Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    302

    Default If Poison Traps are Going to Deal Damage then. . .

    I suggest the following:

    1. For consistency, EVERYTHING that is poison should deal damage (poison type) AND ability damage (as per the actual rules of the game. You know, those things you ignore these days?). Spells, weapons, natural attacks, traps, etc.

    2. Add POISON RESISTANCE as a form of energy resistance. This would act just like any other ER against the HP damage of poison attacks.

    3. Restore POISON IMMUNITY or change Proof Against Poison as follows: Poison Immunity would negate the ability score damage from poison while leaving the HP damage intact. Or change Proof Against Poison to where the bonus (i.e., PAP +6) acts as DR against the ability score damage. For example, PAP +6 would negate 6 points of ability damage from a poison attack. Note that's total, not per saving throw. So you might still take damage if you fail the secondary save.

    4. Add NATURAL POISONS to the game. As it stands, PAP is supposed to make you immune to natural poisons. It does not do that. Or it does, and you've just changed everything with a poison attack to make it a magical poison (which is some bogus ****).

    5. Add POISONS FOR WEAPONS. These should be available to buy in some shops, and craftable by Assassins, Druids, and Artificers. One "dose" could add poison damage to a weapon for x amount of time or x number of successful hits.

    6. Do all of the above to diseases as well.

  2. #2
    Community Member redspecter23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    The absolute first thing I want to see with traps is to have them work equally for players and mobs. I get that a mob might know how to avoid springing it's own trap, but once it's sprung and he's standing right in it, I want him to take damage, just as I do unless there is some very good reason why he doesn't. Every time I see the ogres dancing in the force traps in Greymoon, it makes me cringe.

    I also want poison immunity stripped from pretty much every mob that still has it. If players can't have it, then mobs shouldn't either.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

  3. #3
    Community Member Sokól's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    The absolute first thing I want to see with traps is to have them work equally for players and mobs. I get that a mob might know how to avoid springing it's own trap, but once it's sprung and he's standing right in it, I want him to take damage, just as I do unless there is some very good reason why he doesn't. Every time I see the ogres dancing in the force traps in Greymoon, it makes me cringe.

    I also want poison immunity stripped from pretty much every mob that still has it. If players can't have it, then mobs shouldn't either.
    I was just thinking the same thing when I did Greymoon the other day lol
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

  4. #4
    Community Member DynaTheCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Getting sprayed in the face is piercing damage. It just stings. :/

  5. #5
    Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    work....
    Posts
    30,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DynaTheCat View Post
    Getting sprayed in the face is piercing damage. It just stings. :/
    The googles, they do nothing.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    The googles, they do nothing.
    Apparently people prefer Bing. I don't know who they are asking, but that's what I hear.

  7. #7
    Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Hafeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    at a keyboard
    Posts
    5,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    The absolute first thing I want to see with traps is to have them work equally for players and mobs. I get that a mob might know how to avoid springing it's own trap, but once it's sprung and he's standing right in it, I want him to take damage, just as I do unless there is some very good reason why he doesn't. Every time I see the ogres dancing in the force traps in Greymoon, it makes me cringe.

    I also want poison immunity stripped from pretty much every mob that still has it. If players can't have it, then mobs shouldn't either.
    Wholeheartedly agree. Using traps against the enemy should always be a valid move. I love in some quests (a/k/a Tangleroot spinner traps) that some of the mobs won't follow you through them if you try to draw them down.
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

  8. #8
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    I agree.
    Mobs not getting damaged by traps is stupid, if they dont have some natural immunity to that type of dmg.

  9. #9
    Community Member DynaTheCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    The googles, they do nothing.
    Yeah, If I blast your face with a pressurized hose, all that will be left would be goggles.

    With high enough pressure, liquid can cut steel.... I think.

  10. #10
    Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Hafeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    at a keyboard
    Posts
    5,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DynaTheCat View Post
    Yeah, If I blast your face with a pressurized hose, all that will be left would be goggles.

    With high enough pressure, liquid can cut steel.... I think.
    Indeed:

    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

  11. #11
    Hero nibel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    3,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    4. Add NATURAL POISONS to the game. As it stands, PAP is supposed to make you immune to natural poisons. It does not do that. Or it does, and you've just changed everything with a poison attack to make it a magical poison (which is some bogus ****).
    There is a ton of natural poison in the game. Some of them even at endgame.

    http://ddowiki.com/page/Poison
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

    I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

  12. #12
    Community Member Hendrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bell's Brewery, MI.
    Posts
    10,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    I suggest the following:

    1. For consistency, EVERYTHING that is poison should deal damage (poison type) AND ability damage (as per the actual rules of the game. You know, those things you ignore these days?). Spells, weapons, natural attacks, traps, etc.

    2. Add POISON RESISTANCE as a form of energy resistance. This would act just like any other ER against the HP damage of poison attacks.

    3. Restore POISON IMMUNITY or change Proof Against Poison as follows: Poison Immunity would negate the ability score damage from poison while leaving the HP damage intact. Or change Proof Against Poison to where the bonus (i.e., PAP +6) acts as DR against the ability score damage. For example, PAP +6 would negate 6 points of ability damage from a poison attack. Note that's total, not per saving throw. So you might still take damage if you fail the secondary save.

    4. Add NATURAL POISONS to the game. As it stands, PAP is supposed to make you immune to natural poisons. It does not do that. Or it does, and you've just changed everything with a poison attack to make it a magical poison (which is some bogus ****).

    5. Add POISONS FOR WEAPONS. These should be available to buy in some shops, and craftable by Assassins, Druids, and Artificers. One "dose" could add poison damage to a weapon for x amount of time or x number of successful hits.

    6. Do all of the above to diseases as well.
    1. House rules. Plus, you really do not want "The Rules" enforced.

    2. New Enhancements from what I read so far. Not to mention saving throws.

    3. No to restoring poison immunity! You do understand there are ways to totally negate such special attacks such as poison don't you? Try them.

    4. We have them now.

    5. Why? We have poison weapons all over the place, get one.

    Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair
    I heard the devs hate all wizards, bards, clerics, fighters, and fuzzy bunnies and only want us to play halfling barbarian/paladin shuriken specialists!

    It's totally true, I have a reliable source. You better reroll now.
    Adventurer, Bug Reporter, Mournlander.

  13. #13
    Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    work....
    Posts
    30,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DynaTheCat View Post
    Yeah, If I blast your face with a pressurized hose, all that will be left would be goggles.
    Well I was hoping people would get The Simpsons reference.

    Quote Originally Posted by DynaTheCat View Post
    With high enough pressure, liquid can cut steel.... I think.
    I don't know about steel, but rock? Oh yeah.

    I use cold water to cut my car door open when it gets incase in ice during the winter in seconds. MUCH faster than trying to chip and scrape or use chemicals. Supersoaker in the winter for the mass confusion and expedient car opening.

  14. #14
    Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    work....
    Posts
    30,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    3. No to restoring poison immunity! You do understand there are ways to totally negate such special attacks such as poison don't you? Try them.
    Mob tells that hit 1 second before they show really don't work well for negation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload