Default solo rogue + hireling with Intimidate

How helpful are hirelings with Intimidate for a rogue that is soloing?

Will hirelings automatically use Intimidate (like the Artificer dog) or does it have to be manually clicked (and hot-keyed most likely)?

I suppose you'll have to keep your hireling healed but since I solo quite often, it would be nice to have another option for getting sneak attack damage.

I never tried hirelings with intimidate in particular, but hirelings set to aggressive behavior can let you deal SA damage quite often, especially if you have Subtle Backstabbing.

Community Member

Bluff.

While intimidate from another source is beneficial, focus on ensuring you make good use of the bluff skill for sneaking.

Once you are high enough combine in Blinding effects with deception and improved deception items. It'll really make it easier than trying to control a hireling to tank for you.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassJaw View Post
    How helpful are hirelings with Intimidate for a rogue that is soloing?

Will hirelings automatically use Intimidate (like the Artificer dog) or does it have to be manually clicked (and hot-keyed most likely)?

I suppose you'll have to keep your hireling healed but since I solo quite often, it would be nice to have another option for getting sneak attack damage.
    They don't use intimidate automatically. Might be a better option taking a healer hire and use diplo. It might last longer... maby.
    NESALOMLJIVI, Thelanis

Tanya Brightstone : FvS with holy smite
    -= Proud member of the MAC guild on Khyber =-
    Aganthor (Completionist (4/13), Human Paladin, L7)
    Alts: Caitlan (Ftr) / Gimlinas (Barb) / Chakmar (Sorc) / Shureyoucan (Monk) / Nessyia (Ranger), Dystran (Cleric), Karkwa (Rogue-Acrobat), Mekkanik (WF FvS), etc.