Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    It's been posted in the Lamannia section, but for wider dissemmination:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...30#post4503430
    Wow this is great thank you!

I agree with the general concensus.
    There are a lot of really great changes coming.

THANK YOU!!
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    When I click it, I end up back at the 'main forum page' - I assume because I do not have beta access.

So this link is unreadable to me, and provides no information.

I guess I can assume something good has happened, but since I don't know, I should probably keep complaining about everything.

It'd be nice if we had a nice, safe vault of some sort... some place where one could safely post this information, like a giant player-bank, or something - so that the rest of us could actually see whatever the information is that the dev decided was good enough to share, in part, but only to those with beta access.
    Or you could actually READ what the dev posted in THIS thread where the link was given and see that the dev very clearly told you what you would get, a +20LR heart.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    Or you could actually READ what the dev posted in THIS thread where the link was given and see that the dev very clearly told you what you would get, a +20LR heart.

And how do I know that this is the only text that matters?

It looked like another silly dev sig with quotes, like many ddo forum users use, so I totally ignored it.

Sue me.

Tell ya what though, Turbine still hasn't earned my trust back enough for me to spend money on it... perhaps soon, but not yet. But this helps.

I will pass this information on to my guildies; some of whom are very worried about their characters. Thank you for the information.

Perhaps some day, they'll stop treating their preview server like a beta server, and actually allow people to read what's going on, since all the beta-testing has already happened.

Community Member

Default Characters who are not level 20?

That is awesome indeed! But what about characters who are not yet level 20 when the expansion launches? What will they receive?

Edit: Just read the dev's post again and it does say "every character'. So that makes it sound like even low level existing characters will get the LR+20, which would be fantastic.
    Last edited by Kibbul; 07-12-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    If they saw a quoted version the information is actually invisible due to the forums lousy nested quotes. So all the replies make it look like a link. This is a sh!tty forum issue not a lazy reader issue. Even the link is hard to see if you are looking at a quoted version in one of the many replies.
    Last edited by Ironclans_evil_twin; 07-12-2013 at 11:55 AM.

Really glad I talked my guildie out of buying a +5 heart from the store 2 nights ago.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    Wow, you realize if they saw a quoted version that the information is actually invisible due to the forums lousy white on white nested quotes. This is a sh!tty forum issue not a lazy reader issue. Even the link is hard to see if you are looking at a quoted version in one of the many replies.
    Exactly - my brain has decided those parts of forum posts don't exist, and skims over it.

They should fix that; but there is so many other things to fix first!

Thank you for implementing a free +20 LR heart of wood for the enhancement pass. That will be sorely needed by many characters.

Would it at all be possible to offer concurrent free tokens or something (coupons?) for the alignment change respec item as well? A free token would probably be best to avoid people stockpiling them for later lives.

I've noticed a concerted effort to make True Neutral less and less appealing an option for anyone that doesn't "have" to be a particular alignment. Or, in other words, the other alignments have been made less sucktastic to actually take. This has been a gradual change over time but respec-ing for the enhancement pass might be a good time for people to clean up any lingering alignment issues.

If not that's fine. The +20 heart of wood is already more than I was hoping for (I was actually hoping a +10 heart of wood might debut). I just wanted to throw this out as a consideration.

Thank you again for the hearts of wood for existing characters.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...30#post4503430 (Apologies to those without beta access. This link won't work for everyone. The announcement related to this thread is quoted below).
    Thanks but it still won't change the fact that Wis and Cha based Spellcaster are doing to get shafted compared to Int based spellcasters due to Spellcraft and the new skills.
    Even with a +20 LR, we won't be able to find the 6 to 8 build points needed to have the skill points to develop those skills.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Thank you.

Time to fill up my character rooster again...

...wanders off wondering what to make???

Rushed back and shyly says, "THANK YOU"...

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Very nice And with the handy side effect of allowing those of us altaholics to freely try out some build ideas on retired characters too
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Community Member

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...30#post4503430 (Apologies to those without beta access. This link won't work for everyone. The announcement related to this thread is quoted below).
    Wow. This is a big surprise, and very appreciated. Thank you for the reach around.

Community Member

The only thing that remains is the question of race....LR+20 wont let you change race, how about a racial respec token tossed in there as well, if such a thing is possible?

Racial enhancments are being revamped just as thoroughly as class enhancements, and there is definitely going to be new, very race-specific builds to take advantage of, say, Elven Grace or Dwarven Throw Your Weight Around, that simply wont work as a Human or Helf.

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    And how do I know that this is the only text that matters?

It looked like another silly dev sig with quotes, like many ddo forum users use, so I totally ignored it.

It's just all that you are intended to know right now. Buy the expansion, then you can read it....err, no, I guess you can't...It's too late for you to get into closed beta.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    The only thing that remains is the question of race....LR+20 wont let you change race, how about a racial respec token tossed in there as well, if such a thing is possible?
    Also alignment. If you aren't lawful already, can you LR into a monk splash?

I'm willing to suck up the cost of an Alignment change, if it comes to that, but a Race change token in addition to the 20LR would really really help me out a lot. Please consider handing us a Race Change, thanks.

Oh, and Thanks so so much for 20LR and for letting us know about it this early on. I hope you'll consider doing this kind of thing right from the get-go in future.

Default Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    That is something they should have planned when they decided to change all the enhancements. I honestly don't have a lot of empathy for how difficult it is to do. No one forced them to make the decision to unnecessarily change all the enhancements.
    Well said! Years ago, I looked forward to updates. Now, I dread them and if things continue on this downward trend, I'll quiet the game.

I'd be a lot happier if they fixed more bugs instead of adding more radical changes. I'd also be happier with a few minor additions to current content instead of radical changes like this. I've got no pity on Turbine at the moment. As far as I'm concerned, they are gleefully digging their own grave.
    Yehediah (Dwarf Cleric), Zeddek (Human Favored Soul)
    Mezros (Drow Bard), Fieris (Drow Wizard)
    Freibo (Halfling Rogue)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    It's just all that you are intended to know right now. Buy the expansion, then you can read it....err, no, I guess you can't...It's too late for you to get into closed beta.
    Glad you realized that.

Too bad you hit submit.

I'll add this: I would buy the expansion, now that I know I won't have to buy hearts for all my characters, if I knew the expansion would immediately (ie, today) get me into the beta.

Since they can't even manage to get the people who DID pay into the beta properly (complaints from guildies that broken forum accounts are slowing them down, turbine suggests a 2-3 day wait time via the ticket system).... I think I'll just wait.

Maybe even wait until they go 50% off in 3 months. I dunno. Turbine has certainly given me nothing in the expansion that is a totally 'wowee, must buy' item... except a certain hireling, which is way too overpriced to me....

Iconics can't TR yet, so they are useless to me until they can.... so, what - a couple of adventure packs for 30 bucks?

THey gotta really make me WANT to buy it; so far, they haven't.

But they've certainly made me feel better that I won't have to spend so much money repairing characters after this.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast