. The current system isn't good for this because everything has been found and everything has been built. The current system isn't nearly as deep as some people pretend it is.

I have a hybrid druid that was 17/3 monk quarterstaff user. Granted, not lolz dps, but fun to play. Testing on the enhancement pass it hits harder (using the new henshin abilities) and has some nice SLAs. Overall I considered it an improvement. I have a helves angel, granted already out of date, and I couldn't reproduce it on the enhancement pass in a satisfactory way. I also have a melee warforged that is really fun to play in exalted, but when I saw the new Divine Disciple with all its light based SLAs I seriously started considering rolling up one of those.

Gist of my point, some of my characters get better as is, some worse, and some I want to re-roll into something else. But then, this has happened periodically throughout the game otherwise people would still be playing Batmans, instead of Juggernauts.

There are some changes I'd like to see to the way enhancements work, but that's a conversation to have. So, when the enhancement pass rolls out I'm not quitting, but then I didn't quit each time one of my builds was impacted, others have. Its all about what each person finds fun.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    And you will be amazed at what is possible . . .
    And that in a nutshell is what's keeping me interested.

While sure . . . Turbine may be destroying some builds (marginal once should kinda expect that) and in the case of barbs some entire classes . . . there are some INSANELY over-powered combinations in this new system that I cannot wait to get my hands on before Turbine sobers up and nerfs them to the stoneage.

Playing DDO has always been about exploiting the "good" bugs to make up for the bad. And there's some damned fine stuff in this new system to exploit the hell out of.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RudedawCDN View Post
    Roll a toon on test - it's worse than you thought.

You have to take Seasoned and you have to decide between melee or casting - no more hybreds!

Have you played a druid on live?

The melee/casting hybridization doesn't come from enhancements so much as from skill/build
    and if you're pure druid, you can easily put plenty of points into both trees, though the melee tree seems a bit weak to me. And while i thought the caster tree looked weak, my 17/3 halfling monk was able to drop str to 10, pump dex to 18, and dualwield shortswords dealing quite a bit more melee damage than i had been, deal more spell damage with SLA's, and have more spell power/spell critical than on live. Oh, and i finally have a good use for my spelltouched shuriken.

if anything, it's easier to play a hybrid now, you can focus on one, while increasing the other a lot more than was previously possible.

Also, Storm of Vengeance SLA will be nice. I only ever use it fully meta'd, and i doubt i ever use it more than once every 5 minutes. So a two minute cooldown isn't that bad.

I've added new information to the top of the original post to correct mistakes I made and add new information.
    "Shut up and die like a wizard"

Quote Originally Posted by tralfaz81 View Post
    Barbarian Power Attack - Apparently it's a glitch with humans, it's supposed to stay active when raging and not toggle itself off. The bug has been reported.

Barbarian Power Rage - DOES exist, I overlooked it when first using the new tree system. However, it has been nerfed - there's now only Power Rage I-III, instead of Power Rage I-IV, removing a point of strength from our builds.

Frenzied Berserker - no longer exist. The new tree offers Frenzy, Cleave, and Death Frenzy - but these used to be packaged with Frenzied Berserker I-III. Most of the other benefits are still available...sort of. But they're scattered out through the different paths.

The glancing blow weapon effects are scattered over the Frenzied Berserker tree, as is Cleave - in fact, that's pretty much all a Frenzied Berserker is now. The mass of the power comes from the Cleaves and they eat up more hitpoints than before to use them.

The critical multiplier is in the top tier of the Ravager tree - mostly. It tops out at +2 now, instead of the +3 we used to get. It takes 40 points in that tree to get it and you can't have it and the top tier Cleave both - you have to pick one.

Near as I can tell, the Barbarian Capstone and its benefits are gone as well now.

In my opinion, right now what we're being offered is the power we had before being diluted into multiple new clickies. You'll end up with far more timers to keep track of, none of which seem to pack the punch they used to.
    i wish i could log onto Lama and see for myself. i spent 3 hours yesterday downloading Lama only to realize i don't have Beta access. my future with DDO depends on if i like the changes or not. right now, its not and i feel like the barbarian class is losing too much with dps and points needed to spend in different trees to get certain things. up until the last few days i started to actually have a better outlook on DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    your post has now made me want to waste the time to download Lama and see for myself. I stopped reading after a barb cant rage and have PA and that would be enough to quit DDO myself. it sounds like the enhancements are actually going backwards and ive read enough doom about them to check things out on my own. basic barb abilities spread out across 3 trees? c'mon.
    yeah the absurdity of it all is that this was marked as a GUI change, primarily cosmetic. instead they go nuts with the nerf gun, what with sorcs dealing 30% of damage they're dealing right now, barbs getting screwed, clerics and fvs getting pounded into the ground. i would understand if they were trying to shift the dynamic a little bit and add some freshness to the game, but the magnitude of the nerfs that are in beta for a supposedly 'cosmetic' update seems like they're trying to kill off these classes...
    Last edited by ishr; 07-05-2013 at 08:19 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12