Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    *(voice + guild 3% shrine + 50% xp pot - not including possible weekend bonus and VIP bonus)
    3% shrine? Is that a shrine for ANTS? /zoolander
    Don't forget tome of learning bonus.
    Global XP bonus doesn't affect otto box stones.

should include disclaimer - or like most 'caveat emptor'

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    3% shrine? Is that a shrine for ANTS? /zoolander
    Don't forget tome of learning bonus.
    Global XP bonus doesn't affect otto box stones.
    per other threads and personal experience - tomes don't count, but voice, xp bonus weekends, experience elixirs and guild xp shrines do.

3% because most guilds/players have access to 3% (or greater).

Community Member

Comparing Bigby's stone vs. Otto's Stone for 3rd life and beyond TR's

Straight up - the Otto's version is better because Otto's gives you more xp therefore saving you even more time to 20.

It is very simple math.

Comparison
    basic xp gain with xp pot etc*
    Otto's 2,040,000 3,223,200
    Bigby's 1,955,000 3,088,900

PS if my math is a little off - sorry very tired. need sleep and my kobold powered spell checker is on Union break!

PS - just in:

so comparing apples to oranges.
    Double check, seems like you counted the new stone as going from 5->15, which isn't what I hear it does.

Assuming it's 7->15, the numbers for 3rd TR are
    Bigby's 1,784,000 N/A

So yeah, in simple numbers about half as good as Otto's. In reality far worse because it puts you right into the grinder.

Default They found a way to disappoint, even with the stones.

per other threads and personal experience - tomes don't count, but voice, xp bonus weekends, experience elixirs and guild xp shrines do.

3% because most guilds/players have access to 3% (or greater).
    Just so you don't miss it...... Outside Sources do not affect the stone of change:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5033903

To summarize

Stone in Otto's Box = expensive but something people would want and spend money on.

Stone in Bigby's Box = another nerf from Turbine to something I would have spent cash on.

You have to laugh, but it is classic Turbine. They continue to shot themselves in the foot.

LOL!

my easy button is confusing

Wait...forget all the math - the bigby stone is nicer

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    Agreed... we will have something even nicer than Otto's Box this time around!
    QMX said so
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Community Member

This is just to set up the 1-20 stones looking like an even better deal when they release them.

Community Member

I just have this one question:

Has anyone actually tried using an Otto Box in Lamannia, and have they actually got the XP stone working?

Because the one I transported over refuses to work on my level 8 flat out.

*shrugs*

I have no idea if this is WAI or if it's bugged.

I will be grabbing a Bigby Box to test in a moment and then transfer over to Lamannia to also see what happens. Back with results soon...

I-J1NG

:: edit ::

OK tried the Bigby XP Stone as well in Lamannia and it too was not working. So XP stones are probably fine overall, either XP stones are disabled in Lamannia or it's not working because of using the guide in the dojo.
    Last edited by I-J1NG; 07-03-2013 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Updated with info

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Because the Bigby stone will not bonus XP stack, you really need to drop the price of the box down even further.

That bonus stacking was why people were willing to shell out so much for Otto's to begin with.

If you seriously want to make it not stack with XP bonus, why not make it auto level to 15 just like iconcs do? Charge the price of 4.5k if you want then. I'd buy a box if it would auto leve 1+l to 15, sure would be a heck of a lot more worth while to do that than it is to buy/earn Vet status (which does not work with TRing) and then buy a box.

Fact is Turbine, you probably would have a lot more money being spent on your game and even these Bigby's Crushing Dreams boxes if you actually had a Mentoring system such to where the upper levels could play with lower levels without penalties.
    A Mentoring system would keep people playing the game longer to help out guildies and friends when they are past level. This is a huge issue for player retention. You retain those players and the chances of wallets being opened up from time to time would probably happen more.

Community Member

Good idea Turbine. Test these weaker boxes out in the beginning of the quarter when there is still plenty of time to make your #s. Then bring out Otto's boxes later and they will likely sell even better than before.

And it will work too.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    This is just to set up the 1-20 stones looking like an even better deal when they release them.
    It is nicer even for vets if you speak like management. Statistics indicate that 90% the almost vets have Vet II, that same 90% also say that they hate the grind.

All comes down to how you present it management, that is why so many people get away with such nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by kwyjibo_lol View Post
    It is nicer even for vets if you speak like management. Statistics indicate that 90% the almost vets have Vet II, that same 90% also say that they hate the grind.

All comes down to how you present it management, that is why so many people get away with such nonsense.
    If they hate the grind theyd favor ottos over bigbys because ottos will get them part way through 19 with applicable XP stacks.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Don’t blame Turbine.

They have to make up the money somehow since people are not paying for the expansion. /wouldn’t pay 1000 tp for this. Bonuses don’t stack? LMFAO!!!
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Bigby's 1,784,000 N/A

so 20% price decrease for a 45% xp decrease.

Now the new boxes come with 50% pots instead of 30 but

assuming 1kxp/min that's a 20% increases over the 30% pots so 200xp / min that only amounts to 36000 xp over thier 3 hour duration which is not much of a value increase compared to the stone of xp decrease that's occurred.

Community Member

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    If they hate the grind theyd favor ottos over bigbys because ottos will get them part way through 19 with applicable XP stacks.
    Vet ii w/o xpac > 7 > Bigby > 15 = run along side iconics who can show off. Makes sense to management folk, but completely misses the point, which is exactly what nearly every decision the last year has been.

Community Member

Why not just wait for the inevitable Mordenkainen's box with a 10-to-cap stone?

Default ? no stack

the first thing I never laid money down for was the new cough "expansion"

I was waiting to see if they fixed the hirelings first but now I just don't want it

now this ? saves me more money I guess

only thing I can think of is that if it did stack no one would buy the 16 to 30 stone when it finally comes out

sad

Default Speculatory Curiousity...

First, some speculation...
    I think that rather than granting enough xp to level up, the new xp stone coding simply resets xp to the minimum of what's needed for the next level. This sound about right?

And now the question...
    What's to stop Tubine from recoding Ottos' stone to work like this prior to it's next release? As it would only make the stone operate according to it's description (8-16), they could deny any claims of "bait & switch" by calling it a bug fix...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast