Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Community Member Alistina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    A Planet far far away
    Posts
    171

    Default Dragonmarks WAI?

    I was building a crafting arti and realized the dragonmarks are available as both feats and enhancements.

    I took them in the human tree, but on further leveling, the feats were shown available as class feats..same as live. As far as I can tell, there is no difference in them (except of course, one appears in the character sheet in feat tab and other on the enhancement tab). Is this WAI or a mistake? (I'd guess to give the user a choice to spend AP or feats)

    PS. Sorry if this was answered earlier somewhere, I couldn't spot it...and too many posts to go through everything

  2. #2
    Community Member Rusty_Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Lost .....
    Posts
    1,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alistina View Post
    I was building a crafting arti and realized the dragonmarks are available as both feats and enhancements.
    [...]

    Is this WAI or a mistake? (I'd guess to give the user a choice to spend AP or feats)
    Correct.

    You can spend
    - 3 feats (least, lesser and greater DM) or
    - 1 feat (least DM is needed to unlock the enhancement line) + enhancement points in the racial tree.

    I haven't tested what happens if you do something "unusual" (e.g. 2 feats + enhancements.....).
    On Thelanis: Hallelujah (Spellsinger) - Jerryrigged Juggernaut (caster FvS) - Sepulchral (Druid) - Chopchopchop (Warlock) - Alleyshadow (retired gimped monkcher). Formerly on Keeper : Misericordia (Thug) - Mumbo Jumbo (Battle Caster) - Infernal Can (WF Kinda Cleric) - Halleluyah (Melee Spellsinger).

  3. #3
    Community Member Alistina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    A Planet far far away
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty_Can View Post
    Correct.

    I haven't tested what happens if you do something "unusual" (e.g. 2 feats + enhancements.....).
    Can't be done, as the preq for GDM/LDM feats won't be fulfilled unless you take the 1st feat and same with enhancements. They show either as feats/ enhancements, not both. Not sure what will happen if someone takes both (no reason to, but just wondering..lol)

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alistina View Post
    Can't be done, as the preq for GDM/LDM feats won't be fulfilled unless you take the 1st feat and same with enhancements. They show either as feats/ enhancements, not both. Not sure what will happen if someone takes both (no reason to, but just wondering..lol)
    you get +1 dragonmark use

  5. #5
    Community Member Alistina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    A Planet far far away
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hajutze View Post
    you get +1 dragonmark use
    Have you tested if the + to use from DM feats and enhancements stack?

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alistina View Post
    Have you tested if the + to use from DM feats and enhancements stack?
    Well I just remember taking the DM enhancements on my halfling and then I decided to take the other 2 feats for the heck of it. All I got was +1 use to what I already got so I just assumed feats + enhancements = the uses you get from the later +1.

  7. #7
    Community Member Alistina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    A Planet far far away
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hajutze View Post
    Well I just remember taking the DM enhancements on my halfling and then I decided to take the other 2 feats for the heck of it. All I got was +1 use to what I already got so I just assumed feats + enhancements = the uses you get from the later +1.
    I'm thinking there should be some kind of warning/restriction/method to prevent new/less experienced players from taking multiple copies through both feats and enhancements them for no good reason...

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alistina View Post
    I'm thinking there should be some kind of warning/restriction/method to prevent new/less experienced players from taking multiple copies through both feats and enhancements them for no good reason...
    I'd go with double the DM uses so people will have a reason to take them and use the ehhanncements.

  9. #9
    Community Member Alistina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    A Planet far far away
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hajutze View Post
    I'd go with double the DM uses so people will have a reason to take them and use the ehhanncements.
    Yeah would be good to hear from a dev what the intention behind this is. +1 to DM feat use is really not good enough (unless on rare occasion a very specific built with a lot of feats to spare like a healing DM halfling with fighter levels maybe).

    Now double DM use would be interesting and useful to develop DM based builts.

  10. #10
    Founder WeiQuinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    South Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alistina View Post
    Yeah would be good to hear from a dev what the intention behind this is. +1 to DM feat use is really not good enough (unless on rare occasion a very specific built with a lot of feats to spare like a healing DM halfling with fighter levels maybe).

    Now double DM use would be interesting and useful to develop DM based builts.
    I thought they were going to dump the higher dragonmark feats and just use the enhancements to access higher level dragonmark abilities... I don't have a Dev post to back that up, maybe I misunderstood what the intention was.
    WeiQuinn (Ranger 20/Epic 8) Syris (Ranger 18/Rogue 2/Epic 8) Torsade (Fighter 17) VaConMorte (Ranger 11/Monk 9/Epic 6) Neckron (Wizard 20/Epic 1) Shandrea (Ranger 15) Ryeva (Druid 12) Longthorne (Barbarian 6)

  11. #11
    2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,646

    Default

    From what we know the Two higher Dragonmark Feats are going to be removed, thus freeing up to two feats to all the characters that took them.

    Now they might not be removed at first, but anyway, you can get a Free Feat Exchange from a Quest in the Market, and we got another one last year ( I don't remember the reason why ),
    so you can have up to two free feat exchanges ( even 3 if your character is very old... I got one like that ).
    And it's not as if coaxing Fred to change a feat was hard even if you have to pay him.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload