Hybrid View

Community Member

Default Please reverse puchase of Bigby's Box

In a rush of "woohoo! The boxes are back!" I purchased a Bigby's Box. Before I even opened mine, guildies let me know that the stone is 7-15 instead of 8-16 (which I should have read for myself), XP boosts are not working on it (which wasn't stated anywhere and is contradictory to previous Otto's boxes), and people are reportedly only being leveled to 14 not 15!

Unopened box is currently sitting in my shared bank. Please remove it and refund my TP.

Thank you.
    Andrialla / Archellus / Corylone / Rorifeela / Rugare / Slappi / Sylvarian
    Knight of The Silver Legion (Forum name: Rugar)
    Cannith

Community Member

Default Irony

Players have been complaining about level 15 for years....YEARS on these forums and in party chats and in tells and in channel chats and in voice chat.

And Turbine thinks we need "Iconic Classes" that start at what level? Yes FIFTEEN.

And now a box that takes us straight to what level? Yes FIFTEEN.

Some very clever strategic thinking going on over there in the control room!.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelphistez View Post
    In a rush of "woohoo! The boxes are back!" I purchased a Bigby's Box. Before I even opened mine, guildies let me know that the stone is 7-15 instead of 8-16 (which I should have read for myself), XP boosts are not working on it (which wasn't stated anywhere and is contradictory to previous Otto's boxes), and people are reportedly only being leveled to 14 not 15!

Unopened box is currently sitting in my shared bank. Please remove it and refund my TP.

Thank you.
    RTFM on Khyber, Toy Soldiers.

Toy Soldiers PD Roll Builds Guild on Wayfinder.

Community Member

I recognize that my original request was made on a holiday of a long holiday weekend so I have waited patiently for some action on this issue. Turbine has been at work now for approximately 6 hours and no response yet.

Bumping it up, hoping for a little attention.
    Cannith

Community Member

Hello Turbine.

I'm still waiting for a response.
    Cannith

Contact them directly.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Hello Turbine.

I'm still waiting for a response.
    Nobody is going to be able to do refund you because of a post on the forums. I doubt you'll get a refund at all even if you do call them.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that you only level to 14... I'm sure if that was true, there would be many more threads to that effect.

The box does what it says it does. That is not grounds for a refund.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

I love these threads. Product A was highly successful with an unadvertised side effect. Product B does exactly what they advertise it does. People don't complain about the unintended side effect of product A because it benifits them. That's cool.

Then product B comes out and people snap them up assuming , incorrectly, that the same side effect would apply to product B. When it didn't have the unintended side effect of product A they start boo-hooing and demanding their money back.

Have I gotten it about right?

So, if I buy a candy bar from a store and find a diamond inside, that's good. But if I go back a couple weeks later and buy a similar candy bar and it doesn't have a diamond in it, I can demand my money back? Not bloody fricken likely.

That being said, good luck with your "boo-hoo gimme my money back!" crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    This game has been such an absurd grind that I’d rather stick my junk in a beehive than make another toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    An expansion . .. with a set of packs for each plane to come out every month or two . . . it'll be like crack to Whitney Houston.

In a rush of "woohoo! The boxes are back!" I purchased a Bigby's Box. Before I even opened mine, guildies let me know that the stone is 7-15 instead of 8-16 <snip> Unopened box is currently sitting in my shared bank. Please remove it and refund my TP.

Thank you.
    Well since you did not open the box it might be possible but I'm not sure this is the direct way to get help on the issue. I'd call the support line and hopefully you'll get the issue addressed by Turbine. I don't know if you'll get the transaction reversed... good luck and next time remember caveat emptor.

Toons: Tegor - Valask - Markita - Richiurd - Morjak - Mylaphin
    Guild: The Rogue Saints - Sarlona

Community Member

Thanks all for your insight on this problem. For the record, this is *not* the appropriate place to look for resolution of an account problem from Turbine. It's more for help from other players.

With that said, once I opened a ticket via http://support.turbine.com my issues were addressed within 48 hours.

Thank you all again.
    Last edited by Maelphistez; 07-11-2013 at 07:15 PM.
    Cannith

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Thanks all for your insight on this problem. For the record, this is *not* the appropriate place to look for resolution of an account problem from Turbine. It's more for help from other players.

With that said, once I opened a ticket via http://support.turbine.com my issues were addresses within 48 hours.

Thank you all again.
    so did they refund you?
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

They did in fact refund the purchase. There is another problem with the refund that we are working through, but they did refund the TP.
    Cannith