Community Member

Default Alchemical Crafting tier 4 upgrades

Currently with the lack of content being added in u18 to the endgame and or repeater farming content the player base is sliding away as people wait for the xpack in u19 which will not be here till mid august it seems. Granted there be a large amount of content at that time the interim months have and will be rough to continue playing through.

I suggest a minor content addition to increase player base activity and enjoyment.
    From my perspective it seems as tho this change would be fairly low workload to design and implement, but I do not work on ddo so have no real idea of possible problems.

My idea would be to add and addition tier to the alchemical crafting weapons, house c and all of its content has been blown away in the wake of u14 and sadly we no longer have much reason to run the raids frequently if at all. This obviously includes the content and gear related to the cannith challenges, but including this may defeat the purpose of this as a quick fill content addition to regain player base lost in the many months since epic GH came out.

Purposed additions:
    Ingrediants:

-For a new tier there would need to be a new set of the simple ingredient set that alchem construction consists of. Simple fix: Add supreme khyber shards for EE and EH at a much lower drop rate.
    -As for spirits you can add (insert adjective) spirit in the same fashion to EH and EE.

Very simple im sure the code is already there and just need to be tweaked into a new item that reacts in the crafting station.

Now for the new weapon additions:
    Add and orange slot to all and +.5[W] and make them all +7 weapons. This will also take weapons to ml 24.
    Martial:

-air: Add greater lightning strike: double the proc rate for lit strike. add doublestrike 10%. Weapon crit threat increased by 1. (Remember to change ranged weapons to doubleshot when the mechanic releases for ranged weaponry )

-earth: +1crit multiplier to the base as well.

-water: Add life stealing. Change freezing ice to epic freezing ice(or some such name) increase DC keep the proc rate the same. Also add 1 low frequency proc of very high damage(think 800-1.2k) salt wave, crushing salt....whatever you may want to call it.

-fire:Add greater incineration, add conflagrating , add exceptional seeker 8, add radiance

When becoming upgrading to level 24 it would be preferable to have all of the DC related effects(earth grab, freezing...etc to epic version in which the saves are brought to viable levels in endgame. Dcs around 55 each)

(Additional ideas:
    Add a special crafting item that can drop from lob or MA that will allow the attack and damage stats to be changed. These our own specialy crafted weapons personalized for our toons so we should be able to add (whatever name) stone of dex to hit and damage if our character is specialized for finesse. Add one rare stone for each stat, five total. Drop on all difficulty, higher drop rates on higher difficulty.)

Mystical:
    This portion of upgrades should be very easy the main thing that needs to happen to make these items viable again is increasing the DC portion from Tier 3 to a +3 dc and the spell power from tier 2 to 120 to match current levels. That can be adjusted by just having that happen initially when upgraded and have that large portion of the upgrade unrelated to the spirit chosen in the t4 recipe.

As for added spirit related portions to the weapons:
    -air: +20 stacking electricity spell power and +20 stacking metal type spell power
    -earth: +20 stacking acid spell power and +20 stacking metal type spell power
    -water: +20 stacking ice spell power and +20 stacking metal type spell power
    -fire: +20 stacking fire spell power and +20 stacking metal type spell power

Shields: Increase DR and armor bonuses to match equal level EE gh shield levels.

Thank you for your time and making it this far. I as well as many other of my fellow players often discuss how well made these raids are and how much we would enjoy playing them again if they were to be just tweaked slightly in loot.

This post has been modified some what from the PMs ive sent to several devs, I'd like to see the everyone discuss the viability of these changes ive come up with.

~Alk
    Last edited by Alkot; 07-04-2013 at 01:56 PM.
    Alkkarn Alkkine Alkine Roubot Alkot Alkky
    On argo cuz its better than you!

Community Member

Reserved for future use if needed.

Community Member

Yes.
    ALK is right on track with this. Why hasn't anybody responded? The entire House C is near useless............all that content and maybe, maybe 6 good items. The alch weapons are near useless besides Repeaters and Wraps =/ Still not as good as the time invested in making them.

Fix Alchemical Weapons, make them viable and usable end game, make the procs possible to land on an epic mob more than 5% of the time

Something should be done, you can loot items from chests that rival alchemical weapons, and that is not cool

/signed
    /signed
    /signed
    /signed
    /signed
    /signed
    /signed
    /signed
    /signed

Already 10 signatures.

