Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 69

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Community Manager Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    15,850

    Default Wayfinder Heroic/Epic XP Bonus!

    Looking to start a new life, or a new guild? Interested in leveling more quickly? Wayfinder now offers +10% Heroic and Epic XP, now through the rest of the year! Also note that this bonus will be in addition to any other bonuses that may be in effect (like weekend DDO Bonus Days boosts.)
    Last edited by Cordovan; 07-03-2013 at 10:15 AM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!



  2. #2
    The Hatchery danotmano1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The rainy side of earth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default

    Bravo!

    Excellent encouragement to help populate the server. +1!
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Looking to start a new life, or a new guild? Interested in leveling more quickly? Wayfinder now offers +10% Heroic and Epic XP, now through the rest of the year!
    Gee. Thanks. I guess the rest of your paying customers who have put hundreds into this game don't deserve that, huh?

    Wow. Just wow.

    If the server is that dead, just close it. That is so incredibly unfair to the rest of us.

    "Meanwhile, on Sarlona, I've been watching the LFM panel, oh look, yawn, some silly favor runs, and a normal run of servants of the overlord yet again. yawn. guess i'll go play something else!"
    Last edited by eris2323; 07-03-2013 at 10:22 AM.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    Gee. Thanks. I guess the rest of your paying customers who have put hundreds into this game don't deserve that, huh?

    Wow. Just wow.

    If the server is that dead, just close it. That is so incredibly unfair to the rest of us.

    "Meanwhile, on Sarlona, I've been watching the LFM panel, oh look, yawn, some silly favor runs, and a normal run of servants of the overlord yet again. yawn. guess i'll go play something else!"
    I am not on Wayfinder but I support this move. The people on Wayfinder didn't do anything wrong to cause the population issues. I thini it's a great way to get the server populated without risking losing players that like Wayfinder.

    I don't consider this unfair since they aren't giving the rest of us a -10% penalty they are simply providing an incnetive for people ot play on Wayfinder if they aren't already committed to another server.

  5. #5
    Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    Gee. Thanks. I guess the rest of your paying customers who have put hundreds into this game don't deserve that, huh?
    I think this is a good idea. It partially make up for the fact that those players have to play on Wayfinder.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

  6. #6
    Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    That is so incredibly unfair to the rest of us.
    Imagine that, I had to tell my 6 year old that life is not fair (not for the first time for sure) just before I sit down to check the forums and do the same thing for someone here.

    I agree the other servers have population problems, and I'm even pretty annoyed that Turbine is doing nothing about it. But the low hanging fruit is not yet merging servers. It's making the LFM system more inclusive by widening the level ranges, modifying BB so that a 3 level range is not the default on 99% of every group you see, and making impediments like flagging and quest meta knowledge less impactful.

    Here's an idea pick up stakes and EVERYONE play on Wayfinder, be nice to new players (or at least keep any anti-social "look I'm anonymous on the internet and no one can pop me in the nose" jerkiness you are prone to to yourself), laugh off -10% death XP penalties (because 99.9% of the player base dies on some sort of semi-regular basis or so, and the other 0.01% is full of it). Start DDO fresh on a new server and make it the most grown up server in the game.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    Imagine that, I had to tell my 6 year old that life is not fair (not for the first time for sure) just before I sit down to check the forums and do the same thing for someone here.

    I agree the other servers have population problems, and I'm even pretty annoyed that Turbine is doing nothing about it. But the low hanging fruit is not yet merging servers. It's making the LFM system more inclusive by widening the level ranges, modifying BB so that a 3 level range is not the default on 99% of every group you see, and making impediments like flagging and quest meta knowledge less impactful.

    Here's an idea pick up stakes and EVERYONE play on Wayfinder, be nice to new players (or at least keep any anti-social "look I'm anonymous on the internet and no one can pop me in the nose" jerkiness you are prone to to yourself), laugh off -10% death XP penalties (because 99.9% of the player base dies on some sort of semi-regular basis or so, and the other 0.01% is full of it). Start DDO fresh on a new server and make it the most grown up server in the game.
    Very nicely said. *\o/*
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

    Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    Imagine that, I had to tell my 6 year old that life is not fair (not for the first time for sure) just before I sit down to check the forums and do the same thing for someone here.

    I agree the other servers have population problems, and I'm even pretty annoyed that Turbine is doing nothing about it. But the low hanging fruit is not yet merging servers. It's making the LFM system more inclusive by widening the level ranges, modifying BB so that a 3 level range is not the default on 99% of every group you see, and making impediments like flagging and quest meta knowledge less impactful.

    Here's an idea pick up stakes and EVERYONE play on Wayfinder, be nice to new players (or at least keep any anti-social "look I'm anonymous on the internet and no one can pop me in the nose" jerkiness you are prone to to yourself), laugh off -10% death XP penalties (because 99.9% of the player base dies on some sort of semi-regular basis or so, and the other 0.01% is full of it). Start DDO fresh on a new server and make it the most grown up server in the game.
    I have no interest in paying money to transfer characters to a dead server that should be merged with a more lively server, instead of harming the rest of the population of servers by offering incentives such as extra experience to certain servers. I sincerely hope they removed the dead server as the default server for all new players; why any company would send all of their new customers to a dead server is just.... well, something that turbine does; I guess, and totally beyond me.

    Don't much care what you have to tell your 6 year old.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    I have no interest in paying money to transfer characters to a dead server that should be merged with a more lively server, instead of harming the rest of the population of servers by offering incentives such as extra experience to certain servers. I sincerely hope they removed the dead server as the default server for all new players; why any company would send all of their new customers to a dead server is just.... well, something that turbine does; I guess, and totally beyond me.

    Don't much care what you have to tell your 6 year old.
    Haven't found this 'dead server' you keep carrying on about. I have found some lag-heavy servers that could benefit from exporting some of their players, though.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

    Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

  10. #10

    Default

    I think it's gonna be funny when all the new Wayfinder players come rushing to the forums when they notice they're no longer getting the XP they used to after year's end.

  11. #11
    Community Member Singular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    Imagine that, I had to tell my 6 year old that life is not fair (not for the first time for sure) just before I sit down to check the forums and do the same thing for someone here.

    I agree the other servers have population problems, and I'm even pretty annoyed that Turbine is doing nothing about it. But the low hanging fruit is not yet merging servers. It's making the LFM system more inclusive by widening the level ranges, modifying BB so that a 3 level range is not the default on 99% of every group you see, and making impediments like flagging and quest meta knowledge less impactful.

    Here's an idea pick up stakes and EVERYONE play on Wayfinder, be nice to new players (or at least keep any anti-social "look I'm anonymous on the internet and no one can pop me in the nose" jerkiness you are prone to to yourself), laugh off -10% death XP penalties (because 99.9% of the player base dies on some sort of semi-regular basis or so, and the other 0.01% is full of it). Start DDO fresh on a new server and make it the most grown up server in the game.
    Sorry, I disagree with you. I don't want to group with people 4 or more levels below me. I'd have to carry them through whatever quest I was in, and that would take more time. I'd much rather quest with people my own level.

    I guess, though, that if Turbine opens up the lfm I can simply choose to restrict it myself. That would allow guildies to power level lower guildies, or power level their dual-boxed accounts. So, I suppose if that's what you're after, by all means, good luck.

  12. #12
    Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    Sorry, I disagree with you. I don't want to group with people 4 or more levels below me. I'd have to carry them through whatever quest I was in, and that would take more time. I'd much rather quest with people my own level.

    I guess, though, that if Turbine opens up the lfm I can simply choose to restrict it myself. That would allow guildies to power level lower guildies, or power level their dual-boxed accounts. So, I suppose if that's what you're after, by all means, good luck.
    Wow what a ridiculous and defensive implication. I often wonder how many people who "dont want to carry" or who put "selective" or "know it" in their LFM's actually do so because they aren't secure enough in their abilities to risk having a lower level player or someone who doesn't know the quest.

    The norm before bravery bonus was a 4 level range and we did just fine, Sure their was the occasional insecure type that would start over level and restrict the range to two levels. Kinda of a pathetic way to play a game if you ask me.

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    Wow what a ridiculous and defensive implication. I often wonder how many people who "dont want to carry" or who put "selective" or "know it" in their LFM's actually do so because they aren't secure enough in their abilities to risk having a lower level player or someone who doesn't know the quest.

    The norm before bravery bonus was a 4 level range and we did just fine, Sure their was the occasional insecure type that would start over level and restrict the range to two levels. Kinda of a pathetic way to play a game if you ask me.
    One of the best things about DDO is its flexibility with play styles. Some people want to run it as a FPS, others as co-operative RP, and still others at various points in between, and they can all do this in the same game - DDO. For whatever reasons people have to play the way they do, they have the ability to do so in this game. Usually I am more interested in the play and the socializing than the xp, but there are times I just want to level without anyone else relying on me.

    If one were to roll a new toon on Wayfinder, they would be able to run with new players at their level, or with 2 or 3 or 4 level spread. However they wish to play. Not everyone is cut out to be a mentor, so maybe we should just let them stay out of the Welcome Committee.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

    Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

  14. #14
    Community Member Singular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    Wow what a ridiculous and defensive implication. I often wonder how many people who "dont want to carry" or who put "selective" or "know it" in their LFM's actually do so because they aren't secure enough in their abilities to risk having a lower level player or someone who doesn't know the quest.

    The norm before bravery bonus was a 4 level range and we did just fine, Sure their was the occasional insecure type that would start over level and restrict the range to two levels. Kinda of a pathetic way to play a game if you ask me.
    How is my statement ridiculous or defensive? By calmly explaining I don't want to carry low level toons through quests and not using accusatory language, such as you do?

    I have no issues grouping with new players, or teaching quests - to players at level. I never write "selective, byoh, know it" or whatever on my lfms - but of course you have no issues with accusing me of that because, for whatever reason, you're really upset that I disagree that the lfm should allow characters 4 levels lower to be power leveled by higher level characters.

    But don't bother trying to explain your position, or use logic. Just attack and make yourself look childish.

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Looking to start a new life, or a new guild? Interested in leveling more quickly? Wayfinder now offers +10% Heroic and Epic XP, now through the rest of the year!
    I am not sure what happened in the last few months but I am really liking the new Turbine approach.

    More communication, no more dodging/avoiding tough issues and taking decisive actions to address player concerns. This seems like a good way to get Wayfinder populated!

    I am liking the more outward focus. Thank you.

  16. #16
    Community Member Vint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    3,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Looking to start a new life, or a new guild? Interested in leveling more quickly? Wayfinder now offers +10% Heroic and Epic XP, now through the rest of the year! Also note that this bonus will be in addition to any other bonuses that may be in effect (like weekend DDO Bonus Days boosts.)
    /popcorn
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

    LEGION

  17. #17
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,030

    Default

    let the nerd rage begin

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    290

    Default

    I hope that this incentive replaces setting Wayfinder as the default server for new players? Adding boosts to players who willingly choose to migrate over to a dead server is a much better idea than dumping unwitting newcomers into a server where they will get the impression that the entire game is dead, as that can be a self fulfilling prophesy.

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ForumAccess View Post
    I hope that this incentive replaces setting Wayfinder as the default server for new players? Adding boosts to players who willingly choose to migrate over to a dead server is a much better idea than dumping unwitting newcomers into a server where they will get the impression that the entire game is dead, as that can be a self fulfilling prophesy.
    Oh, if *THIS* is the case, and the bonus replaces the 'default setting' for ALL new players, then I am much cooler with it.

  20. #20
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,283

    Default

    Well done, I hope this will make the poor server come a little more alive
    It's definitely an N-word.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload