The lack of uproar over nerfs that appear to be going live in the pass tells me that people are distracted or not realizing the full extent of them, or not reading lam forums.
It strikes me that we need a compilation of all the nerfs in the enhancement pass so people wont be so blind sided by them I'm afraid that a lot of people tune out threads about the pass because of the conflicting opinions and arguing. Well most nerfs are objectively measurable. So without any ranting or raving here are the ones I have seen just looking over my own "areas of interest". Other people are more tuned in to other classes and playstyles, please respond and add the nerfs you see. Please make as sure as possible that they are an objective nerf and not a lateral change. I'm going to list them with minimal commentary and update this list as needed. Please don't argue about what balanced or unbalanced. If you think something is not a nerf say so, but please refrain from getting into arguments and derailing the thread.
- many characters lose 20 to 80hps ( - Toughness enhancements + Heroic durability 5hp increases at class level 5, 10 etc.)
- Lore Items give massively lowered spell crit improvements (3% for greater lore it appears)
- Spell crits overall lose give or take 10% and lots of multiplier (+5% from magic training if your class gets that up to +6% from New enhancement "AP spent/Core abilities" best case, -10% from old enhancement lines -7% to -12% lore item nerf)
- All Spell Power losses 20 to 80 (exact break down left out due to the dozens of ways multiclassing can add spell power that will no longer be possible, and the many ways the new skills and AP spent in tree will add spell power, but not nearly as much as is being lost)
- Rangers no longer have a devotion line, or positive spell power booster
- Paladins no longer have a devotion line or positive spell power booster
- Bard spell singers mana proc reduced
- Barbarians lose X2 criticals from current Frenzied PrE
- Stalwart's can no longer be TWF or THF, must equip a shield to get PrE/Stance benefits
- Sword and Board no longer gets 20 passive PRR bonus from the defender PrE's just for equipping a shield (instead shield use is mandatory so they took the incentive bonus PRR away)
- Cleric lose Divine Might line
- Humans pay far more for healing amp
- Dwarves no longer have Faith mana lines
- Most Dodge items just got a useless affix as only the highest applies and the lower numbers do not stack, to compensate they have doubled all dodge bonuses (4% is now 8%) but this still nerfs a lot of formerly useful gear.
- Fighters lose extra action boost line
- Fighters lose Tactics DC's (used to be a part of Kensei PrE and a generic line, now only just part of Kensei)
- FvS's lose weapon specialization
- Void strike does not have off-hand procs
- The current amount of monk-healing amp, previously available to all lvl 12 monks is only available to a lvl 20 pure shintao monk w/ shintao capstone, so subtract 10-20% healing amp
- Monk Dance of the water strider no longer exists
- ToD sets no longer recognized PREs. This nets a loss of STR / CON for some barbs, a loss -2 MCL for sorcs, DR breaking from light monks, etc
- Sorcerers no longer have access to Scroll Mastery or Force Criticals
- Sorcerers are now completely locked out of enhancements for their opposition school
- Wizard archmages no longer have a secondary set of SLAs - though they can get the PM SLAs in addition to one school of AM SLAs
- Monks can no longer have Void Strike 4 and Touch of Death.
- Void Strike 4 now costs 15 ki, instead of 5. Though the damage increased from 8d4 to 10d6. Still a nerf to me, since the insta-kill was the main use.
- Sword and Board also lose 75% threat from equipping a shield (in addition to the loss of 20 PRR, that is to say: Defender PrE now gives HALF the PRR and +Threat
- Elven Fluidity no longer effects shields ASF
- Animal form druids get no spell power including no devotion
- Iron Defender Companion line, for non-Arti's has been removed
- Barbarian splashes no longer get sprint boost at first level
- Void Strike 3 is gone completely
- Barb and Ranger forced to choose between Sprint and Haste Boost
- Paladin Divine Might now adds Charisma Modifier to Strength. Objectively a nerf. 2 points investment in charisma = 1 strength point. Divine Might IV at top tier used to require 20 charisma to give 8 extra damage, to equal that 8 damage you need +32 charisma modifier to get +16 to strength or 64 charisma, a 44 point increase. Animation has been speed up, and Duration is up to double, but does not offset the loss in damage. In a best case scenario a 2 build point cost charisma point is strictly better invested in strength where possible; as you would need 4 build points to get 2 CHA just to equal 1, 3 point strength increase. To get DMIII (used to be a 18 CHA requirement) equivalent damage (6 extra damage) you would need 48 points of CHA (damn I must be wrong but I'm looking at it on wiki and it says Charisma modifier to strength)
Please post the nerfs you know of and I will update the list.
Note please keep this thread civil and on point, this is not a thread for discussing the merits of nerfs, or game balance, it is a collection of the ones that are currently (or were currently to the best of my/our knowledge) contained in the enhancement pass) I ask that all such posts be ignored and reported. This is a list of things that are objectively quantifiable as nerfs. Not a debate over whether they are needed or how overpowered or unbalanced anything is.