Default Protection from Tainted Creatures question

I have a level 18 human monk with all the Shintao prestige enhancements. Part of the description says, if I'm not mistaken, that I have Protection from Tainted Creatures (Warding against mental domination and granting a +6 deflection bonus to AC and a +6 resistance bonus to saves against attacks from extraplanar creatures, aberrations, and undead).

When I read this I assumed that "+6 resistance bonus to saves against attacks from..." meant I would have a +6 bonus to my saves from spells cast by these creatures. Is this correct?

I ask because I was just exploring the Eerie Forest yesterday and summoned Varney the Vampire (obviously an undead and, therefore, a tainted creature to my monk). I forgot to wear my deathblock item and was in wind stance. So before I knew it he used destuction on me and I went caput.

My fort save was listed as 24 in my character sheet and when I check my log it said something like: "You rolled a 24+4 failure againts destruction...

Wasn't my fort save supposed to be 30 in this case or am I missing something.

Thanks in advance for the answers

Protection from Tainted Creatures grants resistance only to those spells or spell-like abilities which affect a character's mind and have a will save. Destruction is a fortitude save-or-die spell so is not subject to the bonus.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Thumbs up

Thank you kindly for your clarification