Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rendron View Post
    there was some1 telling me in game that this nice new stone just lvl you up to lvl 14 right now. kan some1 confirm this?

best offer no pot and stuff stacks and a lvl less than its in the text stands
    Rendron, if I read your post correctly, the answers to your questions can be found here with the announcement:
    https://www.ddo.com/en/news/limited-...um=storeforums

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Bonus sources of XP do not stack with the Stone of Experience provided in the Bigby's Handy Box.
    Ouch! You made a complete liar out of QuartermasterX, here is what he said in this thread:

"Agreed... we will have something even nicer than Otto's Box this time around! "

... and you guys release a box with a crappy stone instead... you should have told him you were only putting nerfed stones in these boxes so he wouldn't have been so enthusiastic.

I reiterate to you now what I told you on 08-31-2011 Cordovan.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by unacceptable View Post
    Thank you for not making the change retroactive to the ottos boxes. We assumed that was working as intended when we bought since it was widely know for 5 months the last time you sold the otto's boxes.

This seems reasonable to me if you never intended for the boxes to provide these extra bonuses.
    are you sure they didn't make it retroactive to Otto's?? they didn't say that the XP bonuses would work with Otto's and not Bigby's. they just said the bonuses wouldn't work with Bigby's.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravand View Post
    Rendron, if I read your post correctly, the answers to your questions can be found here with the announcement:
    https://www.ddo.com/en/news/limited-...um=storeforums

no thats not what i ment. in the announcment stand its an level 15 stone but the guy in game told me the stone got him only to lvl 14.

Community Member

Thumbs down

Oh please power gamer and impatient types, please please run update 18 quests with our iconics. They are sooooo awesome :/

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post
    are you sure they didn't make it retroactive to Otto's?? they didn't say that the XP bonuses would work with Otto's and not Bigby's. they just said the bonuses wouldn't work with Bigby's.
    I transported a full Box over to Lamannia and opened it, got a Level 16 stone (from level 8).

The only thing was, it refused to work.

Attempting the Bigby Box in a moment to see if it's just all XP stones that are messed up, or something else.

I-J1NG

Bonus sources of XP do not stack with the Stone of Experience provided in the Bigby's Handy Box.
    Cordovan,

Thank you for providing an honest answer.

Some feedback for you the QuarterMasterX: Levels 7-15 (and 8-16) are pretty easy and have enough content to not get overly bored going through them. Its as we hit the level 14+ content (so level 16 for most TRs) that it starts to become a grind. I have never had nor used an xp stone, but as I add more past lives I was considering it. I have saved up some TP and was watching to see what the next sale would be. Alas, a 7-15 stone, which bypasses some really great content, but doesn't stack with other xp bonuses and thus does not bypass the more grind-like 17-20 levels is not an attractive buy.

I'll be watching to see if you put up a better deal later.
    /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    Agreed... we will have something even nicer than Otto's Box this time around!
    I was just getting ready to TR my ranger, I was on the line getting a Otto's box when I saw them for the first time the last time they came out. After seeing what this box gives, how is this "Even Nicer". I fail to see how this is nicer and wont be buying any ......period.
    Member of Mythical

Community Member

I also really appreciate the heads up here. I hate to be a butt about it, but I will be saving many many TP by not buying it. Otto's is awesome because it takes bonuses. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought it either.

I'm willing to buy many for some of my later lives that I'm not looking forward to. Without this downside, it's a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I cant imagine they wouldn't, if they ever release another Otto's Box. The Stone was never meant to take you all the way to 20 by stacking up a bajillion XP bonuses. It was supposed to get you to 16, so you can focus on endgame content and skip the midgame grind. It wasn't supposed to be an "instant TR in a box"
    level 16 is not endgame. or even close to endgame.
    Shmuel Xadin Xadins Errand Mohnster Yitzhak

Community Member

Getting from 7-15 isn't that difficult.

If they added 16-20 stones, to get over the huge low-XP area, that would be insanely popular.

Even 18-20 would be huge.

Geoff.

PHEW!! I hate to admit it, but I had become increasingly addicted to the Otto's Boxes this year. First time around I bought 2. Second time I bought 3, last time I bought 6!!!!!

I will not be buying any of these boxes, so thank you for helping me to break a very expensive addiction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

Hmm, well, it will take people a bit longer to level from 15 to 20 instead of from 18.8 to 20, but you've given them enough free potions in the box that they can still get there without any additional purchases. If you were to let them use XP potions on the stone, you would almost certainly sell an extra 50% potion for every box. Whether that extra sale is worth it or not, I guess I'm not the person with the numbers in front of me to make that choice. You're definitely going to limit your sale of boxes though. Getting to 15 is easy. Getting over that 15 to nearly 19 hump was what made the other boxes so desirable IMO.
    ~ Cheara : Raizertron : Pozitron : Higgz Bowtron : Illudium : Staphe Infection : Abraa Capocus ~
    Nooby McNoobsalot
    Ghallanda Rerolled

so I was thinking about this Bigby Box and Ottos and looked at them with a more serious mind. why release Bigby when Ottos is so much better? there has to be a reason why sell a skipping stone that wont let xp boosts stack. are they to replace the Ottos eventually? since theres significant more xp grind from 15-20, maybe Ottos was dipping into xp pot sales? im leaning more to put players more in line with Iconics. looks like a win win for Turbine.

Wow. Glad I read this before before I wasted $80 buying a couple...
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

This is exactly the sort of information which should be stated clearly on the item description in the store and advertisments.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Community Member

The Otto's stones kinda matched up with MotU, no? Bump you up to 16 so you could get through to Eveningstar. I think previous posters are correct in tying the new stones to the arrival of Iconics (15). This way normal classes can more easily catch up with their buddies who want to drive Iconics.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    The Otto's stones kinda matched up with MotU, no? Bump you up to 16 so you could get through to Eveningstar. I think previous posters are correct in tying the new stones to the arrival of Iconics (15). This way normal classes can more easily catch up with their buddies who want to drive Iconics.
    They could do that with an Otto's box stone though.

No reason they couldn't stop at 15 and run quests with their buddies if they wanted.

I fail to see any good reason for a nerf here. Oh well, very easy decision to make regarding whether or not to buy one!

Was actually saving up for the day they would reoffer otto's stones, to buy 20+, now I will buy zero.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

And btw, if you guys were offering these stones for people to play with iconics than you should fix the XP curve for levels 15-20. I know you are "working. On it", but until levels 15-20. Become less of a nightmare expect people to find anyway they can to avoid those levels and for new players to ddo rolling up iconics to have no one to play with and eventually quit.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast