Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    Wow what a ridiculous and defensive implication. I often wonder how many people who "dont want to carry" or who put "selective" or "know it" in their LFM's actually do so because they aren't secure enough in their abilities to risk having a lower level player or someone who doesn't know the quest.

The norm before bravery bonus was a 4 level range and we did just fine, Sure their was the occasional insecure type that would start over level and restrict the range to two levels. Kinda of a pathetic way to play a game if you ask me.
    How is my statement ridiculous or defensive? By calmly explaining I don't want to carry low level toons through quests and not using accusatory language, such as you do?

I have no issues grouping with new players, or teaching quests - to players at level. I never write "selective, byoh, know it" or whatever on my lfms - but of course you have no issues with accusing me of that because, for whatever reason, you're really upset that I disagree that the lfm should allow characters 4 levels lower to be power leveled by higher level characters.

But don't bother trying to explain your position, or use logic. Just attack and make yourself look childish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    not its not a paid server. its the lowest population that will be for newer players. its a great move. Some people think their entitled to everything. its a nice business move for once. i just wished people would stop whining when their trying to bring in new players.
    I just wish people would read my posts before going on and on about me whining...

I was not asking if it was a paid server... I was asking if it was again possible to pay to move my characters to the xp server...
    Read before you post... but don't forget to think!
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Post Unfair and Wrong way to populate Wayfinder

I don't think that's a good way to populate the server. Very few players will go to Wayfinder with such motives. Plus it's unfair for the other players. Perhaps you should consider other means to tempt German players to start making (active) toons on Wayfinder like a bonus character slot for free accounts? Unlock drow race for limited time?

xp bonus helps the active "legend" toons on wayfinder mostly. It's not enough motive for someone to change server plus makes the xp-addicted players from other servers (including me ) very very ungry.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoBlackChaos View Post
    I don't think that's a good way to populate the server. Very few players will go to Wayfinder with such motives. Plus it's unfair for the other players. Perhaps you should consider other means to tempt German players to start making (active) toons on Wayfinder like a bonus character slot for free accounts? Unlock drow race for limited time?

xp bonus helps the active "legend" toons on wayfinder mostly. It's not enough motive for someone to change server plus makes the xp-addicted players from other servers (including me ) very very ungry.
    How is it unfair? You are more than welcome to play on Wayfinder, too.
    This 10% bonus on Wayfinder is not at the expense of any other server or player. Everyone else still has what they have had. Be at ease.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    How is it unfair? You are more than welcome to play on Wayfinder, too.
    This 10% bonus on Wayfinder is not at the expense of any other server or player. Everyone else still has what they have had. Be at ease.
    It's not unfair just pointless as it won't get the players and if it does it'll just decrease other servers and cause problems there.

Community Member

Default Repeat Server

THe main problem with Wayfinder is it is a repeat server. With the low population the active players only run a few questes over and over.
    This gets very boring.
    I would like to see the server merged with another server.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Wayfinder is not dead. Wayfinder is not dying. Wayfinder is not a collection of refugees to be forced off their home onto another server.
    Except it really is. I have seen private servers for games with a more active player base than Wayfinder. It is a ghost town, and while some people may like playing in a ghost town where they don't have to see any other people as they make their way across the Marketplace, it makes DDO look like a dead game to encourage new players to start there. And people who are interested in MMOs rarely want to play empty, dead games.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by ForumAccess View Post
    Except it really is. I have seen private servers for games with a more active player base than Wayfinder. It is a ghost town, and while some people may like playing in a ghost town where they don't have to see any other people as they make their way across the Marketplace, it makes DDO look like a dead game to encourage new players to start there. And people who are interested in MMOs rarely want to play empty, dead games.
    Nah. I have been playing on Wayfinder, along with a regular rotation on all other servers since March, and while it has a lower population, it had ticked up before the recent changes. Judging by LFM and AH activity, for example, the moves seems to be having a good impact.

I think this is an interesting move by Turbine and I wonder if this will be a new strategy going forward beginning next year with other servers as well. Certainly the xp bonus does absolutely no harm to anyone else on any other server. If anything, encouraging players to play on multiple servers makes sense for Turbine - you always have something to do in DDO.
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Looking to start a new life, or a new guild? Interested in leveling more quickly? Wayfinder now offers +10% Heroic and Epic XP, now through the rest of the year! Also note that this bonus will be in addition to any other bonuses that may be in effect (like weekend DDO Bonus Days boosts.)
    Just wanted to point out that according to the display, the +10% Heroic bonus for Wayfinder is not showing as being stacked with the +15% Bonus Day boost. When you enter a quest, it is showing the XP bonus as +15%, not +25%. Didn't run a quest to see if it is error and its really being calculated as +25%.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234