Community Member

Unhappy Hitting the Target

When it comes to hitting enemies, I'm able to make shots that would have Robin Hood crying in envy, but I'm having a terrible/impossible time hitting those target shaped levers you find in the Bargain Bazar and other quests. I've used up hundreds of bolts, arrows, and shuriken trying to hit these things. There must be something simple I'm overlooking. Clicking on the target, leaving the mouse on top of it are some of the things I've tried. Any suggestions?
    “You can be full of kindness and love, but you cannot sleep next to a mad dog.”
    Ashin Wirathu, Burmese monk.

Community Member

Target the lever, then go to mouse-look mode (either toggle with T or hold the RMB) and aim for the top of the lever to make sure your shot won't hit the top of the arch, as high up as possible and still have the reticle show you've got something targeted. I think that's the trick, although I haven't checked to see if it really makes a difference; I just know it seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by friendly_fire View Post
    I'm having a terrible/impossible time hitting those target shaped levers you find in the Bargain Bazar and other quests.
    Use your mouse.

Press and hold the left mouse button -- this causes a small circle to appear. As you continue to hold the left mouse button pull that circle over the lever. A red targeting circle will appear. Press the right mouse button to shoot an arrow/bolt/throw.

It should work every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Therigar View Post
    Use your mouse.

Press and hold the right mouse button -- this causes a small circle to appear. As you continue to hold the right mouse button pull that circle over the lever. A red targeting circle will appear. Press the left mouse button to shoot an arrow/bolt/throw.

It should work every time.
    Fixed in red. Too many mouse buttons sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    Fixed in red. Too many mouse buttons sometimes
    I probably am using the classic key map. It works just how I posted it for me.

However, I will note that I found a reference to the key mapping that indicates that the mouse keys are as you've indicated for new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Therigar View Post
    I probably am using the classic key map. It works just how I posted it for me.

However, I will note that I found a reference to the key mapping that indicates that the mouse keys are as you've indicated for new players.
    Key mapping, making me look bad all the time

Community Member

Default Thanks everyone for the advice.

Thanks for the suggestions. Alas, I've changed so many keys that it didn't help. But I found a way. I keep using my eternal acid wand until I hit the target, then change to a returning throwing weapon. I can see exactly where the acid goes, so I know if my aim is good.
    Thanks again.
    “You can be full of kindness and love, but you cannot sleep next to a mad dog.”
    Ashin Wirathu, Burmese monk.