This is a much-needed change that would revitalize endgame while also encouraging store purchases for people to buy the pack.

Community Member

bump

/signed already

hell i'd be happy if they just made the xp in this pack reasonable. that would get people running it immediately. I have been asking for that for a year and they have made no response. Its like this pack was made and forgotten about immediately. I wouldn't get your hopes up for any changes. Like many packs that are half assed by these guys it will just die and never be used.

But for what its worth /signed

what I find interesting is that, even though its a 1 level difference, House C quests are considerably more challenging, longer to complete and the xp is a lot less than IQ. there has to be an adjustment to the xp in House C to match the time spent and given the difficulty. if that happened, would it motivate more players to run the quests? maybe a little, but LOB is run once in awhile and its easier to just do a quick flag on normal when out of BB range. theres really not much of a point to even run MA, unless you cant/don't want to buy an alchemical weapon on AH. MA seems to be pretty rare on the lfm. House C can be easily skipped if you don't mind a little xp farming somewhere else like Refuge, IQ and Vale. the biggest value of the pack are the challenges. a lot of people seem to just buy Artificer and theres only maybe a few pieces of named gear that anybody seems to really care about. not too hard to farm for.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    the biggest value of the pack are the challenges.
    The challenges are a different pack (Vault of the Artificers) than the quests and raids (Secrets of the Artificers).

This pack really needs some major changing since the xp and items are pretty much worthless nowdays. It really makes me sad that LoB and MA are so left out since all the weaps got outdated and the effort to make one is huge compared to other items and LoB is by far my favorite and most beutiful raid imo in the game.

Anyway i'd like to see changes like another tier to weaps that can be achieved with a combo of comms and a t4 spirit that can drop on EE mostly and on very low rate on EH and also another upgrade after t4 with comms related only so you can make them a part of a set bonus with the other item set that currently drop on the flagging quests.

So i'd like to see those set items get buffed up too and offer better effects themselves plus set bonuses so they can compete and offer an alternative to most EE items and set bonuses from eGH and CitW.

Also add a comm drop rate similar to FoT's to both LoB and MA to make them more even attractive to the player base and offer yet another alternative to get comms. Actually a droprate similar to FoT should be added to MA and similar to CitW to LoB to balance them out since we can already get upgrade mats from LoB only and all weaps from MA are not bound.

./signed still and hope this thread will be seen and taken in consideration for future changes by devs.
    Gimpfest
    Gorlacon 6th life BF Assassin ~ Gyristroula 6th life Human Disciple of Light ~ Reepz 5th life PDK Kensei ~ Gorlaxz 5th life BF Pala
    Orien

I'd actually like to see tier 4 AND 5 added, which would raise the the weapon to ML24 and ML28 respectively, and have LOB be the new endgame raid that otherwise won't exist.

2014 DDO Players Council

Though I don't object to the OP's suggestions, I think a few simpler changes would help a lot in the short-term:

1) Up the XP on the flagging quests.

2) Fix the crazy material drops in Lord of Blades. What do you mean I have to run it on Heroic Normal and Epic Normal to be able to get certain materials at all? If I'm CAPABLE of running Epic Hard, or Epic Elite, the hardest difficulty I'm capable of running should get me the materials I need in the same or fewer runs than easier difficulties.

You can currently only get Tier 1 fragments from Heroic Normal. Tier 1 should drop on EVERY difficulty, so you're not punished by doing a harder difficulty.
    You can currently only get Tier 3 spirits on Epic Normal. Why don't these drop in Epic Hard and Epic Elite, and at higher drop rates?
    You can currently only get Tier 3 fragments on Epic Hard and Epic Elite. These should drop, at a lower drop rate, on Epic Normal.

3) Make Epic Elite raids (all of them, not just MA/LoB) drop +5 tomes at the same tiny drop rate as CitW or FoT.

4) Even without adding a tier 4, just tweak the Tier 3 abilities. Spellpower should be 120, not 90. +DC should be +3, not +2. Martial and Mystical should both have a Red slot. Martial Tier 3 should have +[w] or something, and an additional kicker of some sort.

I agree that House C content only needs a little bit of a refresh to make it very interesting again.
    Someone got it wrong. Everyone expected the Spanish Inquisition because they were required to give 30 days notice, by law.
    I can be found on Orien. My more active toons are Cilon, Solstone in Your Pack, and sometimes Acroyer.