Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Wayfinder Heroic/Epic XP Bonus!

Looking to start a new life, or a new guild? Interested in leveling more quickly? Wayfinder now offers +10% Heroic and Epic XP, now through the rest of the year! Also note that this bonus will be in addition to any other bonuses that may be in effect (like weekend DDO Bonus Days boosts.)
    Last edited by Cordovan; 07-03-2013 at 10:15 AM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Bravo!

Excellent encouragement to help populate the server. +1!
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Looking to start a new life, or a new guild? Interested in leveling more quickly? Wayfinder now offers +10% Heroic and Epic XP, now through the rest of the year!
    Gee. Thanks. I guess the rest of your paying customers who have put hundreds into this game don't deserve that, huh?

Wow. Just wow.

If the server is that dead, just close it. That is so incredibly unfair to the rest of us.

"Meanwhile, on Sarlona, I've been watching the LFM panel, oh look, yawn, some silly favor runs, and a normal run of servants of the overlord yet again. yawn. guess i'll go play something else!"
    Last edited by eris2323; 07-03-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Community Member

Looking to start a new life, or a new guild? Interested in leveling more quickly? Wayfinder now offers +10% Heroic and Epic XP, now through the rest of the year!
    I am not sure what happened in the last few months but I am really liking the new Turbine approach.

More communication, no more dodging/avoiding tough issues and taking decisive actions to address player concerns. This seems like a good way to get Wayfinder populated!

I am liking the more outward focus. Thank you.

Looking to start a new life, or a new guild? Interested in leveling more quickly? Wayfinder now offers +10% Heroic and Epic XP, now through the rest of the year! Also note that this bonus will be in addition to any other bonuses that may be in effect (like weekend DDO Bonus Days boosts.)
    /popcorn
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

let the nerd rage begin

Community Member

I hope that this incentive replaces setting Wayfinder as the default server for new players? Adding boosts to players who willingly choose to migrate over to a dead server is a much better idea than dumping unwitting newcomers into a server where they will get the impression that the entire game is dead, as that can be a self fulfilling prophesy.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    Gee. Thanks. I guess the rest of your paying customers who have put hundreds into this game don't deserve that, huh?

Wow. Just wow.

If the server is that dead, just close it. That is so incredibly unfair to the rest of us.

"Meanwhile, on Sarlona, I've been watching the LFM panel, oh look, yawn, some silly favor runs, and a normal run of servants of the overlord yet again. yawn. guess i'll go play something else!"
    I am not on Wayfinder but I support this move. The people on Wayfinder didn't do anything wrong to cause the population issues. I thini it's a great way to get the server populated without risking losing players that like Wayfinder.

I don't consider this unfair since they aren't giving the rest of us a -10% penalty they are simply providing an incnetive for people ot play on Wayfinder if they aren't already committed to another server.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Well done, I hope this will make the poor server come a little more alive
    It's definitely an N-word.

not a terrible idea.

Not as good of an idea as merging this with another server.

If it was +50%, it MIGHT be worth it. If I want 10% more XP, I just won't group with newbies and get a death penalty. Which is exactly the opposite of what you want people to do, innit?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ForumAccess View Post
    I hope that this incentive replaces setting Wayfinder as the default server for new players? Adding boosts to players who willingly choose to migrate over to a dead server is a much better idea than dumping unwitting newcomers into a server where they will get the impression that the entire game is dead, as that can be a self fulfilling prophesy.
    Oh, if *THIS* is the case, and the bonus replaces the 'default setting' for ALL new players, then I am much cooler with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Lightbulb

wow!

So... is the pay to move server now available?? For a 10% bonus XP I'd be prepared to move a toon or two...

Hey... that is an idea... how about a free transfer service again... give us a chance to transfer a toon or two to Wayfinder... up the population a bit? I'd buy that for a dollar... (especially if it was free)
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

I don't play on Wayfinder myself, but nice move Turbine! I might suggest though that you let people transfer free to Wayfinder until the playerbase is higher there, AND for his bonus, make it 25-35%, that will realy help get new people onto that server.
    Slow player: puggers beware!

Community Member

Good idea to attract players to a less populated server. Happier that I decided to start a character on Wayfinder. Of course this means I will be spending extra time on that character!

Community Member

Want to get players?

Also consider a loot bonus, and perhaps even a 1% named item bonus, and you might even get people willing to pay to transfer their characters...
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

Community Member

Default Update this info to the launcher too pls

Nice move!

What would be better? Announce it in the launcher news! Before new people even choose their starting server.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Modulex View Post
    Nice move!

What would be better? Announce it in the launcher news! Before new people even choose their starting server.
    Ah...good idea!

Community Member

Good idea... Typical response...

Community Member

How can you possibly be against this idea? Anyone who posts something negative needs to re-examine their sense of entitlement. Just because someone else gets something good, doesn't mean it bad for you.

This is the proper way to encourage people to migrate to a server. You get 10% bonus XP, but the downside is you're on the "frontier" and you don't have all the conveniences of "city living" on Cannith or Thelanis...there's fewer guilds, less activity on the AH, fewer LFGs, fewer capped-out characters to help you with stuff, etc.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast