Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guild bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue100000005 View Post
    Dont you hate it when you ask a real question and some toolbag gives a completely worthless retort??

Yes, people that dont invest time into the guild are not valuable members, if that makes me a bad person, so be it.
    Exactly!

People don't seem to understand {and yes I'm counting the Devs in this statement!} that...

People LEAVE this game NEVER to come back - LOTS of them!

Are we supposed to keep these people in our guilds indefinitely or something?

For me - One Month is more than enough to tell that someone isn't coming back - I've never seen one single person I've booted for inactivity back online at any time in the past THREE YEARS!
    Sometimes I give people 5 or even 6 weeks {dependant on whether there's been a larger than usual amount of people go inactive at the same time - or if it's someone I have a feeling will be back}.
    I'm NOT Booting every single inactive on 1 Month exactly!

Oh and it's 1 Month for Inactivity - NOT 3 weeks {and certainly NOT 2 weeks} - Though Many Guilds in game give 2 weeks or 3 weeks as Booting times!
    Some give even less - I joined one guild on Argo that insisted on 7 days and Boot!

One Month is NOT an unacceptably low length of time to expect at least ONE log in during you know!

P.S. As for the original question - My Guild is currently on 8 recent departures and we have 13 active accounts and 2 inactives which I daren't boot!
    It's been quite a bit longer than 2 weeks for at least 5 of those 8 departures now!
    In fact I'd say that 2 {possibly 3 of them were booted more than a month ago!

I'm guessing that the Devs DID switch off Recent departures when switching off guild decay {and I'm seriously hoping it IS a Bug and NOT WAI!}.

Can we get a Dev comment on this please.

Community Member

Inactives do not count toward guild size, and therefore have no effect on guild bonus or renown decay. Per DDO wiki, there is reduced penalty for kicking someone between 30 and 180 days, and no penalty for kicking someone after 180 days no login (with respect to renown earned). Recent departures still go up for a fortnight, though.

Unless you are such a large guild that you need the name slots, you are better off just leaving them be.

As for those that just log in every 3-4 weeks to stay on the active list after agreeing to be fully active and participating members, they may be better off with a more casual guild. This counts as a behaviour issue.

As for whether someone official takes notice of this problem, there may be a better section of this forum in which to post. Technical Assistance, maybe?
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Default Recent Departures not being removed after 2 weeks

I'm seeing this as well, have had 2 recent departures sitting on the books for more than 14 days. This is costing the guild 30% guild renown bonus until fixed. It seems that the inactive is working fine though, have had one roll into that status yesterday.

Solution, implement a 20-30% guild renown bonus until fixed.
    Bjriand The Great 15/3/2 Warlock/Paladin/Cleric Triple Heroic / Epic / Iconic Completionist - 95 Total lives
    Seyeder 20 Barbarian (Current Project, 7 Past Lives)

Quote Originally Posted by Cableman View Post
    I'm seeing this as well, have had 2 recent departures sitting on the books for more than 14 days. This is costing the guild 30% guild renown bonus until fixed. It seems that the inactive is working fine though, have had one roll into that status yesterday.

Solution, implement a 20-30% guild renown bonus until fixed.
    This is hurting me for far more than 30%, I have 21 recent departures on a guild size now of 10. This is huge. The Devs need to answer this and appease the masses soon. This is BS that they do yet another thing to hurt small guilds without warning.
    "Eye of the Dragon" on Argonessen. "Quest with the best"

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Finding it hard to sympathize with you. Clearly you and the people you kicked weren't a good match, and they are better off without you.
    Wow, a Guild Leader kicks people who were purposefully manipulating his guild and you decide to troll his thread. What server are you on?

Community Member

And telling us would have been nice.

And they were kicked because they would log in once a month to stay active and not contribute after having stated they were active.

Can someone verify that the recent departures has changed???
    ^^ This one was posted while I was waiting for forum site to respond. My first thought was players who have jobs that can suddenly take them away from the game for extended periods (Hot Shot teams, military, etc). Other posts are less judgmental.

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Wow, a Guild Leader kicks people who were purposefully manipulating his guild and you decide to troll his thread. What server are you on?
    As to which server I am on, I play on all of them, and I make sure to look for casual guilds.

Now, can we get back on topic? 21 lasting recent departures in a 10 person guild is quite a dent to bonus. I am still sure that it is an unintended consequence of freezing renown decay for the summer. The bright side is that there is no decay. Sadly, the affected guilds cannot benefit as much as they should. What is the best way of getting developer attention for this problem?

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    ^^ This one was posted while I was waiting for forum site to respond. My first thought was players who have jobs that can suddenly take them away from the game for extended periods (Hot Shot teams, military, etc). Other posts are less judgmental.

As to which server I am on, I play on all of them, and I make sure to look for casual guilds.

Now, can we get back on topic? 21 lasting recent departures in a 10 person guild is quite a dent to bonus. I am still sure that it is an unintended consequence of freezing renown decay for the summer. The bright side is that there is no decay. Sadly, the affected guilds cannot benefit as much as they should. What is the best way of getting developer attention for this problem?
    I have submitted an in game report, got told nothing they could do TS, submitted a support bug report, the response was we dont check these dont expect anything. Then i turned to the forums hoping one of the people that created this monstrosity would respond. Nothing yet.

And when they were accepted into my guild they were told the expectations, they failed to meet them. I didnt kick everyone that fails to get massive renown, just the ones that i know for a fact joined and only logged on once a month to stay active, that is also why i no longer accept anyone that does not have all current characters int he guild.

This is BS that they do yet another thing to hurt small guilds without warning.
    I thought you booted them NOT Turbine?, and to boot 21 in a short period makes we wonder WHO was trying to use WHO

Neither of the two recent departures were boots. One left for Griffons Nest, a larger guild after his friend joined them, he was with us 2 days. One left for an unspecified guild where the rest of her characters were, lost 70K renown from departure and an unremovable recent departure.

We typically don't boot until someone hits the 6 month+ mark, no renown loss at that point and we figure they are not returning at that point.
    Bjriand The Great 15/3/2 Warlock/Paladin/Cleric Triple Heroic / Epic / Iconic Completionist - 95 Total lives
    Seyeder 20 Barbarian (Current Project, 7 Past Lives)

Quote Originally Posted by DogMania View Post
    I thought you booted them NOT Turbine?, and to boot 21 in a short period makes we wonder WHO was trying to use WHO
    If you are really concerned, at least half were over 3 months of inactivity, so i booted them. the others were once a month logs. Perhaps you should be more concerned with the broken mechanics and take your "Concern" elsewhere about ethics.

If you are really concerned, at least half were over 3 months of inactivity, so i booted them. the others were once a month logs. Perhaps you should be more concerned with the broken mechanics and take your "Concern" elsewhere about ethics.
    LOL Im not concerned about anything as it goes in the song "What Will Be Will Be" and I must have hit a point

Quality Assurance

Just for the record, we are aware of this and looking into it. It just takes a while to test.

Community Member

Default *\o/* Official Response! *\o/*

Quote Originally Posted by Gazebo View Post
    Just for the record, we are aware of this and looking into it. It just takes a while to test.
    Thank you.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Thank you.

Can't you just look at the guild logs? NWO has a really nice guild (and character) log.... Would hope that DDO (being a far superior game) would have logs.

Can you just force a hard recount of all guilds member list?

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    Thank you.

Can't you just look at the guild logs? NWO has a really nice guild (and character) log.... Would hope that DDO (being a far superior game) would have logs.

Can you just force a hard recount of all guilds member list?
    Very doubtful as MyDDO {and YourDDO} Still count Characters who haven't been in my guild in 2 years + as Guild Members {and even officers!}.

ALL those Guilds with over 1000 Members on YourDDO - I thought the Max was 1000?
    All those extra characters would have to go!

That's more work than I personally expect the Devs to do {Especially as they seem to have given up on MyDDO entirely!}.

On the other hand....

It would be FANTASTIC if the Devs could do a NEW list of Guilds and Guild Members {One that actually updates properly please!

Huzzah, hopefully soon it will be fixed. I know that are guilds loosing out on thousands of renown points daily due to this.

I'm having the same issue.. I removed 6 people/accounts well over two weeks ago and they're still counting as recent departures. Definitely affecting my guild bonus (should now be very small instead of small).

Would this be a bug report or an in game ticket?
    Alts: Arieanne Wightsbane. Mercifulll Fate, Ariesta Tre'Dain, Conqueste Sojurne, Mysadventure Calamitas, Flawlless Victorie, Ransaque Bonus, Ingenius Debilitation, Persistence, Theholyhand Grenade, Dyerseve, and many others...

Thanks for that.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Three recent departures from my guild on Sarlona should be falling off sometime this week (Friday or Saturday, I think, I wasn't logged in when they left) and one should have fallen off a while ago, if that is any help.

Any news on this yet Devs?

It's really annoying to have 8 recent departures in a guild of 13 people {especially when only one of those 8 has been booted in the past MONTH!}

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Any news on this yet Devs?

It's really annoying to have 8 recent departures in a guild of 13 people {especially when only one of those 8 has been booted in the past MONTH!}
    I too am wondering if this is being solved soon. I have lost many tens of thousands of renown due to this. That is massive in a small guild.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast