Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default Ran the Kings Forest quests on EE . . . it felt weird

    It felt really strange to run quests on the EE difficulty where:

    - The mob HP was reasonable
    - The mobs hit hard but not 300 a shot
    - DC casting casters and non-Shiradi sorcs were useful


    Seriously Turbine, what the hell happened in the High Road? You had EE difficulty balanced right before that time . . . U16 hits and you go full-********.

    Yes it's still beatable, streaked the EE GH flagging quests Monday painfully on a level 20) but the game just got much more stupid with the level 24 quests. You had a balance game, then decided to screw it all up, what's wrong with you?

  2. #2
    Community Member Kalimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,000

    Default

    High Road EE isnt much tougher than KF EE. And then to take it out a step further, GH EE isnt a whole lot worse than High Road. Seems fairly consistent in the increase in difficulty as the base level increases.

  3. #3
    The Hatchery danotmano1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The rainy side of earth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    It felt really strange to run quests on the EE difficulty where:

    - The mob HP was reasonable
    - The mobs hit hard but not 300 a shot
    - DC casting casters and non-Shiradi sorcs were useful
    I'd have to agree, the drow EE's "Feel" just about right in terms of reward/difficulty. The ones past there are kind of ridiculous, IMO.
    Sure, they're doable, but the scaling goes right through the roof. I shudder to think what lvl 28 quests will be like. Mobs one shotting everything that doesn't have 1K hp, and their HP's right around a million?
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

  4. #4
    The Hatchery NytCrawlr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    1,022

    Default

    Lower level quests, but I felt that the Web of Chaos chain was reasonably balanced on EE as well, at least on Lords of Dust anyways, my sorc was at least able to use dancing ball realiably

  5. #5
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    The Eberon Epics on EE feel "right" too. EE Chrono is just the right amount of "wrong."

  6. #6
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    I shudder to think what lvl 28 quests will be like. Mobs one shotting everything that doesn't have 1K hp, and their HP's right around a million?
    I have this concern as well, Turbine recently seems to only add "challenge" in the dumbest way possible.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    I'd have to agree, the drow EE's "Feel" just about right in terms of reward/difficulty. The ones past there are kind of ridiculous, IMO.
    Sure, they're doable, but the scaling goes right through the roof. I shudder to think what lvl 28 quests will be like. Mobs one shotting everything that doesn't have 1K hp, and their HP's right around a million?
    No, not at all. Mob hp follows an exponential function of their CR, with a base of 1.1. Given a rough estimate of maybe +(3-4) CR / +1 quest level, you are only looking at +12 or so CR. That'll only triple the mob hp. So, perhaps trash around 30k, and bosses around 500k - 600k. No where near a million! They need to gain a full 20 CR for that happen. So, around the time we get level 30 quests, :P.

  8. #8
    The Hatchery danotmano1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The rainy side of earth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdinus7 View Post
    That'll only triple the mob hp.
    Lol! Only...
    And we're looking at the enhancement nerf coming at around the same time. Go Turbine!

    /case closed
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NytCrawlr View Post
    Lower level quests, but I felt that the Web of Chaos chain was reasonably balanced on EE as well, at least on Lords of Dust anyways, my sorc was at least able to use dancing ball realiably
    LoD is nowhere near the difficulty of U16 or GH, it's total cakewalk.
    CR 28 Cultists with 2k hp, dogs and death knights have 8 - 9 k hp but hit like a girl, boss has maybe 40k hp, unbridled drops him to 1/4 of health and he hits for less than trash trolls or hobgoblins.
    It's easier than many heroic quests, imho it can't be used as "standard ".

  10. #10
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    It's easier than many heroic quests, imho it can't be used as "standard ".
    What should be standard? What feels right for EE?

    I'd say SLIGHTLY less than what we have in High Road. HR is a little over-tuned, GH is rul-******.

  11. #11
    2016 DDO Players Council Stoner81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,861

    Default

    Yet here is me who shudders at the thought of Epic Elites

    Stoner81.

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    What should be standard? What feels right for EE?

    I'd say SLIGHTLY less than what we have in High Road. HR is a little over-tuned, GH is rul-******.
    That's really not easy to answer, and depends on perspective.
    Old Carnival on palemaster was way too easy.
    Fens on full ****** evoker was easy, oob and adq was perfect.
    High road would be perfect if mobs would have fort saves maybe 2- 4 lower, -30% melee damage and not as high fort bypass. HP and spell damage can be the same imho.
    Non monk melee tactics would work with conisderable investment, and DC casting too.
    Now you don't have any means of disabling except adrenaline and jumping + trillion displace clickies is the only answer. On " decent " melee with cocoon, that is. Not some 20 life completionist with 65 stun:P
    While Detour is scary on melee, it's " okay enough to keep you on your toes " on ranged toon.
    But then you have monks with 70 stun, or 60 evo druids. Changing CR/saves or just any numbers might not change the "difficulty" but I don't know what would.

  13. #13
    Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TARTARUS
    Posts
    1,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    What should be standard? What feels right for EE?

    I'd say SLIGHTLY less than what we have in High Road. HR is a little over-tuned, GH is rul-******.
    Idk... Personally I love EGH just the way it is, with the exception of mob saves, and the saves for their caster's DC's.
    Honestly it's challenging, but fun. And I also really, really enjoy the Eveningstar EE's. You're right, they are different. But for an entirely different reason. In GH, you don't want to get hit by the mobs at all. They do so much damage in 1 swing it's kind of scary. Even if they do only average around 2-8K HP each on trash, without some form of reliable CC (Stuns, Druids, whatever you have that works) Going into melee range is just bad news for most people.

    And in Eveningstar, this is also true to some extent. But what gets me here more often than just regular mob DPS, is the drow poisons and the Sneak attack damage. If you're poisoned for even 2 seconds here, you're dead. And if you're not running at least 125% Fort every hit is a crit as far as sneak attack is concerned. It's also more annoying fighting Casters in EEEveningstar IMO. Ridiculous ability to self heal to full, some nice DR when that happens. And the dots. By all that is unholy those dots! I swear they're tied as the number one reason I die on EE in that area. Also, they like to spam neg levels like nobodies business.

    I think all they should change is the mobs Saves, and DC's. If you made DC casters useful in EE again I'd honestly be kind of worried that EEGH would become too easy for end game focused players. I mean, if you could get a disco ball to stick on mobs, or you knew that Wizard in your group would insta kill 3 of the 6 mobs in the room, would anyone be so intimidated by EEGH anymore? I'm not so sure.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

  14. #14
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Idk... Personally I love EGH just the way it is, with the exception of mob saves, and the saves for their caster's DC's.
    Honestly it's challenging, but fun. And I also really, really enjoy the Eveningstar EE's. You're right, they are different. But for an entirely different reason. In GH, you don't want to get hit by the mobs at all. They do so much damage in 1 swing it's kind of scary. Even if they do only average around 2-8K HP each on trash, without some form of reliable CC (Stuns, Druids, whatever you have that works) Going into melee range is just bad news for most people.
    .
    And that's part of what broken in this game. Mobs that hit that hard are just plain dumb.

    EE High Road, lower their saves like 4-5, down melee damage 20-30% and it's about right.

  15. #15
    2014 DDO Players Council
    SirValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    5,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I'd say SLIGHTLY less than what we have in High Road. HR is a little over-tuned, GH is rul-******.
    /signed

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload