Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    I not only have a clue but my reading comprehension is usually very good. I also would say its an observation rather than an "accusation" (which usually applies to some form of wrongdoing rather than an attitude). However I apparently will have to take an insult as your best response. O.o
    Link me ANYTHING of me saying the negatives of this ENH pass are trivial.

You can't.

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    I didn't say that you said they are trivial, but you set them aside - you discount them.
    Link one post of me setting them aside, "discounting" them as you call it.

You can't because you're making this all up.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    I find it hilarious when people praise a "FoTM" build getting knocked down a peg, when there are plenty of incredibly obvious builds (at least to me, I'm not sure why I'm not seeing others notice them more) that are at least as good as those "FoTM" builds in their prime...some, such as the ninja spy eSoS fighter
    The centered eSOS shadow fade, grand master mountain stance is the poster boy isn't it? Also abudant step, Kensei III crit range and damage increase, improved Evasion, monk heal amp, 15 feats, 17 counting epics, 20% speed increase, enough feats to take whirlwind attack and all the cleaves just for giggles which gets you easilly maxed Dodge from the whirlwind pre-reqs, Ki strikes work with weapons, fighter STR enhancements, Tactics DC's, weapon specialization damage, Haste boost... sharks with lazer beams on their fricken heads... muuwahhh hahahah hah hah... heh.

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    or a few interesting others that I know are being kept quiet by some
    Other brokeness? If you're talking about a couple casting builds that would have been held up as the epitome of "n00b multiclass mistakes" before the pass hits just SHHHHHhhhh. fight club that ess.
    Last edited by Ironclans_evil_twin; 07-11-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    The centered eSOS shadow fade, grand master mountain stance is the poster boy isn't it? Also abudant step, Kensei III crit range and damage increase, improved Evasion, monk heal amp, 15 feats, 17 counting epics, 20% speed increase, enough feats to take whirlwind attack and all the cleaves just for giggles which gets you easilly maxed Dodge from the whirlwind pre-reqs, Ki strikes work with weapons, fighter STR enhancements, Tactics DC's, weapon specialization damage, Haste boost... sharks with lazer beams on their fricken heads... muuwahhh hahahah hah hah... heh.
    This is the most broken one, yes it is the poster-child.

Can't wait to build it!

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    This is the most broken one, yes it is the poster-child.

Can't wait to build it!
    I can't wait for the rage and forum drama that will accompany it. Just ordered a couple pallets of popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Petty people who just want to see the current FoTM builds crushed, yet don't understand that new FoTM builds will appear to take their place.
    This, since 2006. Remember all the peeing and moaning about the batman getting evasion in heavy armor? How about the threads claiming its not fair that THF can twitch for moar DPS, even during the period when the spreadsheet gamers were claiming that twf was still better on raid bosses.

It pretty much never ends. They nerf the current FOTM, and new FOTMs emerge quickly, people build them, then the same people begin complaining about the new FOTMs.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    It pretty much never ends. They nerf the current FOTM, and new FOTMs emerge quickly, people build them, then the same people begin complaining about the new FOTMs.
    This just shouldn't happen in a 7 year old game though, the mechanics should not be changing as radically as they do every 6 months basically breaking and rebuilding the game.

Sure the first couple of times it was refreshing, now it's just tiring.

and that is why I don't build any FOTM's. there will always be changes directly and indirectly that affect those builds. it would suck taking the time and making the effort to build one of those just to have it "nerfed" within a year. all my characters are pure or 18/2. they don't feel the changes that much and its usually for the better and not worse.

Community Member

From the OP I would agree that 5, 6, 9, 11, 12, 27, and 33 are issues which Turbine needs to look at. Particularly Ranger and Paladins and Devotion. Of course, the list is old and new stuff is coming. Hopefully we see some significant changes here.

1 is just plain wrong. They are giving us Toughness for free. A few builds lose out on a bit of HP, most builds suddenly find they have an extra Feat which they always craved, and may now mean they dont need to splash Fighter or Monk.

The Sorc nerfs are required. They were far too powerful. Anyone who says otherwise is just not telling the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    This, since 2006. Remember all the peeing and moaning about the batman getting evasion in heavy armor? How about the threads claiming its not fair that THF can twitch for moar DPS, even during the period when the spreadsheet gamers were claiming that twf was still better on raid bosses.

yep he who adapts faster wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    and that is why I don't build any FOTM's. there will always be changes directly and indirectly that affect those builds. it would suck taking the time and making the effort to build one of those just to have it "nerfed" within a year. all my characters are pure or 18/2. they don't feel the changes that much and its usually for the better and not worse.
    yeah but those who tr faster win, its not so much a loss for them to try a so called FOTM build then tr a few months later only taking 2 days or so to get back to 20 in another build and hey they might pick up a useful past life feat in the bargain.
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 07-11-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Maybe the list in the OP needs to be revised a bit now that U19 has been released.

I noticed another nerf, that affects my Artificer; UMD enhancement line has been removed. It's a P2P class for most people, and UMD is quite an important part for Artificers. I'm not so keen on spending Turbine Points in the store to compensate a bit of the loss.
    Proud officer of Spellbinders: http://spellbinders.shivtr.com/
    Lyrandar(EU)->Devourer(EU)->Cannith

Ironclan, maybe just edit the OP to add a highlighted "This list is from the original alpha preview."

Seems my kensai lost his extra threat range for his axes I no longer crit on a 15-20 but a 17-20. got to specify they were the Duergar DWAxes
    Last edited by Miow; 08-22-2013 at 06:57 AM.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Ironclan, maybe just edit the OP to add a highlighted "This list is from the original alpha preview."
    Nah it's over a month old thread, many of those nerfs are still true but who cares at this point, the point was to inform people.

BTW I am liking the Pass, hate the Bard trees especially after I dug into them and found out how much more virtuoso there is than Spellsinger (i.e concentrating on Bard abilities that don't work well in pugs) the Pali trees are an outright nerf to the class, and the Bard trees are only a mild bump to a class that needed a shove. Beyond those dislikes (also the Protector tree is just as awful as people have been saying, I could not possibly spend 5 AP's in it on any character I've ever run that's how bad it is... +6 stacking resists and Divine Might and it's all suckitude from there), I am digging the racials the Iconics and the other classes so far.

My FvS's both are improved and they were already easy buttons with nice combo spell/Melee DPS and full raid healing.

My Bard and my Pali's I regret to say will have no Bard left and no more than 2 Pali after they get redone.
    Last edited by Ironclans_evil_twin; 08-20-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Hmm, I just ran a shroud from some mats and my Pally Champion of Good enhancement isn't allowing me to break DR. I am doing the extra good damage but get yellow base damage numbers while using a silver weapon. Also when I mouse over my weapon it no longer shows as good in the damage type. Please list this asap so they can get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadesborne View Post
    Hmm, I just ran a shroud from some mats and my Pally Champion of Good enhancement isn't allowing me to break DR. I am doing the extra good damage but get yellow base damage numbers while using a silver weapon. Also when I mouse over my weapon it no longer shows as good in the damage type. Please list this asap so they can get it fixed.
    I don't think that sounds like a nerf, but like a bug. You should probably send in a bug report.
    Proud officer of Spellbinders: http://spellbinders.shivtr.com/
    Lyrandar(EU)->Devourer(EU)->Cannith

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011