Community Member

Default Bigby's/Otto's Boxes and. . .Mordenkainen's?

I posted this in another thread but thought it might get more visibility with it's own thread.

Perhaps the Otto's box could cover a DIFFERENT part of the level range that Bigby's box applies to?

Bigby's box to go from 7-15, and Otto's box to go from 15-20.

Level 15 to Level 20 is currently 850,000 XP for a first-lifer. The Otto's box currently gives 930,000 xp on a first-life character but the amount of XP needed to get to 20 is going to increase. So, the amount for a second and third life is going to increase even more. At least this way, any extra experience from XP stones could be split between Epic Levels and EDs evenly.

More importantly, if they make the Otto's box grant a very similar amount of experience as it used to, but slightly more, no one will feel like it is a huge nerf. Both stones of experience could coexist and when used together could put you right back into Epic content!

Also, a bundled pricing for both stones of experience in a single box might make the total TP cost cheaper than buying XP pots to level from 15-20 when all things are considered. The Bigby's Stone would truly be "Handy", in leveling quicker, but Otto's stones would still be "Irresistible" for those that want nothing more than to get straight back to Epic questing.

I could even see niche for adding a Mordenkainen's Magnificent Box for 2995 TP.

My suggested contents would be:

3 Mordenkainen's XP stones for leveling 1-7
    3 Siberys Spirit Cakes
    50 Gold Seal Elixirs of Greater Healing
    25 Major Crafting Experience Elixir (get it, Mordenkainen's Disjunction?)
    25 Remote Item Deconstruction

The great thing about having multiple boxes is that it breaks up the level range into several different groups of people that either will/will not purchase a box for that level range. It also discourages people from buying every box available as it gets more expensive the more you get! Not everyone is going to want to spend 12,000 TP to skip all the content, but someone with multiple alts that they just TR'ed might really be interested in a Mordenkainen's box.

Just my 2 cp.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post
    <...> but the amount of XP needed to get to 20 is going to increase. So, the amount for a second and third life is going to increase even more.
    It's a interesting idea (and I like the idea of different boxes for different levels) but wanted to inform you I think you got it a little backwards with the XP. The curve is going to ease with the higher levels and steepen a little at the lower levels. Purplefooz posted this in the Lama forums:

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleFooz View Post
    We’ve previously mentioned in our Reincarnation discussions that we’ll be reworking the XP curve to be less steep for 2nd and 3rd life reincarnations. Those curves will be ameliorated, so that the increase in XP needed to level isn’t such a drastic increase in the 15-20 range, and so that the lower level ranges require move XP to level.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...es#post5025493

Community Member

Oh, I guess I mis-read that.

I took the flattening of the curve to mean only levels 15-20 but the overall cost to achieve levels 1-20 would actually be more. So, instead of flattening and raising minimum, you think it would be more like a pivot.

You think they are going to change two separate points along the curve? Do you think the total xp cost will go down too or roughly the same?? I guess that is the question.

I thought overall it would increase, but you could be right.

The Mordenkainen's Box could be even more useful depending on how they change the curve. For bypassing levels 1-7 on two third-lifers, the 2995 TP cost might even be considered relatively inexpensive.

I think a third box could find a niche somewhere, even if they have to adjust the TP cost a little or change the contents ALOT.
    Last edited by Panserbjorne; 07-04-2013 at 04:49 PM.

Default now in the DDo store

want to bypass heroic levels? no time to play DDO, but want the past lives on your TR? want to hurry up and get to level 20 to play 67 quests (39 of which are converted epic level)? now you can. just buy a Mordenkainens Box, a Bigbys Box and a Ottos Box and you can gain the power of a past life in just seconds without playing a single level of heroic content. get all 3 as a bundled package for only 9000 TP.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    want to bypass heroic levels? no time to play DDO, but want the past lives on your TR? want to hurry up and get to level 20 to play 67 quests (39 of which are converted epic level)? now you can. just buy a Mordenkainens Box, a Bigbys Box and a Ottos Box and you can gain the power of a past life in just seconds without playing a single level of heroic content. get all 3 as a bundled package for only 9000 TP.
    You have seriously wrote something similar to this in every thread related to the boxes. At this point your only annoying. And what happens to annoying people? They get ignored. So in essence you sabotaging your own campaign against the boxes.