Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Bigby's stone of exp

bigby's box states that the stone is used to take characters from 7-15 instead of 8-16

Is this true or a typo?

kind of hope its a typo...

Community Member

It seems to be bringing it in line with vet2 and iconic levels. While not as good as it used to be, it's nice to see Turbine adding a bit of structure to their usually arbitrarily convoluted development "system".

Now if they could just add this new direction to their crafting systems, quest xp, etcetera.

Default Stone of Experience - did they nerf the SoE from Otto's box?

my concern is the existing stone of experience from Otto's boxes. If they now only do 7-15 instead of 8-16 will not be happy.

Kindly clarify and quickly. I currently will be telling everyone to NOT buy until clarified.

Who can keep track of all the flights and hotels?!?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    my concern is the existing stone of experience from Otto's boxes. If they now only do 7-15 instead of 8-16 will not be happy.

Kindly clarify and quickly. I currently will be telling everyone to NOT buy until clarified.
    I just opened an Otto's box as I will be using the stone later today and it is still Lvl 8 to use (Lvl16)

The question is, will these new lvl 15 stones be replacing the Otto's lvl 16 stones or will BOTH be available from time to time?
    Last edited by Towrn; 07-03-2013 at 12:09 PM.
    Knorgh (Pally/monk) Currently on life number 32

going to have to do the math now... see which is better. (and currently my ad hoc opinion is going to be 8-16 for triple tr's)

does make one wonder if they will be introducing a 16-24 when the new xpac is released.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneArcher52689 View Post
    bigby's box states that the stone is used to take characters from 7-15 instead of 8-16

Is this true or a typo?

kind of hope its a typo...
    Got an answer in my thread about it. It is a change.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ox#post5033847

Community Member

The new boxes are a much better deal if you exclude all contents except the stone and xp boosts.

This assumes that the new stone includes xp the same way the old stone did which is an unknown as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Towrn View Post
    I just opened an Otto's box as I will be using the stone later today and it is still Lvl 8 to use (Lvl16)

The question is, will these new lvl 15 stones be replacing the Otto's lvl 16 stones or will BOTH be available from time to time?
    It is possible that both could be made available from time to time.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

This stone is undoubtedly worse if it takes you from 7-15. The old one is 8-16, is it not?
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    This stone is undoubtedly worse if it takes you from 7-15. The old one is 8-16, is it not?
    im sorry i fail to see how this is worse. do you really think 1 level will hurt you? Really? you still get the shortcut. who cares whether its 15 or 16 i dont. im still getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    im sorry i fail to see how this is worse. do you really think 1 level will hurt you? Really? you still get the shortcut. who cares whether its 15 or 16 i dont. im still getting it.
    You need more XP to level from 15 to 16 than from 7 to 8.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

There is far more xp needed to go from 15-16 than from 7-8, especially on a legend life. This is a much weaker stone because of it.

It IS weaker, that's why it has a lower price. So probably not a horrible trade off.

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    You need more XP to level from 15 to 16 than from 7 to 8.
    Exactly, the new stone gives about 500,000 less XP (including the impact of the XP pots & shrine on stone XP)

Post Comparing Bigby's stone vs. Otto's Stone for 3rd life and beyond TR's

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by unacceptable View Post
    The new boxes are a much better deal if you exclude all contents except the stone and xp boosts.

This assumes that the new stone includes xp the same way the old stone did which is an unknown as of now.
    Comparing Bigby's stone vs. Otto's Stone for 3rd life and beyond TR's

Straight up - the Otto's version is better because Otto's gives you more xp therefore saving you even more time to 20.

It is very simple math.

Comparison
    basic xp gain with xp pot etc*
    Otto's 2,040,000 3,223,200
    Bigby's 1,955,000 3,088,900
    *(voice + guild 3% shrine + 50% xp pot - not including possible weekend bonus and VIP bonus)

Now for a TR3+ the xp difference is major..... so yes the Bigby's costs less and I will get, but the Otto's version of the experience stone is a far better deal. So call one the standard and the other a supreme version.

But also not factoring in price per xp gain.

Am glad that both probably will be offered again.

PS if my math is a little off - sorry very tired. need sleep and my kobold powered spell checker is on Union break!

PS - just in:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Bonus sources of XP do not stack with the Stone of Experience provided in the Bigby's Handy Box.
    so comparing apples to oranges.
    Last edited by UurlockYgmeov; 07-03-2013 at 02:50 PM. Reason: my kobold powered spell checker is on Union Break

Community Member

For a TR3+ It takes 119 K to level from 7 to 8 and 375 K to level from 15 to 16. That is a net loss of 256 K XP. Do you see how that might be worse or do you need more help?

Not to mention that XP boosts do not apply to Bigby's which makes Bigby's *far* worse in application, Not that anyone knew that at first. At least Turbine was honest about it when asked.

Bigby is weaker than Otto.

The stones follow the laws of D&D lore! :O

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Bonus sources of XP do not stack with the Stone of Experience provided in the Bigby's Handy Box.
    Ok, now the stones are a REALLY bad deal. Price is reduced by 20%, value of "add ins" like AS and XP boosts cut almost in half, and total XP granted is now reduced by about 40%.

Correcting Uurlock's table with new information:

Comparison
    Bigby's 1,955,000 1,955,000
    I think it just went from a multi-purchase to a no-sale for me.
    Last edited by Gkar; 07-03-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    Ok, now the stones are a REALLY bad deal. Price is reduced by 20%, value of "add ins" like AS and XP boosts cut almost in half, and total XP granted is now reduced by about 40%.

I think it just went from a multi-purchase to a no-sale for me.
    I just saw the post as well... and am now thinking the same thing. Come on Otto's box sale and True Wood Sale!

Community Member

Comparing Bigby's stone vs. Otto's Stone for 3rd life and beyond TR's

Straight up - the Otto's version is better because Otto's gives you more xp therefore saving you even more time to 20.

It is very simple math.

Comparison
    Bigby's 1,955,000 3,088,900
    *(voice + guild 3% shrine + 50% xp pot - not including possible weekend bonus and VIP bonus)

Now for a TR3+ the xp difference is major..... so yes the Bigby's costs less and I will get, but the Otto's version of the experience stone is a far better deal. So call one the standard and the other a supreme version.

But also not factoring in price per xp gain.

Am glad that both probably will be offered again.

PS if my math is a little off - sorry very tired. need sleep and my kobold powered spell checker is on Union break!

PS - just in:

so comparing apples to oranges.
    My comparison was comparing xp gained / tp spent. If the new stones worked like the otto's stones it would be a better deal. obviously it's not the case because the new stones don't give bonus xp.

They are still helpful, but not better.

Quote Originally Posted by unacceptable View Post
    My comparison was comparing xp gained / tp spent. If the new stones worked like the otto's stones it would be a better deal. obviously it's not the case because the new stones don't give bonus xp.

They are still helpful, but not better.
    Agreed, if they still gave the XP bonuses the new boxes would have been a decent deal, even if not as good as the old boxes.

It's still 1.9mil xp, but the xp/tp price point just skyrocketted and they weren't exactly cheap before. I'm sure they will still sell, but I bet they will sell less, even with the lower sticker price.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast