Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    If racial enhancements counted towards all class requirements, or half, it would make the single tree focus a little more viable. I also don't see a problem with taking abilities in a tree you don't plan on utilizing all the time in order to get capstone.

I do however think capstones need a boost to really fulfill the namesake for your class. I have posted about it before.
    Man . . . getting to 40 AP on a bard to get to Capstone is just utterly insulting. You have to buy so much useless junk to get there . . .

I'm not sure capstone is worth it on anything other than Wizard at this point. Splashing something just makes too much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post

I'm not sure capstone is worth it on anything other than Wizard at this point. Splashing something just makes too much sense.
    Achmage capstone. PM capstone is pure garbage. Oh, original monk casptone is here too... in one tree. ****.

My problem is they don't give us general class trees with solid capstone. General enhancements that I want are spread in several trees. Capstone I want is only in a tree (not always the right one) Lame. Racial trees are overprized too and I must pick too garbage for obtain the one or two things that I want.

If they want to make easier to create new prestige trees should create general class trees. It would be much easier to add new trees with specialized enhancements if they have covered the general enhancements in other tree.

Racial tree should not have the same cost (as class trees) and should contribute to class trees. Class trees are more important and needed, the racial one is only complementary- racial add something to class enhancements, but don’t replace them.
    Last edited by Iriale; 07-08-2013 at 05:14 AM.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Man . . . getting to 40 AP on a bard to get to Capstone is just utterly insulting. You have to buy so much useless junk to get there . . .

To tell the truth, even on a Wizard, I'm not sure it's worth staying pure.

It might be better to gaining Evasion instead of getting 200 SP, a bonus Feat and the either capstone. With EDs, the spell pool increases so much that the lose of 200 SP from levels 19 and 20 isn't as big a dent as it should be. The Wizard Bonus feat might be lost, but at level 28 we pick up another feat anyway. The Pale Master capstone is just +2 Int (so 1 DC and 1 Spellcraft) and 5% negative healing in Shroud form. The Archmage captsone is +2 Int, +5 Spellcraft, and metacasting is only one SP less. I'm really not seeing much incentive in either capstone when Evasion can mitigate incoming damage.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisS117 View Post
    Think about this. In real life, if you want to learn a skill, you have to learn the basics first. You can't just jump into the advanced stuff, you need basic knowledge, and then increasingly complex knowledge until you can grasp the highest. For example, you have to know addition and subtraction before multiplication and devision, multiplication and devision before algebra and geometry, algebra and geometry before trigonometry, and algebra, geometry, and trigonomotry before calculus. You can't just jump to calculus because it's the most useful. The same applies in DDO: all that "useless fluff" in most cases is vital basic physical or mental requirements for your character before they can grasp the higher stuff. Even in unconnected cases, the tree as a whole represents knowledge, training, and devotion to a particular skill set; the more you have, the more complex and incredible the stuff you can understand and do.
    This type of analogy might hold water if every single ability in a tree were tightly & synergistically connected, but they aren't. They crammed all the general abilities into prestige trees where they may or may not fit. Your idea of algebra->geometry->trig->calc makes sense but their current system looks more like algebra->drawing->music->history->french->geometry->etc. You have to spend points all over the place in unrelated abilities to advance up a tree.

The way it should be setup is that general abilities all go into general trees and focusing on certain areas opens up prestige options (trees) which are much more specialized. This is basically how it works right now and would have been easy enough to implement in this new UI but they decided against it for some reason.

With that type of system the AP limitations would make more sense in the prestige trees but even then class & racial trees should not have such restrictions. All class & racial abilities should have min lvl or 'AP spent anywhere' requirements and that's it. 'AP spent in tree' only makes sense if the prestige trees are much more focused.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12