Default Stone of xp change in new Bigby's Handy Box?

The description says goes from 7 to 15 as opposed to from 8 to 16 on the old Ottos box stone. At least its a little cheaper to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Summerisle View Post
    The description says goes from 7 to 15 as opposed to from 8 to 16 on the old Ottos box stone. At least its a little cheaper to compensate.
    How much do 3 sovereign XP elixirs cost on their own?

Still looks like a bucket of meh.

Community Member

I know, I surely hope this isn't what was hinted as being better than Otto's box, lol...

Community Member

I wonder if the Otto's boxes are retired or whether they will rotate.

I guess the advantage is that experienced players can make a new character and start right at level 15 if they have the ability to create a character at level 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    How much do 3 sovereign XP elixirs cost on their own?

[...]
    3x Sovereign on their own is 1785TP

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

I'm thinking if the XP stone change is retroactive, or if they are coded diferently. I hope they didn't nerfed the otto's stone by proxy code.

I might end buying one of those boxes for the pet.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by unacceptable View Post
    I wonder if the Otto's boxes are retired or whether they will rotate.

I guess the advantage is that experienced players can make a new character and start right at level 15 if they have the ability to create a character at level 7.
    That's probably a good guess. 15 also matches up with their new iconic starting levels.

So this costs 20% less (give or take for the difference of toys) but you get 320,000 XP less, about 500K less if you were using pots/xp shrines when you used the stone. Thinking about the L13-15 quests out there, being L15 isn't a horrible spot to drop.

I'm waiting to see however if the xp pots still work with the new stone... I have a bad feeling that when they were tinkering with the stones bad things might have happened...I sure hope I'm paranoid on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    I know, I surely hope this isn't what was hinted as being better than Otto's box, lol...
    I supposed this is the one. I guess its better because people with Veteran II access can start at level 15 on any champion or adventurer characters and in line with the Iconic characters.

Also, Sovereign I Elixirs are better than Superior Elixirs. With A Sovereign Elixir; some buffs, Greater Tome, you can get to 19+ with a stone; IIRC.

P.S. There are no Bigby lines in DDO while there are Otto lines of spells Does that mean BigBy spells are going to appear?

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

It looks like they dropped the level range by 1. Instead of being level 8, now you need to be Level 7.

Probably to curtail the feature of this little thing.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Bigby's Handy Box
    An awesome bundle that contains the following:

1 Stone of Experience (Level 15)
    3 Sovereign I Experience Elixirs
    3 Siberys Spirit Cakes

It also includes your choice of one of the following:
    * Red Gelatinous Cube Creature Companion,
    * 100 Gold Seal Elixirs of Superior Healing
    * 25 Superior SP Potions.

The Stone of Experience allows level 7 or higher characters to immediately level up to level 15!

Before it's opened, this item is freely tradable to other characters. Once opened, the items received are bound to account.

---------------------------------------------------

That info popup window is very ****** design. Sure, use it for short blurbs of information, but in something like the, and you have to scroll, that is **** design. You want to give them the information in a very easy to read format. Not make them work so they give up instead.

Area in red is where I modified the text to make it easier to understand at a glance.

Community Member

Another thing i like about this is that if I want to make an iconic and a friend wants to make a regular wizard we can both start at level 15 with this product. Of course it's expensive, but I can see myself using it for this purpose.