Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We plan to include a lesser reincarnation, somewhat similar to when Menace of the Underdark was released, or better.

Exact details are still being determined.
    The details would be nice to get. Since that is actually what is worrying many of us. Do you actually plan to force us to TR to get our characters back in working order, since a LR+0 will not do it for a large number of builds?
    It's definitely an N-word.

Founder

We plan to include a lesser reincarnation, somewhat similar to when Menace of the Underdark was released, or better.

Quote Originally Posted by darthhento View Post
    First off you're mistaking me for someone who's never done a TR. Main is on life #17, and I don't use stones while I'm slowly TRing every two weeks. So much for your "wanting free stuff" remark.

My raiding builds (not my main) heavily depend on multiclassing and the current setup of enhancements. Not a single one of them can benefit from the new proposed enhancements setup without completely reworking the core of the build. I'm not gonna be the one with issues as it'll take me a month at most to re-TR and re-flag my raiders. The issue is for other folks that have a similar problem and take much more than two weeks to cap a toon.

Secondly the new race enhancements are quite different and for a lot of builds staying on the same race is not an option. I don't remember Turbine having an option to change your race without a TR.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirShen View Post
    This is great for those that can LR but Iconic cant LR so what do i do with my multi-class toon now? Im hoping i get to use the mindflayer as many times as i want for free.
    Are you also keeping in mind the current issues with LR and how much that will affect Customer Service? A free True Heart and Otto's XP Stone would be easier I would think.

Community Member

With the amount of changes being made to each class and many builds, you should really provide lesser hearts +20 and/or True hearts with an Ottos box, as was also suggested.

I personally like the enhancement system, but you ARE destroying some builds.

We can't opt out. Stop punishing us for playing your game.

I'm normally pretty laid back about such things, and I LIKE the EP overall, but I'd lean heavily towards "something better." I have at least one toon that needs some serious adjustment of classes. Some would benefit from a chance of race. Make it so. ;-)
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

We are fast approaching the day, we need information NOW so we can make plans, especially if you are going to go with an insufficient plan to address peoples concerns. A LR or even a +5 LR is not sufficient. Don't punish us for playing your game by forcing sweeping changes onto us with no recourse.

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    With the amount of changes being made to each class and many builds, you should really provide lesser hearts +20 and/or True hearts with an Ottos box, as was also suggested.

Not an Otto's box - just a Stone of XP (the stacking kind), a couple sovereign elixirs, a True Heart, an LR +20 (for those still in heroic levels), and a way to fast track to level 8 for all existing toons.
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dlsidhe View Post
    Not an Otto's box - just a Stone of XP (the stacking kind), a couple sovereign elixirs, a True Heart, an LR +20 (for those still in heroic levels), and a way to fast track to level 8 for all existing toons.
    Woops yeah... no need for an ottos box, that's overkill. I did mean just the stone, said it that way to ensure it was yes, a stackable, actually useful stone A couple of potions to even out the last few levels from 16-20 to get me back where i am now would be much appreciated as well, but I'd really just like a way to repair any of my characters that need it.

I *MIGHT* pay for the expansion, if it ends up worth it.

I can guarantee you I will not pay for a heart to repair characters turbine breaks. And with me having less characters to play because they're shelved, you'll be losing yet more players.

Make it right Turbine; stop punishing your long term players, your long term payers, and those who support you.

Community Member

Taking away the devotion line for a ranger means I will need to switch to a half elf with cleric dil or add another class to boost my UMD to heal. I think the decisions you made to take away things hat were never overpowered to begin with is going to require some significaant character changes beyond a lesser reincarnation.

Hero

The nice civilized way: A simple LR would be discouraging. To me it signals an attempt to profit even more off the enhancement pass by forcing those build who won't work after the Xpac to buy +hearts from the store.

What I really think: If this were to happen (solely a LR) it would be akin to large middle finger shoved in many of our faces.

