Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Community Member Rico.Arcavius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default What to buy with 2500 TP?

    Hey, guys, I've playing for some time as a f2p, and now that I reached level 15, it's becoming hard to advance.

    I will buy the 2500 TP bundle to spend on adventure packs only. My main objective is to have a nice transition with this toon between mid/upper and epic levels.

    We still got the 20% of til tomorrow, so my first thought was Gianthold + Necro4 + "Vale of Twilight" OR "Reavers reach + Shavarath"

    What you recommend?

    Cheers

  2. #2
    Community Member NaturalHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rico.Arcavius View Post
    Hey, guys, I've playing for some time as a f2p, and now that I reached level 15, it's becoming hard to advance.

    I will buy the 2500 TP bundle to spend on adventure packs only. My main objective is to have a nice transition with this toon between mid/upper and epic levels.

    We still got the 20% of til tomorrow, so my first thought was Gianthold + Necro4 + "Vale of Twilight" OR "Reavers reach + Shavarath"

    What you recommend?

    Cheers
    Um a lot of people don't play reavers reach and even shavarath as much anymore. I think Gianthold+vale of twilight are the most important, necro4 has some nice xp, I don't know if many people run abbot on your server that much? Evening star was a lot of fun for me I don't know how much it would cost for you I bought it when it was on sale.

    Yeah you should hit 19-20 with those three, i didn't like reavers reach armour crafting it was such a pain in the ass to find the right runes, but some people liked the quests and I still see it run for xp mainly people who are tring. Savarath I still kinda like the ring sets, even though there is now better gear ala evening star/epic GH, and I like my yugo pots .
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 07-03-2013 at 06:25 AM.

  3. #3
    Community Member Rico.Arcavius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Um a lot of people don't play reavers reach and even shavarath as much anymore. I think Gianthold+vale of twilight are the most important, necro4 has some nice xp, I don't know if many people run abbot on your server that much? Evening star was a lot of fun for me I don't know how much it would cost for you I bought it when it was on sale.
    Thanks for the insight! With GH + Necro4 + Vale, I should reach 19~20. Then there is a couple of f2p epic adventures to run...

  4. #4
    Community Member spectroum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Greece baby
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Lets analyze it a bit...

    Necro4 includes 14-15 lvl quests which give a load of xp and are easily farmable. Especially Litany. So with the appropriate planning necro4 can give you 2 levels easily and up to 3 if you use xp pots/tomes and such. It also includes a raid which is pretty quick to run and has pretty nice items. Also necro4 has very nice items that you can get in exchange for tapestries,shield fragments etc (outside of quests). So overall it covers many areas.

    Vale includes 16 lvl quests which also give a load of xp but only 2 of them can be farmed (rainbow and running) but still the base xp on each quest is pretty high and this pack actually is a huge boost towards cap. You can get from 16 to 18 or 17 to 19 easily and many ppl hit cap with it as its common to keep lvl 18 (while you are 19) and farm those quests out. It also includes a raid which isnt worth running for xp and is pretty long but you can craft unique items from there (can barely find similar attributes from other items in game similar to GS items) and still GS items are used the same in end game as in lvling up. So overall it covers many areas too with an addition to unique items that can be used from lvl 11/12 to 25.

    GH includes 13-14 lvl guests which also give a load of xp and especially the walk-ups are very and easily farmable. Flagging quests arent but their base xp is pretty high. Same deal here you can get 2-3 lvls (13/14-15/16). It also includes a raid which is pretty boring and not popular for xp but has somenice items (eg Madstone Boots are still extremely usefull to melee classes). You also have the opportunity to craft dragonscale armors which are the very best imo for lvling up from 14 to 20+. You are able also to run all these quests on epic and a different raid than the heroic one and get a load of end game gear from there. So to sum up here, it covers mostly the xp part for heroic stuff and a big part of end game gear set up.

    Just those 3 packs can get you from lvl 13 all the way up to lvl 18/19 as a legend toon. For hero,adventurer and champion you cap easily with those 3.


    RR includes 17 lvl quests which lets be honest here, only 2 of them are worth running (monastery and etk) BUT those 2 give a **** load of xp. Its a huge boost towards your heroic xp but require an experience group to farm out all these xp. Item-wise its just not worth it at all.

    Amrath includes 18/19 lvl quests which sadly their xp is so **** that ppl dont even bother running. The raid isnt worth running for xp too and the items provided are nice but not that mandatory for end game. Pretty much whats worth here imo are the yugo pots you can get from favor (check wiki) and maybe some clickies.

    Also nice packs are IQ-DD since they give many xp but require a lot of farm also. Although you can find easily such groups and if you find the 19->20 gap very hard to close then those 2 packs are the answer. Also you can get some but very few usefull items from here (xachosian,ioun stones).

    Consider what are your needs (if you want a pack for certain gear or for xp to close some lvl gaps or to make fast TR lives) and buy the appropriate.

    Hope that helps dude.
    Gimpfest
    Gorlacon 6th life BF Assassin ~ Gyristroula 6th life Human Disciple of Light ~ Reepz 5th life PDK Kensei ~ Gorlaxz 5th life BF Pala
    Orien

  5. #5
    Uber Completionist luvirini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,377

    Default

    The most important pack to get is vale of twilight. On first lifer you can get all the xp you need for 18-20 there easily if you want to repeat quests. (hold level 18 until you have xp for level 20) Very easy to find groups.

    Second pack I would recommend is gianthold, if you run the walkups(level 13 quests) first, holding level 15 until you have xp buffered(most of a level) and then running the level 14 quests later, you can actually get fairly easily enough xp to get to 18 and vale range. This pack will also help you later in epic levels as it has an epic option. Very easy to find groups.

    After that in priority I would buy three smaller packs: path of inspiration and Dreaming dark to fill in the later levels so that you can go to vale a bit earlier and still not struggle to get to 20, Easy to find groups.

    And then I would buy Phiarlan carnival as a easy low level epic pack, that together with the Lord of dust free quest series will get you the the higher epic levels so you can go to epic gianthold that is harder. Fairly easy to find groups.

    Those would be a total of about 3000 points so with the 20% off they should be under 2500.

    If you TR later, then I would buy necro IV later with the points you have earned from favor before you get there in next life as that pack has several quests at level 14, allowing you to run them at level 16 to make sure you reach level 18 before going to vale. But as first lifer that is not needed as the XP requirement is that much lower.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,303

    Default

    if this is your first purchase of TP/stuff, STRONGLY consider purchasing MOTU standard pack instead! For extra $6, you get a lot more than what you can get for 2500 TP.

    3 Forgotten Realms Adventure Packs
    The King's Forest
    The Underdark
    The Demonweb

    Epic Destinies

    Druid Class

    Eveningstar Challenge Pack

    Greater Tome of Learning (1 free tome per DDO game world)

    1,000 Turbine Points

    Veteran Status (lvl 4)

    DDO Classics Adventure Pack bundle
    Phiarlan Carnival
    Attack on Stormreach
    The Path of Inspiration
    The Dreaming Dark

  7. #7
    Community Member arkonas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spectroum View Post
    Lets analyze it a bit...

    Necro4 includes 14-15 lvl quests which give a load of xp and are easily farmable. Especially Litany. So with the appropriate planning necro4 can give you 2 levels easily and up to 3 if you use xp pots/tomes and such. It also includes a raid which is pretty quick to run and has pretty nice items. Also necro4 has very nice items that you can get in exchange for tapestries,shield fragments etc (outside of quests). So overall it covers many areas.

    Vale includes 16 lvl quests which also give a load of xp but only 2 of them can be farmed (rainbow and running) but still the base xp on each quest is pretty high and this pack actually is a huge boost towards cap. You can get from 16 to 18 or 17 to 19 easily and many ppl hit cap with it as its common to keep lvl 18 (while you are 19) and farm those quests out. It also includes a raid which isnt worth running for xp and is pretty long but you can craft unique items from there (can barely find similar attributes from other items in game similar to GS items) and still GS items are used the same in end game as in lvling up. So overall it covers many areas too with an addition to unique items that can be used from lvl 11/12 to 25.

    GH includes 13-14 lvl guests which also give a load of xp and especially the walk-ups are very and easily farmable. Flagging quests arent but their base xp is pretty high. Same deal here you can get 2-3 lvls (13/14-15/16). It also includes a raid which is pretty boring and not popular for xp but has somenice items (eg Madstone Boots are still extremely usefull to melee classes). You also have the opportunity to craft dragonscale armors which are the very best imo for lvling up from 14 to 20+. You are able also to run all these quests on epic and a different raid than the heroic one and get a load of end game gear from there. So to sum up here, it covers mostly the xp part for heroic stuff and a big part of end game gear set up.

    Just those 3 packs can get you from lvl 13 all the way up to lvl 18/19 as a legend toon. For hero,adventurer and champion you cap easily with those 3.


    RR includes 17 lvl quests which lets be honest here, only 2 of them are worth running (monastery and etk) BUT those 2 give a **** load of xp. Its a huge boost towards your heroic xp but require an experience group to farm out all these xp. Item-wise its just not worth it at all.

    Amrath includes 18/19 lvl quests which sadly their xp is so **** that ppl dont even bother running. The raid isnt worth running for xp too and the items provided are nice but not that mandatory for end game. Pretty much whats worth here imo are the yugo pots you can get from favor (check wiki) and maybe some clickies.

    Also nice packs are IQ-DD since they give many xp but require a lot of farm also. Although you can find easily such groups and if you find the 19->20 gap very hard to close then those 2 packs are the answer. Also you can get some but very few usefull items from here (xachosian,ioun stones).

    Consider what are your needs (if you want a pack for certain gear or for xp to close some lvl gaps or to make fast TR lives) and buy the appropriate.

    Hope that helps dude.


    can i mentioned when you talked about vale you forgot to mention slayer goes up to 5k each side and up to level 21. No to mention you forgot Vale of twilight also gets you access to subterrane a raid slayer area 2 raids levels 12-21 as well. Granted people don't run the raids anymore but still lets tell them everything

  8. #8
    Community Member Paryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spectroum View Post
    Lets analyze it a bit...


    Vale includes 16 lvl quests which also give a load of xp but only 2 of them can be farmed (rainbow and running) but still the base xp on each quest is pretty high and this pack actually is a huge boost towards cap. You can get from 16 to 18 or 17 to 19 easily and many ppl hit cap with it as its common to keep lvl 18 (while you are 19) and farm those quests out. It also includes a raid which isnt worth running for xp and is pretty long but you can craft unique items from there (can barely find similar attributes from other items in game similar to GS items) and still GS items are used the same in end game as in lvling up. So overall it covers many areas too with an addition to unique items that can be used from lvl 11/12 to 25.

    .
    Sorry to nitpick, but it may help with XP in the 18-20 range.....vale includes 3 raids.....hound and vision of destruction as well as shroud....
    Agro - Paryan, Pary, Parrii, Parriahh
    Bringers of Darkness

  9. #9
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Get necro 4, although I think you should buy the whole pack if you can, get vale and gh, if you plan on tring buy reavers reach when you can.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rico.Arcavius View Post
    Hey, guys, I've playing for some time as a f2p, and now that I reached level 15, it's becoming hard to advance.

    I will buy the 2500 TP bundle to spend on adventure packs only. My main objective is to have a nice transition with this toon between mid/upper and epic levels.

    We still got the 20% of til tomorrow, so my first thought was Gianthold + Necro4 + "Vale of Twilight" OR "Reavers reach + Shavarath"
    Its a good thought, but I would recommend Vale of Twilight+Giant Hold+Necro4 over Reavers Refuge + Shavarath.

