Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Default Happy with astral shards as a permanent part of you main UI?

Originally posted on the Lamannia discussion forum, but just incase that closes when Lama land goes down tomorrow:

I get that you guys want to make it as easy as possible for people to spend money. I really do.

But I pay a VIP subscription, I buy the collectors addition of expansions and I spend money on TP whenever the whim takes me.

I don't need a constant on-screen reminder of my astral shard balance tucked away at the bottom right of my screen, with an option to take me directly to the store to buy more if accidentally I click on it.

I can't see a UI option to disable this.

Just remove it folks, it's tacky and beneath you. Astral shards are not the primary currency in the game, they're an add-on for people who want to invest in them. I don't.

I just cover it up with a chat window and ignore it, since that's where the window was before.
    Carpe D.M.! (Sieze the Dungeon Master!)
    Founder #2003 - Interocitor Repair - Call for discount prices

it is kinda out of place, but if they do keep it it would be nice if they added plat, gold, ect.

That's tacky and low, even for turbine. Tsk, tsk.

And speaking of skinning ugly things, how about releasing whatever it is that the UI skin developers need, to un-uglify the current layout?

Quomodo cecidisti de cælo, Lucifer, qui mane oriebaris. corruisti in terram, qui vulnerabas gentes.
    Qui dicebas in corde tuo: In cælum conscendam, super astra Dei exaltabo solium meum.

So despite the fact that pretty much every place I can spend shards also has my balance somewhere on the window I make the purchase, and I can also check if I'm wondering at any time by simply opening my inventory...

I don't even need to finish.

Don't like it there. Don't want it there. I know where to go to see my "wallet" balances. Why does Turbine assume I have to know what my balance is in the middle of questing, running around public areas, etc.

/Supported

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

*shrug* yet another bit of prime screen real estate that goes away.

/signed for removing the thing.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

In the green heart of GERMANY - where wilderness means the next village is 3 klicks away.

Its tacky.

It smells of a cheap pay-to-win browsergame.

--> Get rid of this.
    Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzmarschall (melee FvS) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

AOK - From Argonnessen

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noctus View Post
    Its tacky.

--> Get rid of this.
    They have been panhandling for money for a long time. I dont see how that little inch box on screen is worse than, like, all the other bull they fling at us.

At least they finally fixed (on live) the issue where you click on your plat and it would ask if you wanted to add shards

Thumbs down

No sir, I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctus View Post
    Its tacky.

--> Get rid of this.
    What do you expect from a company who hires Zynga failures as their marketing people?

My bet is the whole Shard Exchange thing was a colossal failure and this latest bucket of stupidity is a grasped-straw trying to save it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    I get that you guys want to make it as easy as possible for people to spend money. I really do.

But I pay a VIP subscription, I buy the collectors addition of expansions and I spend money on TP whenever the whim takes me.

I don't need a constant on-screen reminder of my astral shard balance tucked away at the bottom right of my screen, with an option to take me directly to the store to buy more if accidentally I click on it.

Just remove it folks, it's tacky and beneath you. Astral shards are not the primary currency in the game, they're an add-on for people who want to invest in them. I don't.
    Agreed. I've been VIP from several weeks after starting playing the game. I also spend money on the game as I feel, being an adult with plenty of disposable income. I do not respond to cheap marketing tricks, but understand that is part of the f2p mechanic.

So how about just getting rid of this **** for VIPs at least?

Thanks for your consideration.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    /signed - especially this part. I don't need something that will cause a window to fill my entire screen during combat if I accidentally click on it.

I'm wondering how well this worked out for Turbine.. The whole Astral Shard thing, that is.

I am fairly certain we haven't seen or heard the last of these. If anything, my guess would be that they continue to add "services" to the shards, slowly sliding things towards this new currency until it practically becomes a mandatory part of the game.

I'm hoping they get the message that this isn't a popular addition and they keep it as a wholly optional choice that I and many others can completely ignore. At least with Turbine points, I'm not throwing away 1/3 of them just for the "privilege" of using their shiny new monetary system.

As for this new part of the UI... I just have to shake my head in disappointment in this choice. They STILL haven't fixed their UI for the shards by adding "This (blank) roll will cost you (x) shards". Instead they left it alone regardless of dozens of threads where people got taken for a chunk of $$ unwittingly. So yeah, not surprised in the least.

/Signed for removing it, since the whole Astral Shard thing is, IMO, too greedy on their part for me to want to participate in.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Hopes on the bandwagon with everyone else. While I don't mind the astral shards, the asah, or other things (especially given the amount of threads over the years I've read/participated in with comments that people would pay to be able to sell bound items), I don't really want or need to give up my UI real estate for something like that.

We already lose a great deal of us real estate to our hot bars, buff bars, hp bars, examine window, quest objectives window, etc. etc. which are all at least useful things. Don't take away more space for goofy things!
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Please, Turbine. This is completely unnecessary.
    If I want to be reminded of how many astral shards I have, I can simply press "i" and check it in my inventory.
    This is the level drain thing all over again.
    /signed

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    What do you expect from a company who hires Zynga failures as their marketing people?

My bet is the whole Shard Exchange thing was a colossal failure and this latest bucket of stupidity is a grasped-straw trying to save it.
    I don't think so. pre-P2WAH, it was common to see 1k+ pages on the AH. since then, I see an average of 300-400 daily. P2WAH has been up and down between 50-65 pages since it was up and running. I cant imagine too many people are spending A$ in quests to repair or swap EDs or spending A$ instead of plat to respec. it would make sense to me also that people are spending A$ on the good loot and not for some +1 longbow of lacerating.

A$ currency is something that Turbine is pushing and wants to work. they see it as a good money maker for them because they know people would pay RL money for A$ to get the hard to get loot which also happens to be a lot of the BtCoE. its dangerously close to putting loot in the DDO store. if it failed or is failing, that is only because enough people found a way to not spend RL money on A$ and turning them around back into the economy where they got them from. this is a big reason why they will continue to be rare drops in game and a lot of people cant rely on DD for A$.

Hero your astral shards are running low go to the store to top up.........................................

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I don't think so. pre-P2WAH, it was common to see 1k+ pages on the AH. since then, I see an average of 300-400 daily. P2WAH has been up and down between 50-65 pages since it was up and running. I cant imagine too many people are spending A$ in quests to repair or swap EDs or spending A$ instead of plat to respec. it would make sense to me also that people are spending A$ on the good loot and not for some +1 longbow of lacerating.

A$ currency is something that Turbine is pushing and wants to work. they see it as a good money maker for them because they know people would pay RL money for A$ to get the hard to get loot which also happens to be a lot of the BtCoE. its dangerously close to putting loot in the DDO store. if it failed or is failing, that is only because enough people found a way to not spend RL money on A$ and turning them around back into the economy where they got them from. this is a big reason why they will continue to be rare drops in game and a lot of people cant rely on DD for A$.
    Dude . . . there's almost NOTHING in the Shard Exchange on my server. I even have a few thousand that I got from selling stuff . . . and there's NOTHING to buy because NOBODYS IS RUNNING end-game right now.

On Ghallanda last night searching for level 25 items I think yielded 3 pages . . . all ****.

it's failing because the drop-rates on stuff that gives maybe a 2-3% improvement over stuff we had before is so ****-poor nobody is bother to farm them. The P2Win suckers have already spent their RL money on this and there are only so many fools.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast