Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Really lame. Absolutely no need for it in the main UI. Do I really need to be constantly reminded how many AS I have?

I've largely ignored the AS currency altogether. I spend money from the store when I want and I don't see the point of an additional currency. I also hate the ASAH with a passion. It's just diluted the normal in-game AH, which is an integral part of the health of the actual game.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post

A$ currency is something that Turbine is pushing and wants to work. they see it as a good money maker for them because they take a ridiculous amount of commission on both the sale of and the purchase of items .
    And without that bolded part it would have been met with much greater acceptance.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Dude . . . there's almost NOTHING in the Shard Exchange on my server. I even have a few thousand that I got from selling stuff . . . and there's NOTHING to buy because NOBODYS IS RUNNING end-game right now.

On Ghallanda last night searching for level 25 items I think yielded 3 pages . . . all ****.

it's failing because the drop-rates on stuff that gives maybe a 2-3% improvement over stuff we had before is so ****-poor nobody is bother to farm them. The P2Win suckers have already spent their RL money on this and there are only so many fools.
    you should check out Khyber than. a lot more end game going on there, just not much pugging EE, and the numbers I used are from that server I check 2-3 times a day at least.

you should check out Khyber than. a lot more end game going on there, just not much pugging EE, and the numbers I used are from that server I check 2-3 times a day at least.
    Interesting, how many pages of level 25 items are there on the Khyber shard exchange?

My bet is the whole Shard Exchange thing was a colossal failure
    You are absolutely insane if you think the Shard Exchange has been a failure for Turbine... They have a made a TON of short-term money on it...

Long-term, will it hurt the game? Maybe... But I guarentee no one there considers it anything but a success so far.
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Note I think this UI feature is worthless and lame, and just makes Turbine look like a money-grubbing evil corporation.

Nobody needs to see their Astral Shards on the screen all the time...
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    You are absolutely insane if you think the Shard Exchange has been a failure for Turbine... They have a made a TON of short-term money on it...

Long-term, will it hurt the game? Maybe... But I guarentee no one there considers it anything but a success so far.
    Failure = not living up to management's expectations. I should have clarified that.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlugger View Post
    No sir, I don't like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDGlN6mluGA

Community Member

Kill it with Fire!

other then that just let us disable it and i am happy, because there is nothing absolutely nothing to buy with AS.
    I have now 1300AS and nothing to buy with them...
    I even started wasting them on Daily Gold Rolls just to do something with them and they still increase...
    And no, i never bought even a single AS and if there wont be added a metric ton of stuff to do with them i dont see a reason to buy them.
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Community Member

Agreed, while not a major thing i find it annoying and unnecessary.
    Add all currencies to it and have an option to disable it that would be nice.
    Or if Turbine is tottaly set on having that forced, i've got an idea for a useful VIP perk.......

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

It seems lame and in-your-face-money-grabbing, but it's not a deal-breaker for me. I'm much more concerned about the impact of the enhancement pass on my builds than a small UI object.
    It's definitely an N-word.

On the regular ah it seems the number of stuff has gone done level 20-25 items and other crafting supplies im not supprised about that but it does appear to me that the number of 20-25 good loot on the astral shard AH has dropped as well over the last couple of months this is on khyber. Less end game being played or more people using the trade channels for direct trading? I think it might be a combo of both as people are put off by how much they lose to the commission? I for one would rather sell my stuff for a straight TP code I think i get more out of that than astral shards.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

This is dumb.

On the other had, I would like to have 4 numbers on my screen: one green, one blue one red, and one white.

Green number is remaining slots in ingredient bags,
    Blue number is remaining slots in gem bags.
    Red number is remaining slots in collectible bags.
    White number is remaining slots in inventory.

This display I would welcome, AS display is worthless waste of space.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    This is dumb.

On the other had, I would like to have 4 numbers on my screen: one green, one blue one red, and one white.

Green number is remaining slots in ingredient bags,
    Blue number is remaining slots in gem bags.
    Red number is remaining slots in collectible bags.
    White number is remaining slots in inventory.

This display I would welcome, AS display is worthless waste of space.
    maybe a spell componant one?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    maybe a spell componant one?
    You can drag your spell components to a toolbar and it will show you how many you have left.

As for this AS display, I agree that it's a useless "feature" and rather foolish from a business standpoint -- you don't get people to become customers by annoying them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12