Default Sneak-kill Minotaur Chieftain - how?

Every once in a while I hear about some rogue completing Frame Work in three minutes or so along these lines: stone first minotaur you see, invisibly sneak through the castle, disable the traps, sneak up on Chieftain, kill, done.

What I do not understand is this: Chieftain is accompanied by a bunch of minotaurs and two red-named (an orc and an ogre magi). How is it possible to kill him without alerting his court?
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    Every once in a while I hear about some rogue completing Frame Work in three minutes or so along these lines: stone first minotaur you see, invisibly sneak through the castle, disable the traps, sneak up on Chieftain, kill, done.

What I do not understand is this: Chieftain is accompanied by a bunch of minotaurs and two red-named (an orc and an ogre magi). How is it possible to kill him without alerting his court?
    I don't have a direct answer for you, but you may find one here.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

The way I do it, is run up to the exit ballista and jump onto it. It is a semi safe spot, you can either range him to death if you have very good ranged dps, or you can melee him down but he tends to run off to ring the bell a few times, so it takes patience. Doing it this way you alert everything and get swarmed, but dont get hit much and dont get knocked down. Depending on your dps it can be a very short fight. Then hard target the ballista under your feet and hit the u key, talk to dorris /fin

But isn't the quest oobjective to not sound the alarm?

I understand this is the fast way, but is it even possible to do it without the alarm? Can he be assinated?

The only way I know of is to use one of the ballista outside - can't remember which one, but I think it is the first one you can get to if you go counter clockwise around the outside of the map.

what you will do is collect enough parts to activate the ballista and then shoot yourself onto the upper deck of the "Throne" room. This is past the traps - make sure you are in sneak mode and any other concealment/move silent you can activate. You will get a small limited buff when you are shot inside.

However that is the easy part. The hard part is killing the chieftain without raising the alarm

Community Member

Every once in a while I hear about some rogue completing Frame Work in three minutes
    I would be surprised if a rogue would pull this solo that quickly on Elite.
    It's tough DPS check to kill the chieftain on elite. That Orc mage, shamen and possible Seer do some serious hjealing and if you mess up, it's tough encounter.
    Doable on sorcerer or strong manyshotter, quite hard on divine or other toons.
    But it's cakewalk on hard / normal farming and optional is worth a lot but sometimes you wont get it if you get unlucky Seers or mess up stoning from wand.

Anyway it's one of the best xp at lvl 14.

Mr Cow's video ( well who else ? )

The minotaur runts are each assigned to ringing a bell. Take care of them before they reach their bell and it won't be rung. Activating the other orange/red names in the throne room does not mean you fail that optional, it's strictly: "don't let the minotaur runts spot you and ring the bell". Generally you would not want the runts to ring those particular bells in the room anyways as it spawns a bunch of shamans that spams heal on the chieftain..

Avoiding the runts altogether is best, and I believe the safest route around most of them is to use the ballista right outside the throne room, like shown in the video (seemed a little icky personally, as you lose invisibility around a mob of minotaurs when you repair the ballista). Another route that is a faster completion, but will definitely cost you at least 1 bell rung, is to go through the main entrance and across the gladiator pit. Going this way will also force you to activate the trap on the ramp, so it might be yucky on elite.

So you can decide: faster completion or safer, slower route with optional.
    Last edited by Necromane; 07-03-2013 at 01:47 PM.