Default Forums and basic features

After months forums are still missing two key features:

1) Staying logged in for a reasonable amount of time (45 minutes is not reasonable for a forum - far from it).
    2) Automatic redirection to the previous page once a person does log in.

These two features are two of the key end user experience features for a forum. I dare you to find any forum with at all comparable user base, that's missing these two essentials.
    It's quite simple, really. Until forums have these two features back*, your users will de facto have an awful user experience on your forums.

*that's the saddest part.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTheHoon View Post
    After months forums are still missing two key features:

1) Staying logged in for a reasonable amount of time (45 minutes is not reasonable for a forum - far from it).

These two features are two of the key end user experience features for a forum. I dare you to find any forum with at all comparable user base, that's missing these two essentials.
    It's quite simple, really. Until forums have these two features back*, your users will de facto have an awful user experience on your forums.

*that's the saddest part.
    Maybe it's just me but I'd like to add an important #3 to the list. The way the forum hangs for up to 5 minutes, randomly, out of nowhere, occasionally ending either at the page you were looking for or a 502 Bad Gateway error page. I don't have this issue on any other site anywhere at anytime.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    Maybe it's just me but I'd like to add an important #3 to the list. The way the forum hangs for up to 5 minutes, randomly, out of nowhere, occasionally ending either at the page you were looking for or a 502 Bad Gateway error page. I don't have this issue on any other site anywhere at anytime.
    That is just the NSA recording your DDO forum viewing habits.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTheHoon View Post
    There is a way to get around this when you want to reply to a thread while logged out; hitting the "Reply with Quote" button will send you to the login screen and then send you to the reply page right away.

I have no idea why this doesn't apply to every login, but at least it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseMilk View Post
    There is a way to get around this when you want to reply to a thread while logged out; hitting the "Reply with Quote" button will send you to the login screen and then send you to the reply page right away.

I have no idea why this doesn't apply to every login, but at least it's possible.
    I always hit "reply with quote" now. If I'm not logged in, I don't think I've seen a regular "reply" button, but reply with quote is always there so I just hit that, then log in, then post my message. The hoops we jump through in order to use a forum.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    The hoops we jump through in order to use a forum.
    My thoughts, exactly.

Also can't edit a post, have to right-click the Edit button and open in a new tab.

Plus my reply box is black and grey and very hard to read... and some links show up as yellow on white (almost impossible to read).

This the worst forum I've ever used on the Internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Also can't edit a post, have to right-click the Edit button and open in a new tab.

Plus my reply box is black and grey and very hard to read... and some links show up as yellow on white (almost impossible to read).

This the worst forum I've ever used on the Internet.
    I agree and I go back to usenet news groups, and "BB's"