Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

What's all this pointless debate about? The box will sell for the red cube pet alone. Everyone in the room knows this. So we can put away the pie charts and tin foil hats please?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    My best guess is they aren't intentionally fixing it. The fixed happened as a side effect of other changes they made - and I bet it has something to do with eliminating race required weapons and putting masterful craftsmanship on random loot.
    It sounds to me like they are doing a major rewrite of the loot ML code and some stuff, bound loot bonus anyway, is falling through the cracks. That or it's just being replaced by a random chance of masterful craftsmanship on any piece of loot to avoid either doubling up, or having to write more code to prevent doubling up, of masterful and bound ML bonuses.

Eh, I guess it's a matter of perception; I'm disappointed (though not surprised, given how crazybroken it was with Otto's) that XP boosts don't work with Bigby's stone.

That said, I'd much rather level from 15 to 20 than 7 to 15, just because I like the quests better. It's more of a grind, but it's not one I mind vs. ohgodsdon'tmakemerundelera'sagain.

I'll probably get one for my monk. *shrugs* It's not as exciting as it was, but it's not that bad. With Sovereign XP elixirs, it won't take that long from 15 to 20 anyway.

ETA: It also lets me skip running a huge chunk of heroic runs of Epic Content, so I can run House P, VoN, Fens, and House D without immediately getting repetition penalties. That's worth something.
    Last edited by dlsidhe; 07-05-2013 at 06:52 AM.
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Community Member

Default ???

Who cares? It's just more garbage. Hey instead save your money for some do nothing cosmetic pets..

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    You honestly can't think that +6 stat items are a L1 character is WAI?

This should have been fixed long ago instead of letting players get used to it.
    Yes, because ioun stones are +6 to stat and +1 exceptional skill, at ML 5. One of them is spell pen 9 and +200 mana at level 5.

You see, when the first fix happened, they came right out and stated that all new items after the fix would have an ML but items looted before the fix would have no ML. And they said this BEFORE the fix. This is what lead most TR enthusiasts on every server to go crazy farming them before that patch went live.

Hilarious now that stat items have a lower ML than before. +6 used to be ML 13 during at that time, and it is now ML 11 regularly. This will put the rings people took the time to farm behind crafted stat items.
    Last edited by Chai; 07-05-2013 at 04:23 PM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member WilliamBraveheart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    It is possible that both could be made available from time to time.
    Will these stones ever be available by themselves?

Lookin for sumthin to kill!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234