    On the other hand, if you are into Epic Levels at all, I would highly recommend spending 5 more dollars into buying the MOTU pack, you got 15 new FR quests, and lot more extra packs, Epic Destinies, a greater tome of learning (50% extra XP on your main all the time!) and extra 1000TP as a gift which you can then use to buy Vale of Twilight too.

    With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    if this is your first purchase of TP/stuff, STRONGLY consider purchasing MOTU standard pack instead! For extra $6, you get a lot more than what you can get for 2500 TP.

    3 Forgotten Realms Adventure Packs
    The King's Forest
    The Underdark
    The Demonweb

    Epic Destinies

    Druid Class

    Eveningstar Challenge Pack

    Greater Tome of Learning (1 free tome per DDO game world)

    1,000 Turbine Points

    Veteran Status (lvl 4)

    DDO Classics Adventure Pack bundle
    Phiarlan Carnival
    Attack on Stormreach
    The Path of Inspiration
    The Dreaming Dark
    +1

    This is definitely a better buy. You should have no trouble farming PoI or DD for XP, and you can use the 1k TP to pick up Vale (though I'm VIP and can't see the price) which will give you enough to get to 20 and then you get most everything to 25.

    IMO, avoid Necro like the plague unless you've already got Vale, GH, PoI, and DD. It was one of the first packs I bought when not VIP (when I got the I-IV bundle) plus Vale, and beyond farming two quests and one helm (which you don't need anymore due to augments), it's pretty much a waste of TP. Now, if you're in a guild that commits to running it, that's one thing, but if you're not, and mostly a pugger, there's very few people going into any Necro quest beyond 2 or them anymore except for single run thrus for BB or a later run thru for favor. There's only really one group that runs a pug Abbot on GLand, and the failure rate of Abbot is pretty ridiculous (and drop rates stink to boot).

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    Its a good thought, but I would recommend Vale of Twilight+Giant Hold+Necro4 over Reavers Refuge + Shavarath.

    On the other hand, if you are into Epic Levels at all, I would highly recommend spending 5 more dollars into buying the MOTU pack, you got 15 new FR quests, and lot more extra packs, Epic Destinies, a greater tome of learning (50% extra XP on your main all the time!) and extra 1000TP as a gift which you can then use to buy Vale of Twilight too.
    I'd rank Shavarath well above Necro 4 or Reavers. Lots of good clickies that get used at higher levels, Yugo pots, and much easier to find groups for quests than either Necro IV or Reavers. Reavers armor gets outdated so quickly it's not worth much more than running for favor.

  13. #13
    Community Member spectroum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Greece baby
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paryan View Post
    Sorry to nitpick, but it may help with XP in the 18-20 range.....vale includes 3 raids.....hound and vision of destruction as well as shroud....
    yea true but you will need lower lvl packs to boost you up so you can enter vale at higher lvl...and also ppl run all these raids usually (actually always) at cap so the xp given has a big penalty...sure they give xp but i dont think they can contribute much towards someone's xp (even for a 1st lifer). But yea i should had at least mentioned those too.
    Gimpfest
    Gorlacon 6th life BF Assassin ~ Gyristroula 6th life Human Disciple of Light ~ Reepz 5th life PDK Kensei ~ Gorlaxz 5th life BF Pala
    Orien

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rico.Arcavius View Post
    Hey, guys, I've playing for some time as a f2p, and now that I reached level 15, it's becoming hard to advance.

    I will buy the 2500 TP bundle to spend on adventure packs only. My main objective is to have a nice transition with this toon between mid/upper and epic levels.

    We still got the 20% of til tomorrow, so my first thought was Gianthold + Necro4 + "Vale of Twilight" OR "Reavers reach + Shavarath"

    What you recommend?

    Cheers

    Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    if this is your first purchase of TP/stuff, STRONGLY consider purchasing MOTU standard pack instead! For extra $6, you get a lot more than what you can get for 2500 TP.
    The MotU Bundle is definitely the way to go.

    It will just barely bridge you to 20 on it's own, and with the included TP, you can purchase either Vale or Gianthold which will easily get you from 15 to 20. Try to squeeze in Devil's Assault pack as an efficient mechanism for earning tokens with which to purchase a Heart of Wood.


    First life F2P can make it to beyond rank 90 without any packs if they wait until level 16 to run the 6 highest level F2P quests, and then run them the same number of times that most TRs run Litany. Vale is all that is needed for a first life character to bridge from 15 to 20, however it offers no epic content. Gianthold will easily get you close enough to start running IQ/DD and finish the journey. You don't need all of Nec-4 AND Gianthold AND Vale.


    Purchasing Turbine Points and then getting Vale and Gianthold is great, but without epic destinies, getting above level 20 isn't much value.

    The MotU pack addresses this and includes some content and Epic Destinies for your character once you're past level 20.


    For TR lives, you'll want Reaver's Refuge and Nec-4 and the other packs that have been mentioned, but only as a path to get you to 20. These packs offer very little for someone above level 20.

  15. #15
    Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council
    TrinityTurtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Findlay, OH
    Posts
    3,151

    Default

    Another point to the great analysis Spectroum did is thatGH give you epic level quests, which will mater when you hit level 20 and beyond. The only epics that are free to play off the top of my head currently are the lords of dust chain. Which is only 4, if you count Beyond the Rift. (And I may be mistaken about beyond the rift being free).

    GH will give you 4 flagging quests, a raid, and six walkups totaling 11 epic quests bringing your total to 15. (Unless you have motu, which then you obviously have a great many more). While you're problem right now is obviously levels 16 to 20, it doesn't hurt to be thinking ahead or you'll be in this position again shortly.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

    Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

  16. #16
    Uber Completionist luvirini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,377

    Default

    Indeed buying the MOTU pack from DDO market gives better value than 2500 points.

    Then you can buy vale now with the points you get from it and then save the remaining points+any points you earn for favor after this so you can buy gianthold for epic use after you are done with the quests in MOTU.

  17. #17
    Community Member brian14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spectroum View Post
    Lets analyze it a bit...

    Necro4 includes 14-15 lvl quests which give a load of xp and are easily farmable. Especially Litany. So with the appropriate planning necro4 can give you 2 levels easily and up to 3 if you use xp pots/tomes and such. It also includes a raid which is pretty quick to run and has pretty nice items. Also necro4 has very nice items that you can get in exchange for tapestries,shield fragments etc (outside of quests). So overall it covers many areas.
    While most of this is true, Litany is "easily farmable" only if you flag for it. And Litany has the worst, most frustrating flagging system in all of DDO. I have been playing since 2009, and still do not have a single toon flagged! By the time you flag for Litany (if you ever do), you will be well past level 20 or on your next life.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

    "Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

  18. #18
    Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council
    TrinityTurtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Findlay, OH
    Posts
    3,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    While most of this is true, Litany is "easily farmable" only if you flag for it. And Litany has the worst, most frustrating flagging system in all of DDO. I have been playing since 2009, and still do not have a single toon flagged! By the time you flag for Litany (if you ever do), you will be well past level 20 or on your next life.
    That isn't quite true for everyone, we just gain our level doing the farming for the sigils on all our toons. And it's easier than it was when we started (I started around the same time) since they drop in the rare chests now. The best way to flag is in a group working together and sharing sigil pieces so the whole group gets there instead of a group where people hoard them for future lives or alone, but it can be done solo if you have the quest repeat patience.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

    Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

  19. #19
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myliftkk_v2 View Post
    I'd rank Shavarath well above Necro 4 or Reavers. Lots of good clickies that get used at higher levels, Yugo pots, and much easier to find groups for quests than either Necro IV or Reavers. Reavers armor gets outdated so quickly it's not worth much more than running for favor.
    On what server are you?
    Necro 4 is not hard, gives great xp and is fast.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload