Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by wildbynature View Post
    Now I"m not saying all help should be listened to, or that vets are almighty gods that pity the small folk from time to time and offer to buy them things. BUT, if someone is offering to take time out of their day to do something that benefits you, the least you can do is gracefully decline. Attitude is everything in this game, and if you start making enemies, you're not going to last long.
    I'm grateful I don't have to deal with noooooobs. :3

Nah, I'm just kidding. I love noobs.

Well, not all noobs. I hate noobs that garner a sense of superiority when helping other noobs.

YUP.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    If in doubt, do nothing and ask. Don't be afraid to ask and ignore any jerk who mocks you for asking. Better than keeping your mouth shut, pretending you know a quest, saying nothing and causing untold hell to the party.

Don't pick up a crest or a key, pull a lever, open a door or get ahead of the main party in any quest you are not completely familiar with.

Always carry cure/repair serious wound pots and drink these out of battle to save SP for any healers in your party. Always carry lesser restoration, remove curse and remove disease potions and drink them whenever afflicted.
    I might not always agree with my friend deadlock, but he nailed it on this one. If you boil it down to the simplest but best advice, this is it. It's best if you IM the party leader before hand and admit to not knowing the quest and if its ok if you join - that way they know they need to give more instructions. Failing that, when in doubt, don't do anything. Follow, fight when everyone else fights, and don't touch anything in-between.
    "Shut up and die like a wizard"

Community Member

0. DDOWiki is your friend. Bookmark it.
    0a. Find and Download the DDO Gameguide aka DDO Interactive Gameguide. It is the best DDO reference tool available. Crafting planners, Solvers, Links, etc. It has not been updated recently but it is still worth every second it takes to download.
    1. if you are new to a quest, let the party know
    2. have a way to heal yourself - wands, scrolls, spells, pots etc
    3. have a way to heal someone else - bracers of aid (cannith crystal) Curative Cloak (Redemption on Korthos) are good items to have around. both can help stabilize an incapped player.
    4. Carry other pots like neut poison, remove curse/disease/blindness etc.
    5. When you reach levels where you can start raiding make sure you are flagged for the raids.
    6. If you happen to run a hard/difficult quest and you pull a mnemonic pot, flip it to the healer who helped keep you alive
    7. If you loot an item in a raid that you will not use, consider putting it up for roll. Be sure to set the rules for the roll prior to letting the party know.
    8. Don't Proxy Roll if you are in a group. Proxy rolling is rolling on a piece of gear with the intention of passing it to someone else if you win. It is a practice that is frowned upon and can earn you a bad rep on your server.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Ravenguard Press

This is all great information, thank you. I'll compile a list and post it for everyone to take a look at, and see if anything was missed.
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````````````
    MuleAxe | Occidere| MuleRaptor | MuleFort | MuleParts

M O N A R C H
    of Thelanis

2015 DDO Players Council
    Ravenguard Press

Smile Compiled list

I’ve combined and consolidated the information from the previous posts and divided into two groups; preparedness and etiquette. They both go hand-in-hand, but I figured it might be better to separate them for ease of reading. I’ve also included a couple in the etiquette section that were implied by others but not clearly stated. Please let me know if there is anything you think should be added to the Etiquette section.

Preparedness

1. Always have the following in your inventory: healing potions, remove disease, remove curse, remove poison, cure blindness, lesser restoration, and if you are a caster have some Mnemonic potions for when you run out of spell points, and a couple wands if you are a healer or have the UMD to use them.
    2. Have a way to heal yourself in the event the healer is not present or available
    3. Know your character’s capabilities and role in the group
    4. Get some striders or expeditious retreat clickies
    5. For casters: make sure you are properly stocked with spell components
    6. Make sure you have some sort of ranged weapon in your inventory
    7. Rogues make sure you have thieves tools in your inventory
    8. Insure your gear is repaired and the appropriate gear is equipped
    9. Become familiar with the quest by doing some research beforehand
    10. Understand dungeon scaling

Etiquette

1. Inform the group or at least the party leader if you are new or not familiar with the quest/raid
    2. Don’t pick up crests, keys, pull levers, turn valves, open doors or gates, unless expressly instructed to do so or are intimately familiar with the quest.
    3. If you pick up a mission critical item, inform the party leader and make sure they know you have it when it’s needed.
    4. Ask questions and be willing to learn from others
    5. If you pull a Mnemonic potion and don’t need it, offer it up to a healer in the group
    6. If you die before the quest is over, do not release and re-enter
    7. Do not leave the dungeon before it’s completed and the re-enter unless the party leader says it is OK
    8. Be careful when breaking crates and exploding barrels
    9. Always ask before using a hireling when in a group
    10. Keep up with the group, and don’t run ahead
    11. Read party chat and respond when addressed (voice or party chat)
    12. Make sure you are flagged for whatever chain or raid you are joining (can research on ddowiki)
    13. Ask before you summon anything, including a pet (Iron Defender / Dog)
    14. Be aware of your surroundings
    15. Always in good form to apologize if you are the first person to die in a quest
    16. Always in good form to thank someone when they heal or cast buffs on you
    17. If you disconnect (DC) apologize when you return; whether it’s in your control or not
    18. Never good form to rage quit
    19. Never good form to argue with the party leader or anyone trying to help you
    20. Ask party and raid leaders if there are any special loot rules at the beginning of raids
    21. If you are going away from your keyboard for any length of time type AFK (I’ll usually type AFK 2 or AFK 3 for the approximate time I’ll be AFK). And do not go AFK in the middle of a fight or a critical time in the quest if it can be avoided.
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````````````
    MuleAxe | Occidere| MuleRaptor | MuleFort | MuleParts

M O N A R C H
    of Thelanis

Community Member

Good, but some clarification:

Quote Originally Posted by MuleAxe View Post
    [*]Ask before you summon anything, including a pet (Iron Defender / Dog)
    Arti and druid pets are generally fine to summon without asking since they can be dismissed or controlled. This does not include mechanic rogue dogs. You summon that and you'll get booted and squelched at the first opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by MuleAxe View Post
    [*]If you pull a Mnemonic potion and don’t need it, offer it up to a healer in the group
    I'm happy to share SP pots in raids and rough quests, but I'm not autopassing them (and I wouldn't expect anyone else to). I've got healer toons, and it's also nice to keep a few banked for those elite raids when you know someone will need them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12