Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Here's to hoping the give a +20 lesser heart and a race change coupon.

(I got jokes)
    Yes. I doubt it, but yes, with all the fundamental changes, this would only be fair.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisP.Fancypants View Post
    No doubt they'll give us a way to respec. The bigger issue is whether they'll do it in a sensible way that doesn't break things and tie up CS for weeks (free dragon blood!), or whether we'll get another "free LR"-type debacle.

Remember that? From the last time? When they could've just given everyone the appropriate heart, but instead recoded the Krug process and broke toons left and right?
    <sigh> Yes, why do something the simple way (redo the Enhancement UI) when you can make it much more complicated AND **** off your customers at the same time! Bonus!

/sarcasm

I am not looking forward to anything about U19

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisP.Fancypants View Post
    Remember that? From the last time? When they could've just given everyone the appropriate heart, but instead recoded the Krug process and broke toons left and right?
    Yep, ill just say im not going to be the first one over getting the free LR when this goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by sk3l3t0r View Post
    I am far from an expert on what the ehancement pass will bring, from what I am reading, some major changes are coming that will make many builds less fun to play. Will there be a way to respec / TR our toons to at least allow us to tweak our builds so they will be fun to play after the anhancement pass? I see lots of negativity, but don't really understand what the positives are...if there are any?

It's nearly depressing to log into the forums and read nothing but doom and nothing positive about the enhancement pass.

FOr my sorc it just sounds like I will TR out of that life into something else and never play a sorc again. Is anything good coming out of the enhancement pass? There doesn't seem be anything exciting to look forward to, all I am reading is theat everything is getrting nerfed. What are we actually getting out of the changes that is a good thing?

They need to offer the free LR due to the change for Dragon marks. The 3 feats for all become 1 with 3 enhancements from what I have read. That frees up 2 feats for those that have all 3 feats running.

My SD will now have 2 free feats to select more offense based feats from.
    Schadel TR FVS | Whathitme 2TR human stalwart tank |Whatwas TR Barbarian/Fighter--FuryoftheWild | Kpavio Monk/fighter| Whatsnyp Artificer | Skullzz all purpose Druid| Whatcast elf AM| Nobuffforu Acrobat Warchanter

On Lama during the Alpha pass they confirmed free LR's for all characters.

Since then, they haven't said anything concrete but during one of the dev talks on Lama recently they said they were still investigating giving out level changing LR's.

Here's my suggestion. Give an account bound LR+1 to all characters and one true heart per account. Add a recipe to the stone of change that takes two LR+1's and produces a LR+3. (In addition to a month plus of free normal LR's).

Not really sure for an update that so greatly changes class levels to enh relationship how to really fully compensate all the player types with different amounts of alt'itis while not just giving LR+20 away for free. Based on what's there now I'll probably LR+2 -> LR+4 a few toons and TR others (before Epic TR update)... which is another bag of crazy that may wipe out all those LR+4's I just did if epic tr becomes a system worth doing. *shrug*
    I ran a Ravenloft Fan Video Trailer Contest. Thanks for all the entries. Checkout the winners:
    Details Here

The Hatchery

I'm still waiting to hear something more concrete about this, since this'll impact a lot of my characters. I'm not sure I could face redoing all my 30 characters just to get them viable again...

Community Member

imho, the only thing that is fair would be to give everyone a free LR+8.

This way people who have 12/6/2 can change them either to pure, 18/2, or other splits as will be seen with the pass.

Should not be any higher so as not to allow the use of them to gain a different past-life for TR.
    ~~ Adrunil - Rogue. Halfling, big guy you can't miss him. ~~
    ~~ Adrunel - Monkcher. (Moncher?) ~~
    Robodoc - FvS Evoker-Healer. Post 19: Ended up LRing into 13/7 forc
    Orien server.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SSFWEl View Post
    imho, the only thing that is fair would be to give everyone a free LR+8.

This way people who have 12/6/2 can change them either to pure, 18/2, or other splits as will be seen with the pass.

Should not be any higher so as not to allow the use of them to gain a different past-life for TR.
    That's the compromise I was thinking, too...enough levels to redo your character without changing the core class. I imagine more people will be adding ON splashes than taking OFF splashes, going into the EP. But you shouldn't be able to completely change the core of your build.

Alternatively, I might like to see them give us the option to either get a LR +X token, or get a free True Heart and a Special Stone of XP that took you to 20. So you can either choose to revamp your character into the current system, or get a chance to cash out your chips early and start a new life in the new system without completely rerolling or having to play up to 20 in a class you might no longer enjoy. Some classes (ie clerics, barring something wonderful in Warpriest) are having their core playstyle changed pretty dramatically, and you might not want to play the class at all post-EP. That second option would have to be a surprise on launch day, though, for obvious reasons....