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post

+1

Quote Originally Posted by grausherra View Post
    A LR or even a +5 LR is not sufficient. Don't punish us for playing your game by forcing sweeping changes onto us with no recourse.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    The nice civilized way: A simple LR would be discouraging. To me it signals an attempt to profit even more off the enhancement pass by forcing those build who won't work after the Xpac to buy +hearts from the store.

What I really think: If this were to happen (solely a LR) it would be akin to large middle finger shoved in many of our faces.
    +100

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post

Get ready for the finger then; selling more hearts in the store is obviously more important than not screwing over players, or he'd never have even mentioned that just a free LR was even a possibility they were considering.

Good thing there is an easy way to fix broken characters, just buy from the store! I personally love getting my wallet milked like a dairy cow, it's why I play this game!

Hope it's a +20 heart.

Community Member

I'd like to see a djinni cake with a few packages, say one with two +5 hearts, one with a true heart and an xp stone, and one with supreme +4 tome. That should make most people happy.

I know it's against Turbine's general policy, but I really think you're better off going big here. A lot of casual players will just throw their hands up with character breaking change like this if they don't have a reasonable way of fixing it. Sure us forum types will complain, but keep playing, but that's not true for a lot of people. Give people a way to fix their toons even if it means missing out on a few sales.
    Last edited by SerPounce; 07-11-2013 at 01:13 PM.
    Gildus, Sabathiel, Einion, Yhvain

Cannith

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    I'd like to see a djinni cake with a few packages, say one with two +5 hearts, one with a true heart and an xp stone, and one with supreme +4 tome. That should make most people happy.
    That sounds like delicious cake.

Will that include the Bladeforged Iconic?

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post

I know it's against Turbine's general policy, but I really think you're better off going big here. A lot of casual players will just throw their hands up with character breaking change like this if they don't have a reasonable way of fixing it. Sure us forum types will complain, but keep playing, but that's not true for a lot of people. Give people a way to fix their toons even if it means missing out on a few sales.
    I don't know about the cake, but I agree if Turbine goes big (maybe True Heart + Otto's Stone) many people will be so happy with that freebie they will potentially forget all about the nerfs to their characters.

Community Member

How about just 2000 free TP per character that existed before, say, the day Lamannia closed?

That way we can buy whatever hearts, boxes, or XP boosts we need to redo our characters for the EP?

There will be some news on this Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by unacceptable View Post
    Taking away the devotion line for a ranger ...
    Wait for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SirShen View Post
    Will that include the Bladeforged Iconic?
    Iconic characters unfortunately will not be able to reincarnate with Update 19, though any kind of reincarnation gift would still be given to those characters and usable when we implement Iconic reincarnation.

There will be some news on this Soon.
    Interesting.

We talking significant changes from last set of stuff?

I can appreciate the tough spot Turbine is in with this. A complete redo is probably too much to give. A true heart + super stone is more than a respec, it's essentially a "free" past life, so that's probably too much as well.

I think I'd like to see a whole new mechanic, not just a new dialog option from Kruz. Like maybe go into the Hall of Heroes (or whatever) and talk to some oracle or somesuch that lets you reroll the following:

- Your race
    - Your alignment
    - Your stats/skills/feats/spells (of course)
    - Up to half your class levels to change (no more than 10 levels for a capped alt)

Instead of using a running count of changes each time you take a level in a class different from your original build, have it wait until you finish and then count up your new class levels and compare to your old class levels and then throw an exception if more than half the total has changed. Have no actual changes apply to the character until they finish respeccing, pass verification, and then relog and retype your name like how it works to initiate a TR.

As a specific example, let's say a 12/8 human build decides they need to change to 10/5/5 helf but have no idea when they took each of their 12/8 levels two years ago when they last leveled this raid alt to cap. Under this new mechanic, they'd be free to pick any class at any level, then at the end it would show that 5 levels have changed (2 of the 12 went to the last "5", 3 of the 8 went to the last "5") and since 5 isn't more than half of 20 it passes muster.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast