Default What to do with my blue dragon scales

I assembled a set of 20 blue dragon scales to get the armor for my divine caster. The entire purpose of doing this was to gain the effect of greater arcane lore.

If what i read is true, after the enhancement pass, this effect will only provide a 3% crit chance, i.e. worthless.

Should i sell the dragon scales, knowing full well that i am screwing anyone who buys them?

Should i just give them to someone, and tell them to enjoy the armor for the next couple of months before it is made worthless?

Is there any hope that this change will not go into effect, and maybe i should just hang onto them?

On a side note, i have a couple of guildies who are currently farming the tome pieces to get a skiver for their arcanes. I suppose i should tell them to stop doing that, since lore items are scheduled to become useless.

Is the goal of this change to devalue gear for the sake of newer players who don't have it? I guess i really don't understand.

The skiver only has a 2% chance on it.... There will probably be random gen loot with 3 or 4% that negates all of the tome or scale farming anyone ever did.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    The skiver only has a 2% chance on it.... There will probably be random gen loot with 3 or 4% that negates all of the tome or scale farming anyone ever did.
    Yeah, the blue armor is incredibly underwhelming come the enhancement pass. Sigh. Might as well enjoy it / sell it. Whatever you prefer. They haven't really said much about the overall direction of spell crits, but they seem to be going from khophesh like to longsword like.

As to the skiver, it still gives efficient empower 2. That can be a nice cost saver in the right setup. It is around a stacking 150 - 200sp / shrine for my sorc. Still useful. Especially given the lack of gear caster's will have / need with the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    If i found a random item with a 4% proc rate on it, it would quickly be turned into essences. A 4% chance to get double damage? Woot! At least it frees up a gear slot, since all lore items will quickly become sub-standard to virtually anything else you could slot there.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    Should i just give them to someone, and tell them to enjoy the armor for the next couple of months before it is made worthless?
    If you play on Thelanis, then deffinately ^this!^

Just pop 'em into a mail addressed to Myhealer, thank you
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    If you play on Thelanis, then deffinately ^this!^

Just pop 'em into a mail addressed to Myhealer, thank you
    Argonessen unfortunately. I'd use them on my own divine, except he's a wizard right now, and there's no way i could tr him and get him up to the level to use this before the pass.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    I assembled a set of 20 blue dragon scales to get the armor for my divine caster. The entire purpose of doing this was to gain the effect of greater arcane lore.

If what i read is true, after the enhancement pass, this effect will only provide a 3% crit chance, i.e. worthless.

Should i sell the dragon scales, knowing full well that i am screwing anyone who buys them?

Is there any hope that this change will not go into effect, and maybe i should just hang onto them?

On a side note, i have a couple of guildies who are currently farming the tome pieces to get a skiver for their arcanes. I suppose i should tell them to stop doing that, since lore items are scheduled to become useless.

Is the goal of this change to devalue gear for the sake of newer players who don't have it? I guess i really don't understand.
    That is such a bummer. That was one of the better mid-level robes out there for a caster.