Anything less then a True Heart and an XP stone 1-20 won't be enough at the current state of where Enchancement pass is going.
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by darthhento View Post
    Anything less then a True Heart and an XP stone 1-20 won't be enough at the current state of where Enchancement pass is going.
    I do believe this would be fair, considering what they're doing to many of my builds. But somehow I doubt this will happen.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

You think it's so bad that can't see a single viable build that would benefit from the new enhancements?

If you can then, you have plenty of time to get yourself ready to TR into it with much excitement.

If you can't then what good will a free TR and a free pass back to 20 get you?

Unfortunately posts like that come across as someone just wanting lots of free stuff rather than any genuine issues that need to be addressed.

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    You think it's so bad that can't see a single viable build that would benefit from the new enhancements?
    I'm sure there are some. But there are also a great number that won't. Better to err on the side of the customer's interest, surely?

If you can then, you have plenty of time to get yourself ready to TR into it with much excitement.
    I'm sorry, but not all of us actually enjoy the TR grind. Not to mention having to do it for a large percentage of my 30 characters.

For me, it will give me my characters back, more or less ready to play, without having to regrind a TR just because Turbine figured it'd be fun to fundamentally change the game systems 7 years after launch.
    In other games I've played when they make huge sweeping changes I've gotten a free respec to get my character back to playing status right where he was before the change, without forcing me to start the char over just to get him back to being playable.

Unfortunately posts like that come across as someone just wanting lots of free stuff rather than any genuine issues that need to be addressed.
    Free stuff? I just want my characters to be playable without having to put even more effort into them Whether that is a TR heart and a 1-20 stone, or a LR+20 and a race change (probably two or three, to make sure we can redo it again when the inevitable "rebalancing" comes), I don't care. I just don't want to have to redo my chars from the bottom up, just to get them back to being playable. IMO, if even a single of my characters have to be redone that way, it'd be too many.

Quote Originally Posted by skullzz View Post
    They need to offer the free LR due to the change for Dragon marks. The 3 feats for all become 1 with 3 enhancements from what I have read. That frees up 2 feats for those that have all 3 feats running.

My SD will now have 2 free feats to select more offense based feats from.
    This is great for those that can LR but Iconic cant LR so what do i do with my multi-class toon now? Im hoping i get to use the mindflayer as many times as i want for free.

First off you're mistaking me for someone who's never done a TR. Main is on life #17, and I don't use stones while I'm slowly TRing every two weeks. So much for your "wanting free stuff" remark.

My raiding builds (not my main) heavily depend on multiclassing and the current setup of enhancements. Not a single one of them can benefit from the new proposed enhancements setup without completely reworking the core of the build. I'm not gonna be the one with issues as it'll take me a month at most to re-TR and re-flag my raiders. The issue is for other folks that have a similar problem and take much more than two weeks to cap a toon.

Secondly the new race enhancements are quite different and for a lot of builds staying on the same race is not an option. I don't remember Turbine having an option to change your race without a TR.
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    Well, i can appreciate how great it would be if they could somehow give us all a free +x greater reincarnation. I have no idea how hard that would be for them to code, especially since there is no such function currently in the game. Plus i can see how lots of things could potentially go wrong with it bug wise.
    maybe two of the LR that allow the highest ammount of changes available? and maybe with a timer reduction?

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    I'm still waiting to hear something more concrete about this, since this'll impact a lot of my characters. I'm not sure I could face redoing all my 30 characters just to get them viable again...
    Likewise...

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    But you shouldn't be able to completely change the core of your build.
    As it looks like the EP could in some cases change the core of your build, a player should be able to change it when the EP goes live. Just my opinion.

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    As it looks like the EP could in some cases change the core of your build, a player should be able to change it when the EP goes live. Just my opinion.
    Indeed. I'm not the one changing the core of my builds, Turbine is.

Founder

Thumbs up

First off you're mistaking me for someone who's never done a TR. Main is on life #17, and I don't use stones while I'm slowly TRing every two weeks. So much for your "wanting free stuff" remark.

My raiding builds (not my main) heavily depend on multiclassing and the current setup of enhancements. Not a single one of them can benefit from the new proposed enhancements setup without completely reworking the core of the build. I'm not gonna be the one with issues as it'll take me a month at most to re-TR and re-flag my raiders. The issue is for other folks that have a similar problem and take much more than two weeks to cap a toon.

Secondly the new race enhancements are quite different and for a lot of builds staying on the same race is not an option. I don't remember Turbine having an option to change your race without a TR.
    Thank you, a great explanation for why this is needed

We plan to include a lesser reincarnation, somewhat similar to when Menace of the Underdark was released, or better.

Exact details are still being determined.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast